Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2024, 10:44:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773166
  • Total Topics: 66331
  • Online Today: 286
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 237
Total: 239

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: almost twenty years ago  (Read 3236 times)

Offline em

almost twenty years ago
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:55:09 am »
I had been thinking about HIV related thoughts and was goin to post this in off topic cause it is just stupid life stuff

I had found out I was HIV + and locked myself in my apartment then got very broke real fast so I had to get a job I had taken a job in all places a restaurant and was working as a waiter. One of the waiters one night was talking about hiv and I started to listen then he looked at me and said is this entertaining to you I had said well being how I am too this is very amusing to me >

I will try not to mention the names of these people in case they read this.

this was almost twenty years ago and the other waiter had said he had met a real nice older guy who was retired military and the other night they started to get intimate and when he said we should use protection the older guy got mad and the younger guy insisted . The next morning the older guy had said why did you want to use protection I do not have anything and the younger guy said he had to bite his tongue and choked on what he felt he had to say  and blurted out that he did have something and was very much in fear for his life about disclosing even though the older guy had been after him for months to become intimate with him.  then the older guy said you are messing with me you look FINE !!

the older guy had come buy the restaurant and asked for the younger guy and when the person who seated customers had said he was not in > he looked around and went to the bar to see for himself and when I saw him I could not help it but had a nervous look to my face that he must have not known what to think about that . Probably thought I knew something then again lying has never been one of my strengths.  Stuff happens and this was before it was against the law to not disclose.

Then a few days later the younger waiter had called me to say he had a flat tire and could I help. He had said the lug nuts were rusty and he could not get them to budge. I went over to were his car was and he had said someone had sliced his tire. the Lug nuts were to rusty to be removed and he did not know what to do and he looked flustered that someone would slice his tire . When I looked at the tire I could see the lug nuts were rusty and the slice in the tire was not from a sharp implement but was a tare most likely from a curb. I had told him that this was no stab from a knife but a tare most likely from hitting a newer granite curb with a sharp edge to it that had torn the tire . He grinned like the wait of the world had been lifted from his shoulders then smiled and said ' I do do that hit curbs when parking " I had said then that is more likely what did this and showed him how the rubber was folded over and looked more pinched then cut with scrapes around the edges that were from rubbing against something .

I had put a three foot pipe on the lug wrench and loosened the lug nuts then changed the tire . the entire time he just looked so pleased at the way I showed him that no one was out to get him .   

Do not get me wrong when it comes to being paranoid I am first in line to jump to the worst conclusion but this time I had to tell what I thought and it made just one person not feel hated. If that is what being alive is about then that is the living I like to be able to live.

but anyway that was that and my co worker well last I knew was living with some guy about his age who had a large trust fund or something and is doing well 

this about living with HIV and thinking and feeling the world is out to get you and sometimes it is just your own fears backing up on you >

hope this helps someone else out there twenty years later

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: almost twenty years ago
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 04:20:26 pm »
ZOMG, em!

Is it really you?

MtD
(Who has wondered what became of em)

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:02:23 pm »

Sure seems like it Matty...   EM if that is you I was just thinking of you the other day :-\.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 05:10:14 pm »
Wonderful story EM!

Wow, we have so much missed you here and we just couldn't figure out where you went.  Thanks so much for returning.  I have missed your ass.  ;)

Love Ya. 
(Who is sorry there are no more roses)
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Boo Radley

• Not a "real man" and damn proud, mithter... FAB
    • Animal Rescue New Orleans
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 05:19:25 pm »
EM,

Welcome back, my friend!!   Thanks for sharing your reminiscence.

I hope you return regularly to the forums -- we've missed you!

Boo
formerly rfcnola
String up every aristocrat!
Out with the priests and let them live on their fat!

Everything I do, say, think, excrete, secrete, exude, ooze, or write © 2007 Sweet Old Boo, Inc.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 05:23:32 pm »
this about living with HIV and thinking and feeling the world is out to get you and sometimes it is just your own fears backing up on you >

hope this helps someone else out there twenty years later

Yup, no doubt about it. It's our EM. Your post has made getting up today worth it, doll.

MtD

Offline Robert

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:50:54 pm »
 Oh it's EM all right.

"...and it made just one person not feel hated. If that is what being alive is about then that is the living I like to be able to live."

Nobody says it better.

Welcome home em

robert

Offline whizzer

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 06:51:41 pm »
WOW,

em is back !  This really is old home week.

But I don't remember seeing em use so many capital letters before today.

WELCOME BACK

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 07:03:57 pm »
i feel that for my next episode of life, i am goign to end up in jail somehow... what could really be worse than this but that?
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 07:53:49 pm »
Thank you em. You remind me that sometimes it's not as bad as the scnearios our imaginations concoct. I could use that lesson a little more often.

Way too cynical

Jonathan
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 11:55:56 am »
EM, you're back!

I'm very glad to hear from you again. I had wondered what had happened to you.

The story of the waiter was inspiring and a good reminder to us all what impact we could have on others.

I'm so glad you're back.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 01:51:53 pm »
I saw this thread and didn't post a reply immediately because...well...I'm not sure.

I didn't want to connect the poster with the EM of the old fora if it wasn't in fact the same person.

But please let me first apologize for not welcoming our friend EM back in from the cold. I missed you my enigmatic friend.

Brent
(Who loved the odd puns EM would construct)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline BB

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2007, 10:09:10 am »
Two thumbs up em. Good to hear your still around.

Bill
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.