Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 04:54:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 217
Total: 217

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Matty's in the hospital.  (Read 32492 times)

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
Re: Matty's in the hospital.
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2007, 10:49:06 am »
Pete wishes MTD a speedy recovery.

Have you contacted the authorities about this?  They could kill the next person they assault. 

Offline SASA39

« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2007, 10:57:08 am »
I really doubt that police is gonna catch them because it was a concidental meeting ( so to speak) . In light of that info , you better forget it all.
On the other hand maybe that particular train was suitable for them too and it will be in the future..........so please be carefull........next time going out.....take some company ( like 1,91 m high , 250 pounds , martial arts expirienced me ).....was there any conversation beetwen you and that slymies before the fight ?
                                Al
Heel well and hang on................
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2007, 11:19:15 am »
Sending get well wishes your way and wishes that your assailants get their due when the time is right,

Woods
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2007, 11:27:59 am »
Matty, my dear comrade,

I wish you a swift recovery and, in the meantime, really good pain meds. Having been there myself, I would add, try not to let what happened get to you.

Whether you believe in it or not, I am sending positive, healing energy your way.

((((((BIG HUGS)))))

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #54 on: August 20, 2007, 11:33:44 am »
Youth Pastor Tim is organizing a prayer group for you as we speak.

;)

(I just caused him to need another shot of morphine....tee hee hee)
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #55 on: August 20, 2007, 11:36:14 am »

I will add him to my prayer list....... :D
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Iggy

« Reply #56 on: August 20, 2007, 11:57:07 am »
Matty,

I'm sorry this happened to you. 

Iggy

Offline Jerry71

• Biktarvy CD4 637 04-17-18
    • Facebook
« Reply #57 on: August 20, 2007, 12:02:09 pm »
Get well soon Matty!!!!!! :-*

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #58 on: August 20, 2007, 12:05:36 pm »

;)

or this might happen
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB-3O2wiXmQ

Offline jessem3s

« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2007, 12:37:10 pm »
Yay!!! :D
Matty gonna be ok! ;D
We can all atleast expect him to fully recover and aim his harsh jokes at us!!!
Oh, the relief! :P

Sleep tight big man!
I remember being picked on in middle school (not cool).
Grrr!!!!

XOXO :-*
Jesse S (or to you Jessica)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:54:58 pm by jessem3s »

Offline Buckmark

• Would you like to tie me up with your ties, Ty?
    • Henry's Home Page
« Reply #60 on: August 20, 2007, 12:40:24 pm »
I'm not sure which outrages me more:  Matty getting assaulted, or the perpetrators getting away.  

I hope you make a full and quick recovery, Matty.

Hugs,

Henry
"Life in Lubbock, Texas, taught me two things:
     One is that God loves you and you're going to burn in hell.
     The other is that sex is the most awful, filthy thing on earth and you should save it for someone you love."
- Butch Hancock, Musician, The Flatlanders

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #61 on: August 20, 2007, 12:51:31 pm »
Oh Mattymoo! I'm so sorry - I only just saw this. :( I just sent you a text (its 12.50pm Atl-time).

I hope those bastards get whats coming to them (I'm fuckin livid! >:() but more important I hope you and your arm make a quick and full recovery very very soon.

I'll text you again later (after I find out what time it actually is there...). Meanwhile rest up easy, sweetie.

Muchas love and gentle hugs

Your Miss Melia :-*
(who loves and misses her Mattymoo very very much)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline bryonut

• I'm not just sure, I'm HIV positive!
« Reply #62 on: August 20, 2007, 01:09:56 pm »
Matty,

Upon hearing your words the saints of Utah rejoiced! Please know every man, child and sister wife are praying for your immediate recovery.

In the name of jesus christ, amen

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline cayucosguy

« Reply #63 on: August 20, 2007, 02:07:24 pm »
Mtd -

Glad to hear you are going to be okay.  Enjoy the morph while you can, and don't worry - left-handed (at least for some things) becomes second nature really quick!

Getting bashed sucks (oh, do I know that!), but you received great advice earlier in this thread - don't go out alone late at night if you don't have to.  We gotta watch each others' backs!

Vince

Offline pozattitude

• Enjoy
    • to find out more about me....
« Reply #64 on: August 20, 2007, 02:14:22 pm »
Matty,

I am shocked to hear that the damned one was attacked in the land down under.  Terribly sorry to hear about your injury and pain and wishing you a fast recovery.

Rich
POSITIVE PEDALERS... We are a group of people living with HIV/AIDS, eliminating stigma through our positive public example.

Offline Jeff64

« Reply #65 on: August 20, 2007, 02:15:26 pm »
Get well soon, Matty!

I hope the goons that broke your arm get caught and prosecuted...what nerve!

Jeff

Offline Teresa

« Reply #66 on: August 20, 2007, 02:37:04 pm »
Dear Matty,

There are no words that can truly describe how totally outraged I am that this happened to you! The fact that there were 3 of them and they had to hit you from behind. What low life cowards!!!! I hope that one day they get what they really deserve! And I hope it is slow and painful!

I will keep you in my thoughts and say a prayer for a speedy recovery...but in the meantime enjoy the pain meds.

Much Love
Teresa
Hubby HIV+ 5/5/06
CD4:320
  %: 26.7
 VL: <20
Atripla (started it 8/24/06)

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2007, 03:42:43 pm »
It's good to hear from you. I am glad you are back in your love shack and starting to mend. I'm sure you are feeling it right about now with that morphine but take it easy with it too. Just think if you hadn't hauled ass like you did things could have been much worse. So rest up and we will be here.... :-*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline purpledragonfly

« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2007, 04:13:47 pm »
Dear Matty, I am so happy to read that you are home and are going to be ok. I will say a prayer for you and for the ones that did this. Get Better soon.

Wendy

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2007, 04:34:01 pm »
Matty I am so sorry you had to go through this...   Glad to here you are on the mend.   I was wondering if they had video surveillance at the terminal and can get mug shots to the police for prosecution??  Assult with deadly force is a hefty crime up north..

Best wishes for your arm to heal up,

Eric
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 06:24:34 pm by Life »

Offline LPinUK

« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2007, 04:44:03 pm »
I wish you a speedy recovery Matty.

Laurence (Who knows Matty is a true legend)
Diagnosed Poz September 2003, Current Regimen Truvada & Sustiva.

Offline paolo10954

« Reply #71 on: August 20, 2007, 05:08:38 pm »
I've never directly corresponded to the Matty but I only wish him well and hope you have a speedy recovery!

Paolo
jun03     hiv negative
dec03     tested positive
mar05     cd4 698  vl 23221 no meds
jul05       cd4 660  vl 2962 no meds
dec05     cd4 553  vl 5412 no meds
mar06     cd4 610  vl 3158 no meds
june06    cd4 523  vl 3924 no meds
dec06     cd4 616  vl 1236 no meds
march07  cd4 536  vl 1331 no meds
june07    cd4 486  vl   820 no meds
sept07     cd4 576  vl  380  no meds
aug08     cd4 530  vl 1725 no meds
april09    cd4 428  vl  1059 no meds
july09     cd4 511  vl   533 no meds
jan10      cd4 380  vl  1200 no meds
mar10     cd4 262  vl  2389 no meds
april28, 2010 started on Isentress and Truvada
july10     cd4 340  vl undetectable
nov10     cd4 431  vl undetectable
march11  cd4 350  vl undetectable

Offline manchesteruk

« Reply #72 on: August 20, 2007, 05:18:00 pm »
Ouch Matty that sounds really painful.  I hope your up and about again soon and make sure you get some morphine out of them!

Chris
Diagnosed 11/05

"Life is too important to be taken seriously" Oscar Wilde

Offline appleboy

• Just me!
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2007, 05:28:50 pm »
Oh no not my Matty!   I think we should all band together and kick some homophobe ass.  This is not the first time this has happened to people I consider family and well this site is considered my family.  Every time this happens it just tears me up.  It is senseless and still proves how far we still have to go. Matty I am so glad you are ok for the most part.  Please keep us up and take care of yourself. 
 :-*
Bill
If you are walking down the street and your pants drop to your ankles bend over pick them up and keep on walking!
My Blog

Offline StrongGuy

« Reply #74 on: August 20, 2007, 05:50:50 pm »
Glad you're on the mend and that you're on the road to recovery. I hope they find the f-ers and go medieval on their asses.
"Get your medical advice from Doctors or medical professionals who you trust and know your history."

"Beware of the fortune teller doom and gloomers who seek to bring you down and are only looking for company, purpose and validation - not your best physical/mental interests."

"You know you all are saying that this is incurable. When the real thing you should be saying is it's not curable at the present time' because as we know, the great strides we've made in medicine." - Elizabeth Edwards

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2007, 05:52:03 pm »
Jesse, I can't let your use of the term "breeder" pass uncommented upon. In its way it's as bigoted and as offensive as "faggot" when that word is used as an epithet. It is a dismissal of a lot of people based simply on what? Sexual preference, right?

And the implication is those who are identified that way are some lower form of being.

Words are important and they have both the power to heal as well as to hurt. Please don't that term or any other like it on this site. Although many members here are clearly openly gay there are also others who are in fact what you have called "breeders," and they deserve to be treated respectfully.

Thanks for your cooperation in the future about this request.
Andy Velez

Offline Sky

• Myspace
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2007, 06:18:55 pm »
On no!  Is he ok?  If you hear from him again send him my love  :'(
Poz since 2003.

Offline Catman

• Blessed with more than 9 lives! + since 1986
    • Who is the Catman?
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2007, 06:30:25 pm »
I quivered at the thought of the pain in the arm. Ouch! News like this get me pissed. It just makes me feel like breaking one of those thugs neck. I guess my bad temper and sob looking face when I'm mad would scare away any bashing bandit around. I swear, if this ever happened to me, the person would be very injured, probably more than I. I'd find the guy and pay back. Sorry to say this, but that's me. I don't trust police for these things, much less the ones in Puerto Rico. >:(  Get better "Matty from the dark..." 8)
Catman

Meow to the birds
Meow to the tree's
Meow to the end
of this dreadful disease...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2007, 07:20:15 pm »
Again Matty the Damned thanks all of you for the comforting posts. :-*

I don't like the Police because like many queers I've had bad experiences with them. I would die before I'd turn to the Filth for help. They are The Enemy.

Also this is not the first time that I've been bashed for being gay. I'm sure many gays here (especially those of a particular age) would have had the same experience. Rest assured I will deal with this at the appropriate juncture.

Matty the Damned has a long long memory.

I haven't told my family what happened, my mum and dad think I "slipped" in the rain. For various reasons I'm gonna keep it that way. My parents and other relatives know I'm gay and are cool with it, but I keep my queer life and my family life separate.

It's the way these things are and I'm too old to change now.

As for the arm, well it hurts like 10 bastards but grossest thing is when the ends of the fractured bone grate together. It's just revolting, really the most awful sensation.

Kisses,

MtD

Offline JPinLA

• Cheers!
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2007, 07:25:46 pm »
Ouch, Matty!  That is an unspeakable horror that I can only imagine half-wit hooligans performing on another person.  I do hope that you mend quickly - both physically and mentally. I do image the physical mending to be quicker, however.

Here's to your recovery and to the half-wits' journey through what I hope is a hellish future for them...

Fondly -

Jason
11/06 - Diagnosed - VL/5784 & CD4 326
2/07 - VL/6000 & CD4 290 2/07
3//07 -Began Truvada/Viramune 
4/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 320 22%
7/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 286 22%
11/07 VL/undetectable and CD4 302 26%

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2007, 07:45:18 pm »
Oh Matty-
  I know bones rubbing together is painful as hell.  When I had a touch of the wasting syndrome 14 years ago, I got so thin that my bones rubbed together.  I was in constant pain.  My doctor gave me Dilaudids.  I guess Morphine would work as well.  Hope you heal well and quickly.
Love ya :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2007, 08:02:24 pm »
Well, this just goes to show you that shit's live everywhere...Matty, I just wish you nothing but a speedy recovery...this is extremely infuriating...my heart breaks when one of our own is attacked!!
Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline Blixer

« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2007, 08:51:25 pm »
Matty... best wishes for a speedy recovery and a rapid lessening of the pain.  I'll send good thoughts your way.
David
Diagnosed 1/9/06
8/27/2007 CD4 598, 29%, VL 58 (72 wks)
11/19/2007 CD4 609, 30%, VL < 50 (84 wks)
2/11/2008 CD4 439, 27%, VL <50 (96 wks)
5/5/2008 CD4 535, 28%, VL <50 (108 wks)
10/20/2008 CD4 680, 28%, VL <50 (132 wks)
Changed to Atripla in 2012
1/14/2013 CD4 855, 35%, VL <40

Offline RICKY77531

• just Chill
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2007, 09:01:58 pm »
hope u get better soon Matty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
06/2007   CD4 266  Vl 62000
06/2007   CD4 200  Vl 13495
07/2007   ATRIPLA
09/2007   CD4 323  VL Undetectable
11/2007   CD4 428  VL Undetectable
01/2008   CD4 357  VL Undetectable
04/2008   CD4 357  VL UNDETECTABLE
08/2008   CD4 402  VL UNDETECTABLE
11/2008   CD4 421  79 DETECTABLE..
2/2009     CD4 450  VL UNDETECTABLE

Offline libvet

« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2007, 10:18:02 pm »
MtD, I'm really sorry this happened to you and sorry that the people who are supposed to protect and serve are so apathetic to things like this.

I hope you get better soon.   

Offline rocket

« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2007, 11:24:07 pm »
So sorry and angry Matty.I hope your on the mend and realise that if all your friends here were there in Aussie land we would kick those punks a** .    This is really upsetting. Sending you support and love from the states.     Rocket

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2007, 09:32:39 am »
Wishing you a speedy recovery...........
hope you're able to jerk off with the other hand :P
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #87 on: August 21, 2007, 11:57:23 am »
Well
wishes
being
sent
across
the
ocean to
Boolaboolabonbong
<----

Offline Christine

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2007, 04:07:30 pm »
Oh Matty,
I am so sorry this happened. It sickens me.

As always, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Chris sends his best also.

Gentle hugs to you!
Christine
Poz since '93. Currently on Procrit, Azithromax, Pentamidine, Valcyte, Levothyroxine, Zoloft, Epzicom, Prezista, Viread, Norvir, and GS-9137 study drug. As needed: Trazodone, Atavan, Diflucan, Zofran, Hydrocodone, Octreotide

5/30/07 t-cells 9; vl 275,000

Offline zeb

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2007, 04:25:02 pm »
Well Matty,

I feel sorry this happend. Hope you're getting well soon!

Zeb

Offline red_Dragon888

• Love and Be Love in Return
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2007, 06:21:38 pm »
Get well soon...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=I3ba3lnFHik

Off Crystal Meth since May 13, 2013.  In recovery with 20 months clean time.

Offline Dragonette

• Spring symptoms
    • NotPerfectAtAll
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2007, 06:50:32 pm »
shocked & sad that this happened.

hope these hooligans meet their fate very soon

"If you keep one foot in yesterday, and one in tomorrow, you piss all over today". Betty Tacy

Offline texasguy

« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2007, 11:12:37 pm »
Hey MTD..hope all is healing.  I've got two broken bones in my face and a cute little scar in the back of my head from 3 gay bashings in the last 20 years .  Fuckers are everywhere I guess.  I thought living in Texas, USA was bad for this sort of thing, but it seems everyone must keep a careful watch in this world no matter what their particular situation.  And I'll admit for the record that all three times I had had a few cocktails and/or beers.  Seems like we should be able to do that like 99% of the rest without too many worries???   :O

Rest well.
- tw
8/12/2008    102        402      26.8
                    VL         CD4     CD4%
7/11/2008   Started Atripla and Lisinopril for high blood pressure
6/8     654000(?) 347     20.4
5/08   42100       287      20.5
11/07 52930       438     27.3
5/07   48800       356     22.2
2/07   89000       316     23.2
7/06   51700       459     25.3
2/06   346000     386     20.3
           VL          CD4     CD4%
Poz Antibody Test January 2006
Seroconversion December 2005
Exposure November 2005

Offline poz1970

« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2007, 03:06:59 am »
Alot of train stations in Australia have surveillance cameras these days, i just hope this was one of those with them, make it alot easier to catch the little bastards.

Glad to see you're alive and well, hope it wasn't your wanking arm!

J
"The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals and 362 admonishments to  heterosexuals. That doesn`t mean that God doesn`t love heterosexuals. It`s just that they need more supervision." -- Lynn Lavne

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2007, 03:50:16 am »
F-ing Son Of A bitch Matty. This really sucks. I hope your pain is tempered by the morph..Fucking Homo haters...karma is a bitch.

I hope you can at least jerk off??? Let us know about that, hehe.

Love ya man, hope you heal soon. And I hope the enemy bastards get paid back, in Spades of course!

Props to The Little One...You are the best! Thanks for keeping us posted.
Positive since 1985

Offline Lis

« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2007, 05:47:50 pm »
The damned may be down... but never out...

enjoy the opiates..

love you!!
poz 1986....

Offline Jena

• To God Be The Glory!
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2007, 08:11:08 pm »
HI Matty
 I hope things have calmed down a bit by now. Sometimes I'm really embarrassed to live in  a world where such hatred thrives!  Take care of you Honey!
Hugs
Jena

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2007, 10:51:35 pm »
Matty the Damned will rise again!  ;) GET WELL, MATTY!

8)  -megasept

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #98 on: August 24, 2007, 01:34:36 pm »
As much as matty and I don't get along it's horribly infuriating for me to read this thread, and I hope that once his recovery is going better that he fully prosecutes these guys if they are caught.  (edit) I see that he's not going to the police with this... oh, well that's your call.  I understand fully a personal loathing for police, at least somewhat. 

I was away from the board when this happened so please excuse my tardy posting.  Please indulge yourself with all the morphine you can score and know that Philicia sends her very best wishes.
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline JeffreyM

• 11:11
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2007, 02:22:34 am »
Get better soon Matty!  So sorry you were hurt.   HUGS  JeffreyM

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.