Main Forums > Living With HIV

Introduction

(1/1)

onlyhuman:
Hi there,

I haven't "just tested poz", but I believe it's standard procedure for evrey new member to introduce themselves so here I am  :) It's been just over 3 years now since I was diagnosed (it happened in 2018). 
I started my treatment a week after I found out my diagnosis and everything was fine (physically). The only side effect I really had to deal with, with my first regimen was nausea - and that was easy to deal with because I just switched to taking it at night.
Recently got put on a new regimen called 13A which is tenofovir/lamivudine/dolutegravir. Also fine - just affected my sleep so started taking it in the morning.
I joined this forum because I was never given counselling when I found out my diagnosis and I realised I've never dealt with any of those feelings... and now it feels like I'm sort of spinning out...

So if anyone has any advice or tips that would be super helpful. 

Jim Allen:
Hiya,

Glad to hear things are going well with the treatment.

--- Quote ---I joined this forum because I was never given counselling when I found out my diagnosis and I realised I've never dealt with any of those feelings... and now it feels like I'm sort of spinning out...

So if anyone has any advice or tips that would be super helpful.
--- End quote ---

Well, you are not alone, however, how I felt could be very different to how you feel or felt. How I cope with things could also be different.

So it might help members assist you if you could share more details about these feelings or issues you are experiencing? Also, have you considered talking to a therapist?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version