Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:33:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37612
  • Latest: testABC
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 304
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 303
Total: 303

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: story line  (Read 6924 times)

Offline em

story line
« on: August 17, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »
what do we tell others and people yet to be born about our lives and HIV

do we let stand the movies and stories that are out now or do we tell our own story?

let me tell what I would like to see . survival. making peace and moving on ?

a story to inspire wether one has HIV or not.

short entry of my own experience. nineties T-Cell count of 7 just after a blood transfusion. the T-cells were from the donated blood. Thrush shingles legions temperature and diarrhea. Then I got on a drug trial for some experimental drug called NORVIR ?

drove myself to doctors appointments and thought for sure was goin to die in traffic

just a thought please excuse the presumption of maybe this story might be worth telling

add and take away whatever you like lets build something other people would be inspired by and wish if something bad were to happen to them they would do the same overcome like we have .

thank you

EM

Offline em

Re: story line
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2013, 11:59:38 pm »
I am sure other people here have had it worse, done more, and  helped others. they have achieved great things despite being and or having  HIV .

I had told this friend of mine some years ago. He had asked me what I was up to ?
I without missing a beat said as little as possible. He  sold his business and moved away ? I have no idea were he went he worked very hard and had the best garage workshop I have ever dealt with. I miss him and his work. He needed a brake from working so hard I guess and if I had not been HIV+ at that time I would have liked to work for him fixing cars. I have been there and done that >

Nothing spectacular to report, no world changing social altering exploits. Just watched time slip by uneventfully. NO rush just movin on .

What and how HIV should be told how about the kid that used to get beaten up in school because he was small and did not defend himself ? I am sure there is something most of the guys here can relate too. Including myself . Life moves on and HIV diagnoses that feels like a ton of bricks was just placed on your body that everything you have known was just crushed ? Does that sound familiar I am sure that moment someone said HIV that room stood still . Something like that is never forgotten no matter how much you try and how many other things you try to do >

TO work writting a movie story ( even if it is about something as horrible as HIV )

writting a movie has always been a dream of mine HIV has been my nightmare

maybe turning lemon into lemonaide making a movie about HIV and survival.

a beautiful mind that guy it was based on he was on set met Russell Crowe and well he was a math teacher and had a great long life even though he had mental illness

maybe a movie about HIV and overcoming ? please pardon me while I day dream and fantasies about doing something major in my life besides waiting in a doctors office for blood work ? Like buying a lottery ticket everyone dreams of wining but few do. I heard it said making it in the movies is less likely then hitting the lottery?

so for the time I write this I part of a movie in the works about HIV and about being a survivor that still has a chance to have a life > even if it is not the life he dreamt of as a child like so many other people who's dreams did not come true HIV positive or not . They kept on and so shall I >

Thank you for allowing me to write here

EM

Offline em

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:22:22 am »
would I want to be the face of HIV ?

would I want to be in the grocery store and have someone point and say that guy has AIDS ?

It was a dump idea anyway a nice day dream only ?

My life is not defined bu HIV, HIV is only a small part of my life, a part that won't stop reminding me of its presents ?

just more questions and fewer answers. I hope some how to make HIV a minor precents rather then a defining element.

again thank you for letting me vent

EM

Offline moxieinme

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 08:59:11 am »
Boy EM, you really touch on many things I've been thinking about lately. Related to my recent other thread which I saw you read and kindly responded to. But this last post really hit home for me, esp.:

"would I want to be in the grocery store and have someone point and say that guy has AIDS ?
My life is not defined bu HIV, HIV is only a small part of my life, a part that won't stop reminding me of its presents ?"

For me, I made a New Years resolution that I'm doing pretty well keeping on living more honestly for myself and others. Part of that is the issue of disclosure. While not ashamed of being poz I'm still guarded. But I feel more and more it's important to be out about it. So in addition to telling a few more people in my life, I'm considering making a more public announcement around World AIDS Day this year. A big step living in a small, but very supportive community.

After 25 years it's time to let people know that HIV is with them and around them. I wanted to establish myself without the label of HIV, and now that people know my, I might be ready to carry that banner. So I may very well turn out to be the guy in the grocery store who is the face of HIV/AIDS. But how else are people going to come to terms with it? Not my hiding away.

So I'll keep you all posted how it goes.

Who knows, maybe I'll get a cameo in your movie? ;-)
Salvage therapy wrangler, riding the poz bronco and dodging bullets for over 24 years.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
CD4 at diagnosis 1989 = 330
Began treatment (AZT) 1989
Lowest labs 1998: CD4=74, 7%, VL=750,000
First sustained undetectable VL in 20 years (2009); CD4=315
Current labs (12/13): CD4=637, 27%, VL=<20
Current meds: Prezista, Isentress, Intellence, Norvir

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2013, 08:49:37 pm »
Hey EM!

Wow, it is good to see you here again.

I like what you have written and have empathy, in part because I was more or less right there with you.

Glad to see you again.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 11:53:17 pm »
Hi EM.   Wow it's been a long time!  So glad to see you here again.

Hugs--Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline em

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 08:41:13 am »
Part of my life that bothered me and through the grape vine the people at this place can hear my side. I heard a quote from this page the other day like someone wanted me to know they read it and know who I am ? SO here is some info on my life to share with them

After taking Norvir and Sequinavir, I felt much better and foolishly thought about going back to work. I thought about the college I had attended and the people I had known. I did not get any names addresses or numbers because I had thought I would be dead sone so why keep in touch.

So after giving it some thought I went over to the college alumni office  to see if I could get a message to some old friends to Email me. This way I could find out how they were doing and say hello to them. While at the college alumni office after asking my questions. This guy says come with me. He takes me to his office and asks to speak to me. I say my speech about wanting to network with my fellow students and help find work. He says that girl you mentioned she was very pretty. I scrunched up my face and thought this guy is up to something. He says this college is not a dating service. I am tired of you people from the town I am living in coming over here and thinking you own the place. While in shook from his statements he calls security. I leave thinking this guy has problems. Security catches up to me and they yell some stuff at me ?? I think ( I still do not know what to think ) . He calls the police and they call me . I had gone to the police station to say I had gone over to the college. The police man says are you on medication ?   My social worker calls me and says what were you thinking ?  I was thinking the diploma mill might be able to help me ? my mistake

Offline em

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 03:51:29 pm »
Sorry about the last remark just thinking about all the things HIV has done for me and how much I have overcome.  I am alright have food and shelter. No job for quite a few years. Still alive and living each day is new begining.

Thanks for letting me vent

EM

Offline em

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 09:30:59 pm »
a person meets another person. An attraction is felt but one person keeps there distance and assumed to be shy. The first person looks into the second and gets answers like they are no good stay away. They do not give up and ask the second person what is going on with them. The second person says I have HIV .

We have all had do this but has anyone seen this moment on TV or in a movie or on a soap opera? 

I have seen plenty of TV movies but not so much soap operas. I have seen plenty of HIV characters, not this moment .

Just something I had noticed; has anyone else seen this in a movie or TV. Please tell if you have .

Thank you

EM

Offline weasel

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2013, 02:48:10 pm »
Sorry about the last remark just thinking about all the things HIV has done for me and how much I have overcome.  I am alright have food and shelter. No job for quite a few years. Still alive and living each day is new begining.

Thanks for letting me vent

EM

Hi EM ,
               I hope all is well , reading this thread has made me think today .
    I LOVE to VENT here !   It's the best place to do it .
   Thinking of your movie idea , I think a movie would have to have successful  people as well as thous
that did not quite make it . Life is what it is , Some of us were never meant to be anything but what we are .
    Wishing  you a great day ,
                                                          Carl
" Live and let Live "

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.