Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:02:12 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 364
Total: 365

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 55331 times)

Offline hercules

• Standard
Re: tests are in! re.test or not?
« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2006, 01:21:04 pm »
thanks herc so if the elisa found hiv then the wbt would have confirmed this right? what do you think triggered the elisa to test reactive? i did have a blood transfusion 20 years ago but i dont know what made this go off!
Yes the WB would of came back positive, as to what triggered the screening test i don't know, from what they told me at the lab it could be hundreds of things, i honestly do think that with me a couple months  before i went to go give blood i was taking anabolic steroids (sustanon and deca) for weight lifting i was taking a shot a week and a day before i went to give blood i took another shot, so i think that maybe my body sent out antibodies to get rid of that foreign substance and it crossed reactid with the test, what else could it be.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:25:07 pm by hercules »

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2006, 01:26:48 pm »
hey herc ive done lots of roids in the past 5 years from sustanon and deca and much more but have been off them for close to a year! i would think that all these roids would have been cleared from my system by now>you know what i just wanna make sure that if any one ever had a elisa come back reactive that the wb would have to as well end od story!

Offline hercules

• Standard
« Reply #102 on: September 13, 2006, 01:28:51 pm »
Sustanon is i think the only steroid that stay's in your blood stream for a very long time.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #103 on: September 13, 2006, 01:31:49 pm »
OK boys, this fear-fueling love fest is ending right here.

Life, you've been warned. You are now being given a four week time out. Don't create a new account to get around your time out, because if you do, I will know and you will be permanently banned, no questions asked.

Hercules, you aren't in any position to be giving advice here. Please cease and desist.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LOVELIFE

back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #104 on: October 12, 2006, 01:29:35 am »
well im back from my time out that wasnt needed but i really wish people would listen rather then punish. im really scared about hiv and since the time out have found out that what i had said in my original threads about being infected on purpose is true what this person has been trying to do to others. anyways heres where i stand so far...............full sti screen at 9 weeks all neg hep a b c all neg and my hiv results were reactive elisa neg p24 neg wbt i then had  another test at 15 weeks all stis neg a b c neg for heps and the hiv test was still the same. why im really scared is that my elisa keeps reacting!!!!!!!!!!! i have spoken to doctors who are saying that im late seroconverting but i mean i have had some symptoms and the most noticable symptoms are the painless ulcers on my tongue which have been there 1 month after the possible exposure and the painless little ulcers on the inside of my cheeks that come and go in 24 hours some times????

so experts here we go...........................would it be possible for my hep tests to come up neg but the hiv elisa react to it? if the hep tests are neg do you really think the elisa would pick up the antibodie instead?

is it possible for the elisa to find and react to a hiv antibodie and the wbt miss it?

for hiv night sweats is a fever usually present?

another hiv doc said that i could have a very high viral load but would it be safe to say that if the virus was doing all this quick damage to my mouth so soon that do you think a hiv antibodie would have been picked up at the 15 week mark or even the 9 week mark? can the virus do all this damage and still not be detected on a test even past the window period?

well its good do be back and hope this time out brings me better luck and a very special thanks to deepbluesee2003 who was with me the whole time during my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well ann i really did miss you and no hard feelings so goahead and kick me back some answers to my questions cause im truly confused and scared that im not producing anti bodies. should i do a pcr or do you think the wbt is the best thing to keep me happy?????? thankyou ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 01:44:14 am by LOVELIFE »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: back from my time out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #105 on: October 12, 2006, 07:56:17 am »
I've merged your new thread into your (now unlocked) original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

The purpose of your time out was not to punish, but to encourage you to get the face to face help you need.

Your negative WB means that you are hiv negative. This is a confirmatory test following a reactive ELISA and you are only ever considered hiv positive if the WB is also positive. Yours haven't been. You are hiv negative.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2006, 08:37:57 am »
dear ann thankyou for your advice im really still scared and have gotten help but i did have a few more questions i just posted would you be so kind and help sort them out by answering some of them with the experts? ive had two reactive elisas and would really like some advice on those questions ive been waiting 4 weeks to post? thanks experts i mean that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2006, 09:10:48 am »
Life,

You may have had two reactive ELISAs, but you have also had two NEGATIVE Western Blots. This means you are hiv negative.

There are things that can cause false positive ELISAs. Some of them are pregnancy, Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, EBV and some autoimmune syndromes. You have ruled out HAV and HBV and I assume it's safe to say you're not pregnant. This leaves other options for you to explore with your doctor as to why you are getting false positives on your ELISAs. It has nothing to do with late seroconversion as one of your doctors suggested.

I would suggest testing for EBV and rheumatoid factor as a place to start. Whatever is going on, you don't have hiv. Two negative Western Blot tests have proven that.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #108 on: October 12, 2006, 10:59:34 am »
dear ann thanks for responding to my concern! i saw my doc and he is very concerend that im late seroconverting and i was wondering if you and the experts could help explain the whole converting process! you know that i had a reactive at 9 weeks and same at 15 weeks doc says i was probably converting around 9 weeks and at 15 still converting and not showing any antibodies at all! please help guys i cant sleep and  do you think i should test again ann or do the two neg wbt seal the deal even the one past the window period? this seroconversion stuff is driving me crazy!!!!!!

thanks ann

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #109 on: October 12, 2006, 11:41:17 am »
Life,

My advise to you is that you find a new doctor, one who understands hiv. The one you have been going to obviously doesn't have a clue.

You are hiv negative. Period. End of story.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #110 on: October 12, 2006, 11:55:19 am »
ok ann

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #111 on: October 12, 2006, 11:59:08 am »
ann i will try and get a new doc but if you could help ease my mind about this seroconverting stuff. if i was seroconverting at 9 weeks which made the elisa reactive then do you think that a 15 weeks my antibodies wou;ld have been present by then? im still scared and dont know much about the seroconversion stuff!
thankyou very much ann!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2006, 12:30:19 pm »
Life,

Yes, if the nine week test was anything to worry about, your WB would have been also positive at 15. If it were otherwise, I would have said before.

You ARE hiv negative. You can be given another time out if you insist on asking the same questions over and over.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2006, 01:35:49 pm »
ann no more time out because this getting really serious with me and my family. you helped with the seroconversion but would a pcr test be better then a wbt? if the virus is so high and im not producing antibodies then the pcr would find it? i know most people seroconvert eraly as you have stated but what causes the late ones? this is the last question about this and my tongues aptrous ulcers are still there since the first month and they keep reoccuring on the inside of my cheeks for some reason and come and go in 24 hours? i tested again at the 5 month mark and are scared to here the results but ill let you know when they come in asap! i dont know what is causing the mei to react but its scary thats all ann. ann if i tested neg at 15 weeks for hepc a b could that test not pick it up but the hiv elisa maybe pick it up? i hope you like the 15 week window for that test as weell.............

thanks again ann and ill post tests soon!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #114 on: October 13, 2006, 02:06:16 pm »
Seek out the help of a menatal health professional. You've received your negative conclusive test and are now beyond the scope of being helped on this forum.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #115 on: October 15, 2006, 01:49:30 am »
hey rapid now me and the kids and the wife all have the same little tiny ulcers on the inside of our cheeks and now im scared. my 18 week tests are due back next week and this could seal my fait. i dont know know what could be causing theses same ulcers on our cheeks but it sure sounds like hiv since we would all have come inot contact with the same strain. what i cant figure out is how the two kiddies could now be infected from vertical transmission somehow? im scared and ann has already said im not late serconverting since ive had 2 reactive meis but two neg wbt! why the wbt isnt picking up antibodies i dont know but since seeing all theses ulcers in our mouths were all really scared now! is there anything else out there that i could have spread vertically to our kids? i really hope this next test doesnt seal my hiv pos deal!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #116 on: October 15, 2006, 04:44:57 am »
Seek out the mental health help that you need.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #117 on: October 15, 2006, 10:08:13 am »
Life,

There are many different causes of oral ulcers, but hiv is not one of them. Of course you don't know what's causing them, unless you've managed to get through years of medical school and become a doctor in the last few weeks. Take you and your family to a doctor and let the doctor decide why you are getting oral ulcers. It's not for us to say and it's not for you to say either. That's what doctors are there for.

You don't have hiv and the only thing your eighteen week test is going to seal is your negative status.

And by the way, normal everyday contact such as what happens within families does NOT pose any risks for hiv transmission. This "vertical transmission" you refer to happens in the womb and/or during childbirth. It does not apply to your children who were born before your hiv scare. 

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline ramsey

Re: i must be the first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2006, 10:28:06 am »
hello am on line

Offline ramsey

« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:12 am »

Dark days become sunny Frigid days become warm, Rainy days become cloudless
And lightning got wiped away from the storm.
Oceans sing,  Rocks cry out, Mountains roar, And tree branches shout.
The stars fall  Right out of the sky. The moon winks And the sun went dry.
All because you said one thing All because you said it true All because you made me smile
All because you said I love you
Ramsey

[/img]

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2006, 10:31:35 am »
ramsey,

What you are doing is considered "thread hijacking" and we do not permit that here. If you have an hiv concern, start your own thread by clicking on the "new topic" button found in the upper right-hand corner of the main "Am I Infected" forum page.

Do not reply to this message, start your own thread. Before you do, please read the Welcome Thread, take note of the posting guidelines found there and follow the Lessons links.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2006, 01:05:16 pm »
dear ann its just strange that we are all getting these ulcers on our insides of cheeks. they come and go and they dont hurt or bleed except the ones that only i have on my tongue? i have read spme ways of vertical contact and could you pleaes explain some such as toothbrush, or helping our child with a wound that is bleeding? what are the vertical ways ann were so scared!

thanks from all of us!!!!!!!!!!

by the way are ulcers condatious any kind that you know of?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2006, 01:13:43 pm »
You don't have HIV and this is an HIV site. Take all your medical issues to the doctor. HIV isn't the cause.

Offline LOVELIFE

« Reply #123 on: October 15, 2006, 08:08:25 pm »
i sure hope i dont have hiv but rapid i think i really am a late seroconverter and what ever is causeing theses aptrous ulcers in all our mouths can only be a virus and i think it could be hiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so scared it isnt even funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #124 on: October 15, 2006, 08:42:54 pm »
Well get off the HIV kick, cause you are HIV negative. You do not fall in the category of a late seroconverter. Looks like you are getting ready for another time out. Get the help you need from a mental health professional. You are beyond the scope of help that anyone can give you on this forum.

Offline ScienceGuy25

« Reply #125 on: October 15, 2006, 10:57:47 pm »
i sure hope i dont have hiv but rapid i think i really am a late seroconverter and what ever is causeing theses aptrous ulcers in all our mouths can only be a virus and i think it could be hiv!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so scared it isnt even funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I second RapidRod's suggestion!??!!  Weren't you the same person posting about how you had HIV before you had even taken a test?  You're negative and counseling is a necessity!!  If your behavior on this site is any indication of how you behave with your family then i would recommend counseling for your entire family, so that this incident doesn't leave a permanent negative mark on their lives.

Your infatuation with HIV seems to be an obsession and this is not something you can handle on your own.  Get the professional help you need (and fast)...

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #126 on: October 16, 2006, 08:38:58 pm »
You won't be going to "I Just Tested POZ." Unless you are going to be a bug chaser. I hope you really know that you do need some mental help. That is something we can't help you with here on this website. Just accept that fact that you have tested negative and move on. We have people here that have real concerns on their status. We don't need someone like you on here that continues to post nonsense.

Offline J220

« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2006, 12:11:29 am »
It's ironic that you claim to be worrying so much about your family but in reality you are making them suffer because of your paranoia...that is sad. You are either a total self-absorbed jackass, or you are officially clinically mentally unbalanced. Either way, as others here have stated ad nauseum, there is nothing anyone here can do for you....now please pay attention:

TIME TO SEE A MENTAL HEALTH SPECIALIST. YOU NEED HELP.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2006, 12:15:32 am by J220 »
"Hope is my philosophy
Just needs days in which to be
Love of Life means hope for me
Born on a New Day" - John David

Offline LOVELIFE

canada might have just got the hiv cure first!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #128 on: October 18, 2006, 02:51:08 am »
hey i know i get in the bad books with ann when i post over here but i just got in and saw great news at google.ca listen everyone while your sleeping and when you wake up today go to google.ca and go over to news then type in hiv news and youll see the best news i think in a long time and can you understand that the canadians might break out the cure first! this was a great report from the london press and i really hope this is a dream come true for the whole world!!!

enjoy guys!!! good morning!!!!!

Offline LOVELIFE

Re: canada might have just got the hiv cure first!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #129 on: October 18, 2006, 03:04:58 am »
if i get a time out for this ill laugh my ass off considering i live in to canada and this could really be the real deal!!!!!!!! DONT GIVE ME A TIME OUT FFS!!!!!!!!!  :o

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #130 on: October 18, 2006, 07:46:55 am »
Life,

I've merged the thread you started elsewhere into your thread here.

We are also banning you. You are refusing to treat this forum with the least bit of respect. You are way beyond the scope of this forum and there is nothing more we can do for you here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.