Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:43:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773210
  • Total Topics: 66337
  • Online Today: 581
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 500
Total: 500

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: trying to redeem myself  (Read 3536 times)

Offline em

trying to redeem myself
« on: March 29, 2019, 01:45:30 am »
trying to think of something to redeem myself. to show just how not crazy I am, but like somethings in life  it is a fool's errand. the more you try to defend yourself the guiltier you seem. just what it is,  accept it and move on.  build a bridge and get over it.

every choice you make has lead you to the point in your life you are now in .  A few months ago I had an infection in my hand. I had made an appointment for Monday to have it looked at. But on Sunday it was swollen and painful. My wife was out doing something I had the kids.  So I had taken them with me to the emergency room. While there the Doctor sprayed it with topical numbing agent of some sort . then cut into it and cleaned it and removed the infected tissue from around it . My head was spinning from the pain of having my hand cut up. when he finished I put my elbows on my knees my head between my hands and I thought where  am I, then who am I . I had a total brain reboot. I did not have a clue. then I remembered the kids were in the waiting area. I thought I have to get the kids home. then I thought wow I have kids! then the thought I have a home ! wow I am one lucky guy. the memory of who what where slowly came back to me . I thought how great my life really is.

If I had not gotten my HIV diagnosis  when I did. I would not have met my wife and the kids would not be part of my life  Then I would have never had the privilege and honor to have raised them into  teenagers .  the other things in my life that at the time they were happening as bad as they may have seemed have influenced the person I am today. maybe not the best person but a grateful and happy for the most part type of person I would like to think of myself   . HIV be damned . I have lived and have so much to show for it . with luck there might be so much more life left to live .

sorry if this is not the type of stuff people may be looking for I just wanted to share an uplifting experience as pain full as it was that made me realize just how lucky I am.

if I already wrote about this sorry for repeating myself  must be a sign of my mental illness. build a bridge. 

thank you for having this place to share a thought

and all the best to you

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.