Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 10:09:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773209
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 562
Total: 563

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Wanting Hope  (Read 6397 times)

Offline WantingHope

Wanting Hope
« on: November 19, 2008, 01:49:04 am »
First things first I'd Like to give thanks to all of you on this site it has help me allot through this time.Here is my story my friends.

About 5months ago I had sex with a prostitute' And I had shave my pubic region area" whatever you call right their.I have had a pretty bad ingrown hair from the past and it got cut and reopend it was bleeding but then stopped.after my shower.about an hour and a half later I went with a friend a we had sex with the prostitute.He went in first then right after like a minute later.She started to give me a handjob and then started to give me oral with a condom on.she then got on top and was coming down hard when she was on top bouncing on it sorry for the details.she then started to give me oral because I was nervous and got limp.after that i had got on top then after that we did doggy and then me on top again then we stopped I did not cumm or anything I then took the condon off with my hands washed my hands and then my face.During sex I wore all my clothing except my shorts were down alittle and my penis was coming out the boxer hole.

Since then About 9 week from exposure I had gotten the flu and was losing weight allot and looks like body fat too. headaches nausea vomitting didnt eat anything I then had gotten tested during this time and it came back negative.since then and up from this point on my throat has been kinda itchy but not hurting my muscles twitched or my nerves.my tongue looks alil with in the back.my arms and thighs have gotten smaller and what not and i eat allot i think and i eat fast food and it seems like i stay at the same weight but befor i use to gain weight fast.Also since then I havent workedout because I'am to scared I use to workout allot and push myself because I wanted a real nice body now i'am afraid.I can't do any of my homework and im failing my highschool classes and I dont go to school much I'am pretty afraid befor I was beyond scared when I first thought about it now I'am still scared alittle and have HIV on my mind through out the day and dream about it.I had broken up with my gf and we were seperated for a yr we're now talking and I'am afraid because we want a future together and if I have HIV/AIDS  she couldnt handle that and she will leave also I'am scared for my future and everything because theirs so much I wanna do but I'am afraid. please help me ;(
I do plan on getting retested in six months  which will be on my birthday :( during that time or should I?what do you guys tthink?please help

Offline RapidRod

Re: Wanting Hope
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 02:37:00 am »
You were never at risk of contracting HIV in the situation you've provided.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 07:21:48 am »
Want,

As Rodney says, you didn't have a risk with the sex worker. Hiv is a fragile, difficult to transmit virus that is primarily transmitted INSIDE the human body, not once fluids have gotten OUTSIDE the body and onto some little sore of yours.

And by the way, if you're going to shave your genital area, you need to be exfoliating the area both before and in-between shaves. This will cut down dramatically on those ingrown hairs. So will wearing looser clothing/underwear. It's the pressure of your clothes that forces the newly-growing hair under the skin - and it's easier if you have a thickish dead layer on top, hence the exfoliating. We see this shaving problem here all the time and no, not one person has ever ended up positive as a result. Neither will you.

You wore a condom for intercourse and that's what's important. I hope you wear condoms when you're with the "girl next door" as well as with sex workers. Hiv doesn't discriminate and neither should you.

You tested negative because you weren't at risk. You don't need further testing over this and by the way, the window period is only three months, not six. Now quit worrying and get back to your studies. It would be a shame to fail your classes over this non-event.

Along with reading the Transmission Lesson linked to in our Welcome Thread, here's what you need to know in order to remain hiv negative:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED FURTHER TESTING OVER THIS SPECIFIC INCIDENT, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. You ARE hiv negative. Stay that way.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 02:14:26 am »
Okay..Well Im wondering again do you guys really think im okay because I dont know sometimes my throat feels itchy and sometimes I have these lil tiny ity bity dots in my mouth sometimes and sometimes my head hurts my thighs and arms look smallish I dont really know though and lately I been having sex with my first love protected but im nervous and I cant function in sschool lately My story is just like how I told you do you think im okay still from what I told you also is it okay to give a girl oral without giving her anything if you did have something?TY All

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 02:15:26 am »
BTW THHANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LAST POST  :D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2008, 02:28:41 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2008, 02:46:41 am »
Well what about men giving women oral can that transmit hiv if a guy has it and he's licking a womans thing?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2008, 02:51:58 am »
NO.  You did not have a risk by going down on a woman.

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2008, 03:02:56 am »
Rod No I'am saying if a guy had HIV and went down onher? a woman would he give it to her?Sorry for not being clear :-[

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2008, 10:11:14 am »
HIV is not transmitted to either a man or a woman who is receiving oral sex. Doesn't happen. Period.
Andy Velez

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2008, 12:12:22 am »
 :'(Your sure you cant tansmitt hiv from oral I took the test it came back neg..I havent thought about hiv for awhile then after having sex with my girl a few times with a condom it never broke i even checked it and put water in afterwards only thing I did was lick her and we had sex 3 times I never cumm'd put i pre cumm alott kinda she alwsays wants to stop after she cumms a few tims  i dont mind anyways 4 weeks later her throat hurts and she dont feel good and her face feels hot im just hella scared plz assure me about stuff. im like gonna start to panic i just need logic point of view from u guy

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2008, 07:46:54 am »
Want,

You can't give your girlfriend something you don't have. You don't have hiv. You are hiv negative.

Even if you were hiv positive, nothing you've done would have put her at risk. Nothing.

But, YOU DON'T HAVE HIV!

So your girlfriend has a sore throat. So what. It's cold and flu season. If she continues to feel unwell, she should see a doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2008, 01:02:16 am »
mayb because im just hell of scared and I might have it now because my GF hasnt been feeling good and is like I never felt tired like this befor and saying she don't feel good or she feels like shes getting sick and the fact that I don't gain as much weight as I use to and I been stuck at the same amount for like 2 and half months and her not feeling good saying she feels like shes sick or she is sick then feeling like shes getting sick again then saying why does she feel so tired scares the hell out of me please understand im not trying to bother you im just wondering about your thoughts on this it makes me really nervous.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2008, 08:48:11 am »
It seems pointless to say anything to you. You're not listening. Ann and I both tell you there was no risk, etc. and you just come back with more of the same NONSENSE about symptoms and fears.

You need to re-read the responses we've given you. How much more clearly can we say you were not at risk for HIV?

I can tell you that you won't be permitted to continue coming here with the same carrying on. If you do you'll end up getting a time out.

Get on with your life. And if either of you continue to have symptoms you should discuss them with your doctor. They are NOT about HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2009, 07:55:39 pm »
andy thank you for yoour help I was wondering if a woman gets hiv does it make her miss her period just curious sir.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 08:01:25 pm »
NO.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2009, 07:33:31 am »
andy thank you for yoour help I was wondering if a woman gets hiv does it make her miss her period just curious sir.

I wish!

There are many things, NOT including hiv, that can make a woman miss - pregnancy being the most common.

Is that a time out I see in your future?

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2009, 06:26:23 am »
Ann I have A question but befor I ask I just wanna say you guys do help allot and help me and Just because I come back Doesnt mean things arent seenking in my head its just that im young scared and worried and I have so little knowledge about this and other things.And I feel I can get a complete honest answer here.
ANN OR ANY WOMEN OR ANYONE ELSE

My questiion is my GF has felt like crap  has allot of bad gas smells bad hasnt hadd her period for about a month and few weeks also she feels drowzey sometimes and shes not shitting normally and she eats allot more I guess and now her ass hurts when she sits  and says her insides down their doesnt feel good or something is this any singh of hiv/aids i mean when i went through my epic crisis about it i wasnt shitting normal had gas allot still do lost weight and head would hurt some of this stuff still happends but tell me what you think..thank PLEASE HELP ME LIKE YOU HAVE BEEN I JUST WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU REALLY THINK
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 06:28:48 am by WantingHope »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2009, 06:29:14 am »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline WantingHope

« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2009, 06:37:15 am »
rapid man im sorry im just nervous i would like to know my answers and see what you think about what i siad plz help ;( im not gonan be posting aftter this sorry but do answer me plz

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2009, 08:36:49 am »
Nothing you are reporting  about your gf's symptoms is in anyway suggestive of or related to HIV. If she's not feeling well she should be talking with her doctor.

And you don't have an HIV problem either.

You are however on the verge of getting yourself a time out so consider yourself warned. You can't keep coming back here every time you have another fearful thought.
Andy Velez

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.