Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:08:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37650
  • Latest: rovipa
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773275
  • Total Topics: 66346
  • Online Today: 546
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 332
Total: 332

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Please, try to convice Nuno from Portuguesecouple.  (Read 3726 times)

Offline blondbeauty

Please, try to convice Nuno from Portuguesecouple.
« on: October 04, 2006, 05:49:06 pm »
Nuno just sent me an sms telling me he is starting med right now. But he is starting with a 200mg dose of sustiva today, a 400mg dose of sustiva tomorrow and a 600mg dose the third day.
I am telling him to take 600mg from the very first day because only one mutation can make you resistant to sustiva.
Am I right?
Please, if I am, try to convince him. I donīt want his first line treatment to fail.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
Re: Please, try to convice Nuno from Portuguesecouple.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 06:55:45 pm »
Hey Blond,

If you need to, you can PM Tim Horn with this question, or else, Gerry; they can answer this for you. 

In Love. 

P.S. Tell that couple they are missed and we want to know how things are. 
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 08:11:06 pm »
Thank you Tim. They got married the 9th of September. They are a beautiful and sweet couple. I had the opportunity to meet the in Lisbon.
I have been chatting with Madalena and, apparently, it was Nunoīs Dr. advice to start treatment that way. So he is probably right. In fact these doses are packed separately from the rest of the treatment, so it must be a Portuguese protocol. His Dr. sounds to be very good.  ;)
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 09:04:18 pm »
I remember we had a discusion of this before about 18 months ago, when I was talking about how the dosage is is the same for people of different weight. From my understanding or bad memory I thought Newt said something to the effect this is now standard Euro procedures.
Anyway the doc knows and I am sure Tim will set you str8.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline TugaMan

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:34:00 am »
Strange... I'm also Portuguese and started taking Stocrin (Sustiva) about one year ago... 600mg right from the beginning. So did all the people i know who are taking this. 600mg...
Maybe it's some new "technique"... don't know.

Offline franfrog

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 07:56:09 am »
I am not sure if that has anything to do with weight.  When I started tratment I weiged 110lbs(wishing I was still around there) I started right with 600mg.  Never started slow.
Fran
7/05 diagnosis cd4- 52 vl -?
08/05 cd4-299 vl-1900
10/05 cd4-249 vl-349
12/05 cd4-349 vl-52
03/06 cd4-454 vl-<50
06/06 cd4-508 vl-<50

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 08:23:16 am »
Sorry I didn't mean to confuse the issues , the weight to dossage  posts were just a time frame as to when something someone had said. They are 2 different issues.
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline bobik

• My worksite
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 07:28:17 am »
Hi Juan,

I wouldn't panic.
First of all, with Viramune it is okay to build up, half dosis in one week, the other one in the other week. Sustiva is similar stuff, with a similar speed of developing resistance. Three days wouldn't harm him. especially if he is on 2 other drugs as well. Resistance is a matter of a longer period than 3 days, I think. Although Nuno gets a very unusual advice from his doctor I don't think the results will be that disastrous that we all need to advice Nuno.

Coen
Coen Honig at Facebook

Offline portuguesecouple

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2006, 06:04:16 pm »
Hi everyone!!!First of all i want to thank you all for worrying about nuno. He is doing almost fine with meds, he feels a little dizzy and tired after taking sustiva.
About his start with sustiva in progressive doses, the doctor has just explained us, why there's no problem . Sustiva remains in your body with a high level of concentration for +/- 120 hours. so with sustiva doses less than 600mg are possible, as we took them every 24h. With truvada this isn't possible, as his duration his only 36hours.
That's why truvada must be taken every 24h at the same time and 600 mg of course. With sustiva, his doctor said that it could be taken when nuno is going to sleep (600mg of course) but the hour he takes it can be 2 more or 2 less. He just cannot miss a dose.
Doctor said that each med has specific regimes, as all of you know.
I hope that you understand what i wrote..
Thank you and give your opinions about this.

Kisses and Hugs
Madalena and Nuno

Offline portuguesecouple

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 11:11:26 am »
Hi! What do you think about what my doctor said?
Kisses for all

sorry about we only came here few times, but life is so busy and we have to many problems to deal with, as you know...
 ???

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 11:57:52 am »
I don't think that people are ignoring your question, but reflecting the differences in Medicine in United States, and Europe.  I have no experience with these two medications and your questions should be answered by someone who is actually a medical doctor.  I don't know who here is quialified, except for Tim Horn.  He is our resident expert.

In Love, and it is good to see you even occasionally.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline blondbeauty

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 12:17:32 pm »
Hi! Madalena and Nuno
Happy to see you here again. Sorry for panicking but when you told me Nuno was going to take efavirenz in 200mg doses the first day, I thought it was Nunoīs decision. Later on, after chatting with you and knowing it was your Dr. who prescribed it that way I felt much better.
I think you should not worry about it and trust your Dr. For what you have told me he seems to be very good.
 :-*

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.