Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Mohs on the nose

<< < (3/5) > >>

zach:
Normally I'm all about aggressive approach to treatment.

I'm just not totally down with this level of response as precautionary.

Fighting existing cancer, yeah sure whatever it takes.

But this is just reducing the percentage odds of future cancer

I suppose I need to decide pretty quick

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: zach on October 11, 2021, 12:53:44 pm ---

I suppose I need to decide pretty quick

--- End quote ---

Zach,..

I would consult with the Doctor again, and find out why, ... after mohs surgery, which is supposed to remove ALL basal cell cancer, that he feels this is necessary. I sure you probably have, but consult again.

I spoke with my neighbor, and I misunderstood her. She never was required to have radiation treatment after Mohs surgery. Ed, never was told to have radiation treatment after his Basal cell was removed from his nose.

My neighbors treatment, was due to a more aggressive form of cancer.

And I never was told to have radiation treatment, after my Basal cell was removed from my nose or my toe, or the squamous cell was removed from my left arm years ago. That one required over 10 stitches, to remove all the squamous cell.

I wonder if a second opinion may be necessary in this case, or possibly something has changed in Dermatology, that this needs to be done.

Ray

J.R.E.:

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/basal-and-squamous-cell-skin-cancer/treating/radiation-therapy.html

"When is radiation therapy used?
If a tumor is very large or is on an area of the skin that makes it hard to remove with surgery, radiation therapy may be used as the main treatment. Radiation therapy can also be useful for some patients who, for other health reasons, canít have surgery. Radiation therapy can often cure small basal or squamous cell skin cancers and can delay the growth of more advanced cancers.

Ray

zach:
MRI showed cancerous growth around nerves on the left side of my face. A table full of emory doctors agreed with radiation.

So yeah, sucks, but I'm gonna proceed.

Have sat for a mask and hood fitting. Reminded me of a scene from fire in the sky when aliens put shrink wrap over a guy and drill into his eye. Membrane they lay over my head, wet it, then squish and mold it over every curve, nook, and cranny of my head. Chemical reaction hardens it, looks like a sci fi welders hood to me. I get to keep it when all this is over! Cant wait to scare kids.

So for 6 weeks, gonna crash on sons couch during the week... he lives right next to emory.

Upside, I'll have an acoustic guitar at hand. Already started practicing, remember most chords and can still run scales.

J.R.E.:

--- Quote from: zach on November 05, 2021, 02:26:26 pm ---MRI showed cancerous growth around nerves on the left side of my face. A table full of emory doctors agreed with radiation.

So yeah, sucks, but I'm gonna proceed.

So for 6 weeks, gonna crash on sons couch during the week... he lives right next to emory.

Upside, I'll have an acoustic guitar at hand. Already started practicing, remember most chords and can still run scales.

--- End quote ---

Zach,  sorry to hear that you are having to go through all this. Wish I could give you more words of comfort, but you will get through this. Keep your mind occupied, and stick with the guitar. It's been at least 49 years, since I picked up a guitar ! It seems a lot of people when they were in the Army, always attempted the guitar, and then forgot all about it, after they got out.

Hang in there-------Ray

Ray

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version