Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:14:54 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773294
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 718
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 707
Total: 707

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Who The Fuck Is This Bucko, & Why Does He Have So Many Posts?  (Read 12271 times)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Who The Fuck Is This Bucko, & Why Does He Have So Many Posts?
« on: October 07, 2011, 05:07:15 am »
I guess I kinda gotta re-introduce myself to the genpop here at AM. My handle’s Bucko but I usually sign my posts with my given name: Brent. I found AM pretty much by accident in 2005 after having Googled “HIV+ unprotected sex” based on a fleeting, ultimately dead-end relationship that, at the time, caused me some undue concern, at least as regards re/superinfection. My initial avatar was something I’d drawn years previously, which showed Theda Bara holding up her hair à la A Fool There Was, her break-out hit of the mid-teens of the 20th century. My current one was taken while at work.

I am perhaps best known around here for my verbose posts and my self-indulgence in over-disclosing (I don’t recognize the concept of TMI). My second claim to fame is having initiated a blog with Matty_the_Damned and a long-forgotten member I choose to remember as Ronita (eventually to include many others). It remains in my signature and is, quite maybe, my ultimate accomplishment, long-derelict and vacant as it may be. Even the briefest of perusals will highlight its insidiously provocative nature (and intent).

My relationship with AM (and, by proxy S+S) remains supremely ambivalent, due to multiple instances of what I felt was hypermoderation (the banning of M_t_D and Moffie simply being the most obvious and egregious of examples). There will be those who remember me (with a mixture of feelings, granted) and those who found me coarse, vulgar and generally over-the-top. There are others who remember me as a loving a good-hearted soul; there are even some who’ll remember me as something of a prodigal who posted profusely and subsequently left in a huff. Some may even remember me as the fool who let another member too deeply into his heart and home. Yeah: that’s me, quite literally warts and all.

I was infected in 1984, during an unexpected and distinctly unpleasant encounter with someone who wouldn’t believe that I’m a non-versatile top and chose to over-power me, as he was so very much larger and stronger than I was. Nevertheless, I have always accepted my culpability for my own infection and have never (really) allowed self-pity to intrude into my life. But that hardly means that my self-destructive impulses have not been very busy in the interim. I've left quite a trail in my wake.

It just means that I’m highly pragmatic about actually living with HIV. I am hardly an AIDS minimizer, and am outspoken regarding the whole Diabetes-related paradigm: it’s bullshit and will continue to decry it as such. Just because we live ‘til we die does not mean that we live optimally; anyone living with HIV is already vastly diminished, in my experience and opinion. That doesn’t mean that we don’t deserve a chance, but our options are necessarily greatly limited by our condition. Saying otherwise is a fool’s errand.

So welcome me back or don’t. I’ll post to my heart’s content regardless. The bitch Is back, bitches.

/corrected a few typos/
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 05:31:18 am by Bucko »
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Growler

Re: Who The Fuck Is This Bucko, & Why Does He Have So Many Posts?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 05:43:23 am »
So the warning label reads.....Highly volatile, Contents Unstable and likely to explode without provocation!

Sounds like me on a good day, except I usually get the job of wiping up my own shit afterwards  ;)

Good to meet you mate

Growler
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline komnaes

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 05:48:06 am »
And you dare mention that blog Bucko, which you haven't updated since 2009?!

You know I have to start going back to "nifty" for dirty stories since for, er, "self help" reading materials..  ;)

I have missed you buddy,

Shaun
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 08:02:23 am »
Welcome back, Bucko. The forums have changed over the past couple of years, except for Am I Infected which never ever seems to change.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 08:29:34 am »

Welcome back Brent..  I do hope this stay is longer that your last.

T
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 08:59:25 am »
Buckles!

:)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 11:03:05 am »

There are others who remember me as a loving a good-hearted soul

That's how I always think of you - that and as a long lost Manxman. A Viking. Good to see you posting again. :-*
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 11:10:14 am »

Welcome back.

Assurbanipal
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%
2014 VL UD - 48
2015 VL 130 Moved to Triumeq

Offline buginme2

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 11:27:23 am »
Yo.

The GenPop
Don't be fancy, just get dancey

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 01:03:24 pm »
Good to have you back, Brent. :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Since2005

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2011, 12:36:03 am »
Hi Bucko, Thanks for re-introducing. Where did you come from? Where have you been? Are you foot fetish? ( sorry did not mean to be blunt.. not sure why did I even ask that. The answer won’t bother me or surprise me.. just thought I would ask..)  Reading your thread I became nostalgic. Well we know who Mtd is ( and wish he gets well soon). I wonder who Ronita is? What is she doing now? All these forum members would I be seeing them next year? I was reading some really really old threads and I was surprised to see lots of are not here anymore. That kinda made me sad. May be who I talk to everyday now, I may not be talking to them in few years. You also reminded me my friends back home whom I don’t keep in touch with anymore. May be I am lonely and I need to make more friends. May be I feel you guys are my friends and new family. In lots of ways you reminded me a lots of things tonight, One of those is some is never lost, some just come back!

Sorry did not want to get all nostalgic on you! Glad you are back. Or should I say nice to meet you.

Offline Bucko

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2011, 03:06:15 am »
So the warning label reads.....Highly volatile, Contents Unstable and likely to explode without provocation!

Sounds like me on a good day, except I usually get the job of wiping up my own shit afterwards  ;)

Good to meet you mate

Growler

Good to meet you too, Growlie. I only wipe shit off those whom I love or myself, so for the time being you're on your own.

And you dare mention that blog Bucko, which you haven't updated since 2009?!

You know I have to start going back to "nifty" for dirty stories since for, er, "self help" reading materials..  ;)

I have missed you buddy,

Shaun

The final chapter of the Mancunt Chronicles is half-done, Shawna. Once finished, it'll all be posted to a dedicated site (with corrections and some editing) in chronological order. In the meantime, you've never commented about Party Girl, have you?

Welcome back, Bucko. The forums have changed over the past couple of years, except for Am I Infected which never ever seems to change.

I've noticed, Ford.

I think it'll be some time before I begin contributing to AII again.

Welcome back Brent..  I do hope this stay is longer that your last.

T

Thanks, T: me too, actually  ;)

Buckles!

:)

Youth Pastor Timtation! Loves ya...

That's how I always think of you - that and as a long lost Manxman. A Viking. Good to see you posting again. :-*

Thanks, Ann: considering some of my past rhetoric (most of which I have come to regret), I accept the gracious olive branch. I still need to figure out when to be an oaf and when to exercise humility. You showed me today how to (maybe) still do both with my usual flair.

Welcome back.

Assurbanipal

Oh I've lurked...

Yo.

The GenPop

Thanks, Bugs. I love a man who knows his place  ;)

Good to have you back, Brent. :-*

You were always a special friend, BT: thanks for the response  :-*

Hi Bucko, Thanks for re-introducing. Where did you come from? Where have you been? Are you foot fetish? ( sorry did not mean to be blunt.. not sure why did I even ask that. The answer won’t bother me or surprise me.. just thought I would ask..)  Reading your thread I became nostalgic. Well we know who Mtd is ( and wish he gets well soon). I wonder who Ronita is? What is she doing now? All these forum members would I be seeing them next year? I was reading some really really old threads and I was surprised to see lots of are not here anymore. That kinda made me sad. May be who I talk to everyday now, I may not be talking to them in few years. You also reminded me my friends back home whom I don’t keep in touch with anymore. May be I am lonely and I need to make more friends. May be I feel you guys are my friends and new family. In lots of ways you reminded me a lots of things tonight, One of those is some is never lost, some just come back!

Sorry did not want to get all nostalgic on you! Glad you are back. Or should I say nice to meet you.

Hey S'05-

So many questions!

I grew up in the greater Boston area where I lived mostly until 1999: I moved in town the day after my last day of high school (in 1978) to begin the first of either six or seven flawed relationships (depending on how you count). I spent most of 1988 in Manhattan, and lived in Paris from 1990-92. My French remains one of my chief accomplishments and speak it with no discernible American accent: most native-speakers presume that I'm Swiss.

Of all my previous relationships, only two are still alive (that I know of); there's a cortege of corpses I drag behind me every day. It's frequently not pretty, but overall it's a minor self-indulgence I partake in when feeling especially self-destructive.

Ronnita has tumbled like the tumbleweed she truly is. No one's heard from the poor soul in years, and I'm not certain that's a bad thing, overall. I choose to not gossip about my (former) friends, so I'll not speculate further.

There are many reasons why one leaves a message board. I had my reasons, which at the time felt valid, and I'm sure others have had theirs as well. Again, it's pretty poor form to speculate on other people's motives in light of any real facts. I will say that this is a far different place than the one I stumbled on in 2005, with all the mixed blessings such a statement implies.

I am not a foot fetishist at all, really. I just have this crazy job which involves working in a Leather/Fetish bar here in SoFla where I've been the resident bootblack for the last three years. I shine shoes and boots and give the best foot massage in SoFla (that's my script and I'm sticking with it). To me, feet are hands you walk on: nothing more nor nothing less. If you understand code, you'll appreciate the fact that I'm flagging red-left far more than whatever I'm otherwise doing with my hands  ::)

I'm not drawn here by nostalgia. Rather I believe that I can truly contribute again to a community I once felt was my home. I have friends here whom I've missed during my self-imposed exile, and M_t_D's thread about a possibly life-threatening condition (aside from HIV) spurred me to action.

Offline spacebarsux

• Survival of the Fittest
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2011, 03:27:38 am »
Welcome back Bucko.

I enjoyed reading some of your old posts and look forward to getting to know you,  now that your resolve to assist and be part of this online community has been resurrected.  ;)
Infected-  2005 or early 2006; Diagnosed- Jan 28th, 2011; Feb '11- CD4 754 @34%, VL- 39K; July '11- CD4 907@26%,  VL-81K; Feb '12- CD4 713 @31%, VL- 41K, Nov '12- CD4- 827@31%

Offline Bucko

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 04:09:25 am »
Oh please: rely on me to be the same cunt I've always been. Older age has neither softened me nor socialized me any more than when I was a kid struggling on Boston's dirty streets 30+ years ago. I'm an old salt who takes and gives in kind. But thanks for the compliment, SBS: every little bit helps.

Offline Jody

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 11:32:02 am »
Hey Brent, good to see you back here.  It's been 5 years that I was in Ft. L and remember having a fun time when I visited.  Remember the King Tut exhibit, that was cool.  And a few nice dinners out and those cool bars at the mall...Good times.  Be well.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Bucko

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2011, 08:25:35 pm »
Thanks, Jody  ;)

You're one of the very few members here whom I've actually met IRL. The Tut show was great, Casablanca was wonderful and, of course, you also got to interact with that grifter whom I wasted six months of my life on.

Ah well...(mostly) good times  ;D

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2011, 08:46:27 pm »
Oh please: rely on me to be the same cunt I've always been. Older age has neither softened me nor socialized me any more than when I was a kid struggling on Boston's dirty streets 30+ years ago. I'm an old salt who takes and gives in kind. But thanks for the compliment, SBS: every little bit helps.

What can I say but "Thank God for that".. ;)

Missed having you around.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline weasel

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2011, 09:33:04 pm »

Howdy  :)

Glad you are still  posting   :-*

Weasel
" Live and let Live "

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2011, 06:54:48 am »
Oh please: rely on me to be the same cunt I've always been.

I wouldn't want you any other way.   :-*   I'm glad to see you here again.

"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline Basquo

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2011, 10:09:07 am »
Nice to hear from you. We need a little spice aound here, and you're just the one to bring it! I've missed you as well.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2011, 03:22:47 pm »
Helloo Bucko glad you's back around

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline Bucko

« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2011, 07:29:58 pm »
What can I say but "Thank God for that".. ;)

Missed having you around.

Aroha
Jan :-*

Thank you, Jan. It's weirdly hard for me to post here. It's just something I'm gonna have to work out, I guess. Kissies.

Howdy  :)

Glad you are still  posting   :-*

Weasel

Heya, Weasel; consider yourself kissed back.

I wouldn't want you any other way.   :-*   I'm glad to see you here again.

Thanks, Buck. I had been lurking quite a bit lately and figured to try again. Damn! I'm sure kissing a lot of folks in this post  ;)  :-*

Nice to hear from you. We need a little spice aound here, and you're just the one to bring it! I've missed you as well.

You can count on me for that, B. But you knew that already  :-*

Helloo Bucko glad you's back around

- matt

You don't know this, Matt, but you were one of my first internet crushes back when I first joined AM  :-[, so I'd be remiss if I didn't give you a peck, too  :-*

Offline klassykitty

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2011, 11:15:10 am »
Aren't most of us on here coarse, vulgar and generally over-the-top?  If you give good foot massages you are more then welcome to come to my house.  ;D

Michelle  8)
How to handle stress like a dog:
If you can't eat it or play with it.....
then pee on it and walk away

Diagnosed 01-20-2011
01-23  CD4 32    VL 125,400
02-18        76     VL 189
03-14  no cd4 test done   VL-52
04-14   69  VL-UNDECTABLE  YEA!!
05-26   50  whoopsy  
06-27   71        %-7
08-15   64 WTF %-9 
10-16  80         %7  
2012  CD4  %Thing   VL-UD
01-18  87    7
04-18  93    8  
07-16  151  8         
10-18  83    9    VL-70
2013   CD4   %thing       VL-UD
01-28  121     9
04-24  148    11   
07-25  157    11   
10-22  185    13
2014   CD-4  %thing   VL-UD
02-07 201 YEA!!!!!!  12
06-03  205      12

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2011, 10:51:06 pm »
Brent,

Welcome back.  I'm happy to hear all is going well with you.  You've been missed.

Joe

Offline Bucko

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2011, 02:39:39 pm »
Aren't most of us on here coarse, vulgar and generally over-the-top?  If you give good foot massages you are more then welcome to come to my house.  ;D

Michelle  8)

Well, there are plenty of good girls, lots of bad ones and a smattering of the truly depraved, which is a title someone once honored me with  ;D

My foot massages, though challenging, are ultimately very rewarding. And despite histrionic claims to the contrary, I've yet to actually break a foot  or ankle  ::)

Brent,

Welcome back.  I'm happy to hear all is going well with you.  You've been missed.

Joe

Same here, Joe. Hope all's stable and comfortable with you and the hubby.

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2011, 03:19:50 pm »

My foot massages, though challenging, are ultimately very rewarding. And despite histrionic claims to the contrary, I've yet to actually break a foot  or ankle  ::)

Love  foot massages my otherhalf use to be able to do them, but his arthritis has gotten so bad he can no longer do them  ???  and like a lotta of you LTS here I don't have that much padding on my feet, I can't even walk barefooted anymore , too painful :(
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2011, 03:31:55 pm »
Brent !  I am so glad you're back sweetie.   It's like "old home" week....

Still traveling along in my journey with HIV....as I say, some are riding in sleek BMW's, and some other ones of us (like me) are rattling along in our 1972 Chrysler Cordoba....but on the journey we are, nonetheless.

HUGS to you, dear man. 

Alan
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline Bucko

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2011, 07:25:00 pm »

Love  foot massages my otherhalf use to be able to do them, but his arthritis has gotten so bad he can no longer do them  ???  and like a lotta of you LTS here I don't have that much padding on my feet, I can't even walk barefooted anymore , too painful :(

My boss is like that: the soles of his feet are devoid of any real cushioning. Lucky for him, his job schedule is adjusted so that, as the happy hour bartender, he can perch and lean instead of constantly moving on his feet. It's more laid back than most night shifts.

I calibrate my massage to suit each individual customer, and tell them that I'm gonna start at 60 (on a scale of up to 100) and go up or down from there. But I'm really only good for about four or five intense, 85+ massages per night. I have plenty of local regulars, but most of my serious earnings come from out-of-towners, tourists and snowbirds.

Brent !  I am so glad you're back sweetie.   It's like "old home" week....

Still traveling along in my journey with HIV....as I say, some are riding in sleek BMW's, and some other ones of us (like me) are rattling along in our 1972 Chrysler Cordoba....but on the journey we are, nonetheless.

HUGS to you, dear man. 

Alan

Hugs back, Alan: I can smell the lovely Rich Corinthian Leather from here  ;D

Offline denb45

« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2011, 07:46:46 pm »
Well I suppose I can go down to my local ASO and get a few massage vouchers for the local massage-school, I'd gladly grace them with a very nice tip, ANYTHING is better than nothing @ all  :-[
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Bucko

« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2011, 08:15:47 pm »
Well I suppose I can go down to my local ASO and get a few massage vouchers for the local massage-school, I'd gladly grace them with a very nice tip, ANYTHING is better than nothing @ all  :-[

See if you can get someone with experience in reflexology and/or Reiki. Even if it's essentially a placebo effect, I have seen my efforts in these areas recognized as therapeutic, even among those who've never heard of either discipline. On some level, I believe that there's a transference going on.   

Offline denb45

« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 08:49:50 pm »
Reiki  I've heard of that one, those lotions & oils just don't really do it for me, I like the hands on approach, (deep muscle massage) most don't even know how to do this, the harder it's done the better it feels  to me, thanks for the info tho Bucko  :)

Offline Bucko

« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 09:09:04 pm »
Reiki  I've heard of that one, those lotions & oils just don't really do it for me, I like the hands on approach, (deep muscle massage) most don't even know how to do this, the harder it's done the better it feels  to me, thanks for the info tho Bucko  :)

Oh, trust me: the place I work is *hardly* some New-Agey relaxation den. It's hot, loud and smokey. I use this stuff for the foot massages because it stays wet for the right amount of time and washes off completely. It also smells very neutral and, let's face it: getting your feet massaged with lube is at least kinda hot.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2011, 04:07:58 am »
Hello Bucko,introducing myself and welcoming you , having foot massage was/is the very best part off the Hospital day. A local UK cancer Charity The Macmillan Trust have a group off excellent practitioners volunteering there skills.

In addition to FM one off them works in a famous rehab so its fun to push for gossip.

theyer
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline Bucko

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2011, 02:01:53 am »
I love the gossip, Theyer. Thanks for the welcome (back).

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.