Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 04:11:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 464
Total: 467

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: I cheated - now I'm paying the price.  (Read 3799 times)

Offline stupefied

I cheated - now I'm paying the price.
« on: July 07, 2008, 08:14:55 pm »
I'm new to the forum and I hope someone can help me out.  My deal: On May 13 I had a huge fight with my bf.  I went to a local YMCA to work out.  Afterwards, I went into the steam room and hooked up with this guy I've seen there once or twice. I don't usually do this type thing but I was mad at my bf...sorry excuse.   By hook up I mean I let him perform oral on me with a condom. Before we did anything, he left the steam room and came back in( I think to go to his locker for condon).  I then left and returned when it was empty, just him.  He pulled out a condom and started to put it on me. It was steamy and kind of dark and he was having a hard time so once he got it over my head, I helped roll it up.  He sucked for less than 2 minutes and was interupted when some guy came in so he  quickly left the steam room.  I wrapped a towel around myself and left the steam room.  I took the condom off and flushed it.  After I showered I noticed blood on the edge of my towel.  I had no idea where it came from....maybe the guys mouth?  A few days later a friend of mine told me he heard about a guy at the gym giving guys head and using the same condon over and over.  Now my mind is racing.  My fears and questions:

1.  If this was the same guy and he put a used condon on me, would that be considered a risk/exposure?  What if there was blood or semen in the tip, could HIV be transmitted that way?   The steam room was dark and steamy and I could not see that well to examine the tip of the condom, nor did I examine it when I took it off.

2.  Should I get tested? and if so, can I test now?  I know the standard is 3months, but I also read somewhere you can test at 22-30 days.

My nerves are on end.  IF the guilt wasn't enough - now I'm terrified to have sex with my bf of 3 years.

Excuse any mistakes - I just needed to get this out>

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: I cheated - now I'm paying the price.
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:17:54 pm »
Receiving a blow-job, protected or unprotected, is not a risk for HIV transmission. You do not need to test.

As for your guilt, well that's your issue. We can't help you with that. Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

Offline stupefied

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 08:30:44 pm »
Matty - Thanks for the quick response.  I do understand BJ are not  a risk, but my concern is the use of used condoms.  As far fetched as this scenario may seem, it is a real concern for me.  Yea, I"ll deal with the guilt - maybe tats what fueling my fear.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:06 pm »
Yeah, that whole "heard about a guy who reuses condoms" thing sounds like traditional gay rumour to me. I wouldn't believe it. If you're worried about it (I don't think you should be) then test 13 weeks from the date of this encounter.

If you're sexually active and not in a secure monogamous relationship (and let's face it, you're not) then you should be having a full STD screen at least once a year. Twice is better. Please note that I'm not suggesting you need to test over this incident, I'm just saying it's a good habit to get into.

If you do decided to be tested, I totally expect that you will test negative and so should you.

MtD

Offline stupefied

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58:06 pm »
That was the first I've ever cheated, but point taken. But assuming that scenerio is truly the case, would it be considered a risk of exposure? Not trying to be difficult, just worried senseless.

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 09:27:53 pm »
Doll,

The fact that you rolled the condom down over your wing-wang tells me it was new from the packet. It's next to impossible to re-roll a condom. In any event, putting used condoms on is a real hassle and in my experience guys in sex-joints don't like real hassles when it comes to fucking, they just like to get it on.

MtD

Offline stupefied

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2008, 09:51:03 pm »
Again, you have a point.  But now I question where the blood on my towel came from. Did he have blood in his mouth?  Could it have gotten into the condom accidentalyy/deliberately? I haven't seen the guy since that day to question him. Forgive me for going super paranoid, I just don't want to make anynmore mistakes or hurt anyone. My peace of mind lies in a negative test at 13 months.  Oner last

Offline Matty the Damned

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2008, 10:06:51 pm »
Look kid, calm down.

You don't know that it was blood and in any event it's really no big deal. Maybe the chap had bad oral hygiene. Whatever it was you were wearing a rubber so I don't see anything to fuss over.

Like I said, if you're that stressed over it, get tested.

One other thing, the window period for HIV testing is 13 weeks not 13 months.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.