Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Mohs on the nose

<< < (4/5) > >>

zach:
About halfway through radiation treatment, the retina in my left eye tore and detached. Surgery this morning. I was awake again. Seeing my nose hanging off, skull underneath last month. Now seeing my deflated eyeball and empty socket.

Psychologically jarring. Went my whole life without seeing under my face

Return to radiation in the morning.

No rest for the wicked.

EDIT: oh yeah, cataracts in both eyes

Jim Allen:
Fucking hell.

Sorry that you are going through this and hope things start to get better soon.

J.R.E.:
Zach,..

I am sure that's it's difficult for many of us here to express and understand, all that you are currently going through. It has to be extremely tough.

All I can say, is hang in there as best as possible, take care of yourself, and this too, will pass.  Keep us updated, and I am sure that things will get better quickly for you.

Ray

zach:
Ray, I don't want to oversell this part

I cant smoke pot for a week.  :'(

Postop, surgery went well. Eye was reinflated with a gas bubble, I have to keep my head face down for a week.

Bandages changed, I've seen the eye. Mostly just swelling. Itll recover

Cool patch for a month. (Ordered the Cawthorn, I despise him)

Goal is, this will all be over by new years eve.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: zach on December 02, 2021, 08:18:33 am ---

Postop, surgery went well. Eye was reinflated with a gas bubble, I have to keep my head face down for a week.

Bandages changed, I've seen the eye. Mostly just swelling. Itll recover

Cool patch for a month. (Ordered the Cawthorn, I despise him)

Goal is, this will all be over by new years eve.

--- End quote ---

Oh,... Thats's great Zach.  I was talking to my partner.  He worked for an eye surgeon, for over 35 years, before he ( Ed) retired.

I asked Ed, about what you stated, and the "reinflation". He explained it to me, that when the bubble is inserted, ( Not exact terminology that Ed used) The purpose of lying face down, is to let the bubble rise then to the back of the eye, where the healing process will begin.

Hang in there Zach, and take it easy.

Take care ----Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version