Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Bottoms UP....

(1/4) > >>

J.R.E.:
I will begin my Prep solution, for my colonoscopy, in about 5 hours... UGHhhh....  :P

So figuring it will take a max of about 3 hours to finish the solution, it's going to be a rough late afternoon and early evening.

Colonoscopy, is scheduled for 11:00 AM tomorrow at the VA.  I've been going through my records, this will be my 5th Colonoscopy to be done.

My last snack was about 9:00 last night, And I am already hungry, can already imagine how I will feel tomorrow morning. Weak and hungry. Well, at least these occur, only once every five years.

Had my Covid test done on Tuesday all went well, also had my 6 month HIV labs drawn, total of 5 vials.

Ray  8)

J.R.E.:

I also decided to mix the solution powder with Lemon lime Gator aid. I used this before which makes the mix tolerable.

Mixing with water, makes it taste pretty crappy.

Ray  :)

leatherman:
ugh. so sorry.  ??? :-*

I had a colonoscopy a few years back and swore I'd never have another one.  ;D The worst part for me really wasn't the prep but the freaking hunger later in the night before the procedure. I'm sorry, even though I love jello, jello is not a food and didn't even pretend to satiate my hunger. I usually only eat at dinnertime and I don't eat very much; so even though I ate earlier that day, "skipping" a meal was just too much for me. As soon as I was done and left the provider's office, I had breakfast for the first time in years and stuffed myself with not one but two large sausage biscuits.

Luckily everything was fine with my insides, so they said I wouldn't have to go back for 10 years or something. LOL I heard "never come back" and that's what I'm sticking with as my future colonoscopy plans.

I do however need to put my butt in gear and schedule an endoscopy. The scar tissue leftover from all the thrush I had in the 90s really needs to get stretched again so I can swallow more easily.

Interesting. Thinking about how so many people fixate on the supposed long term side effects of ARVs. I do have one long term side effect (this scar tissue) but that was from untreated HIV not from the meds  :o  ;D ;D

Best wishes for the outcome of your procedure.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: leatherman on November 04, 2021, 06:44:20 pm ---ugh. so sorry.  ??? :-*

I had a colonoscopy a few years back and swore I'd never have another one.  ;D The worst part for me really wasn't the prep but the freaking hunger later in the night before the procedure. I'm sorry, even though I love jello, jello is not a food

--- End quote ---

;D  I am not a fan of Jello.  Can't remember the last time I Had it.

I am now on my 11th, 8 ounce glass.  I have about another 5 or 6 to go.   ::) The good thing is I am currently running clear about now. It took 4 glasses to get me going !  ;D

Ray

J.R.E.:

I still haven't taken my nighttime meds yet of Epzicom and Viramune. I am not quite completed here yet. I was supposed to take them at 7:00pm

So I think I am going to take them around 9:00 tonight. About 2 hours from now, I should be completely settled down by then.

No more liquids after midnight. I just need a little swig at 6:00am, for my morning meds.

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version