Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:46:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 600
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: You Tube?  (Read 14329 times)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
You Tube?
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:55:35 pm »
It appears to me that "Off Topic" is rapidly becoming a subsidiary of You Tube Inc.  Unfortunately, many of us don't have anything more affordable than dial up, and consequently, don't have the number of hours in the day to download all these interesting and mysterious downloads.  Because of that, I am making a request that some of you who are blessed with the talents of writing, please think up some interesting posts and return to the keyboard to keep us entertained. 

I know this is a very primative request from a very old man, but please remember there are many here who would love to indulge in your You Tube links, but also have a life that needs attending to also.  This is the reason I almost never participate in threads that some of my very good friends here donate, but lead off with a five minute download that takes my very upscale computer about an hour to download.

OK, 'nuff said, let's see what comes of this sideways request.

Love,
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline MSPspud

• Joined Mar 2005 - Formerly UofMurbs
Re: You Tube?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:13:55 pm »
OK, I don't have the dial up issue, but the You Tube crap does get annoying.  Some of the links remind me of show tunes at Sunday beer bust.  I know I should share more of myself on here but sometimes I just have enough time to read and bitch a little.  Thanks for bringing this up, Moffie  :)

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 07:44:30 pm »
And Yet the fucking YT oooooooooooooooooooozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzes on and on and on and on and on and on. 

When someone posts somethig here that DOES NOT CONNECT WITH You Tube, please place it in the title, otherwise many of us will quit... in total frustration.

SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lynn Lavne

Offline mjmel

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 09:37:00 pm »
OMG! Sunday Beer Bust. I hadn't thought of those in years. Oh, they were trashy-fun!

Offline koi1

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 10:26:22 pm »
Dear All,

You don't have to click on the you tube links. Personally, I find the you tube links very entertaining. Have you checked out Aupoint's? How about the butt bong, or the "thank god link"? The "VD is for everybody" link was a riot. Besides, not all of us are literary stars. So guys,  keep the you tube coming.

Rob
diagnosed on 11/20/06 viral load 23,000  cd4 97    8%
01/04/07 six weeks after diagnosis vl 53,000 cd4 cd4 70    6%
Began sustiva truvada 01/04/07
newest labs  drawn on 01/15/07  vl 1,100    cd4 119    7%
Drawn 02/10/07
cd4=160 viral load= 131 percentage= 8%
New labs 3/10/07 (two months on sustiva truvada
cd4 count 292  percentage 14 viral load undetectable

Offline Val

• Praxitèles -- Satyre au repos
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 05:33:32 am »
OK, I don't have the dial up issue, but the You Tube crap does get annoying.  Some of the links remind me of show tunes at Sunday beer bust.  I know I should share more of myself on here but sometimes I just have enough time to read and bitch a little.  Thanks for bringing this up, Moffie  :)

I post on these forums mainly to help other people in any way possible.  I do that through varied ways and subjects with the intention of getting their minds away --- if only for a moment --- from the hardships that living with HIV entails.  One of my main sources is You Tube, though. 

And what best way  "to entertain"  someone than making he/she laugh?  A smile on someone's face is rewarding and encouraging!  It is something worth fighting for.   Usually and whenever I post on the  "Living with" forum, I always  make sure the message I am trying to convey is serious and straight to the point.  I am always trying to help  --- not the other way around.

Now, here we have a perfect example of self-centeredness and selfish behaviour:

1) The slang word used is "crap"
1-Noun - Nonsense, rubbish,  something useless or not good.
2-- An act of defecation
3-- Faeces
Exclam-- An exclamation of disbelief and annoyance
Verb-- To defecate
Adj.-- Rubbishy, of no worth

2)The verb used is "Annoy"
To irritate, make rather angry.

And I would dare only to add  that what "irritates"  someone and is considered "rubbish", could be  someone else's only laugh of the day.  Perhaps?  It is to be hoped so...
This You Tube video, for instance, made me laugh for the whole day.  And it was posted by someone who  I am so proud of that you guys cannot imagine, for he was really sad and guilty just a few months ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljp3VS-kG5Y

Val
___
___
P.S.Thanks, Rob, for the plain-spoken reply.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 05:50:38 am by Val »
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
http://asyoudesireme.online.fr/index.htm
Richard de Chazal
http://www.richarddechazal.com/
Daniel Nassoy
http://www.danielnassoy.com/pages/galeries_portraits_2.html
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:38:43 am »
Hello Tim,

I understand what your writing about. Last year when I had my dial up service, I could shave my face, by the time I was able to watch a "you tube" video. And then watching it was another thing , with all the pauses.

My dial up connection at that time was Earthlink, which cost 19.95 a month. I actually got a bargain, when I got Verizon DSL for 14.95 a month. I guess it's going to stay the same price, as long as I agree to a year at a time. I hesitated and put off getting a high speed connection. I just don't like spending anywhere, where I don't have to !! But in this case I got a deal. I am very careful, how I spend, I got too many other priorities right now to be concerned about.

But I also understand, how difficult it is to afford the connection, especially when there is no bargain in the price. It varies from area to area and the availability in that area.

I guess the"You tube" links will be here to stay, but I do understand the frustration.

Take care----------Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline mjmel

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 07:40:13 am »
J.R.E. makes a good point but DSL was not even available around my area until year before last--we were stuck with dail-up since we are located on a rural route.
I can not help but see both sides of this commentary. I feel You Tubes and Blogs* are entertaining but in a way they reduce the quality of posts, at times. I simply don't click on 'em when I don't feel like seeing another You Tube video.

*Except for Lwoods and Benj--cuz they are producers -N- participants of their blogs. It actually offers dimension & insight of the individual that words cannot.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 08:02:22 am »
I have borrowed/stolen DavidNC's approach (if memory serves me well) when describing his Montreal AMG experience - the buffet approach - and tend to apply it to most situations in life now.

I choose what I want and leave what I don't want.

I only access youtube when I'm back in the UK as my folks have broadband, so I indulge in a few youtube-induced giggles while I'm back here. Whereas in Greece my internet service is powered by gerbils who cant keep up with the likes of youtube et al.

However, when in Greekland, I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything particularly special to be honest. Far from it. As long as I have access to my emails, MSN/Yahoo messenger and this place, I'm a happy enough chickadee.

Besides, I have way too much Greek sunshine to soak up and beautiful walks to go on and emerald green waters to swim in! Just saying. :)

As with anything that doesn't wet my palette on here (or anywhere online for that matter): I just scroll on past.

Just my 2 drachmas worth.

Miss Melia 8)
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 08:25:21 am »
Tim, like me you have been around long enough to know how to separate the wheat from the chaff. Folks have grown up learning how to substitute pictures for words and that my friend is not going to change.

It doesn't take careful discernment to quickly learn when to take the bypass and search for the pearls of wisdom that several members provide through the written word.

However any link provided by my Matty-Poo would be well worth your wait. ;)

Aunty Doxie

Offline koi1

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2007, 11:52:32 am »
To say that there is no merit in you tube clips is absolutely ridiculous. Everyone knows that it is a form of art and expression. It is a way of communication, expression, and entertainment. Of course not all of it is worthy of an Oscar or even a dingoberry award, but who are we to judge? There is room on these boards for everything even rants like this one.

I wish people would stop being overly sensitive about what topics people can post about. This sounds awfully limitingly fascist to me. Everyone has the right to use discretion on what to click. People telling others what links not to post is udderly cowish. No offense to the lovely, long lashed, bovine beauties.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline scotttt

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2007, 11:55:55 am »
Don't get Miss Koi started when she is withdrawling from Ativan! 

Offline Val

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2007, 12:34:02 pm »
Don't get Miss Koi started when she is withdrawling from Ativan! 

Now, that really made me laugh!  Only another guy makes me laugh that much with his replies:  my adorable  "You go, girl!"  ;D ::)  Love you, Al!  ;D ::) :-*

Val
___
___
P.S. Love you too, Rob!
Arthus Bertrand
http://www.yannarthusbertrand.com/yann2/affichage.php?reference=TVDC%20YABFR084&pais=France
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:
The word comes from the Greek words φως phos ("light"), and γραφίς graphis ("stylus", "paintbrush") or γραφή graphê, together meaning "drawing with light" or "representation by means of lines".

Offline scotttt

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2007, 12:46:44 pm »
HEHEHE Val,

Al aka Ihavehope is a riot and a really wonderful person.  Matty TD has had me rolling with laughter so many times and he too is very kind and supportive person.  Aupoint can be pretty fucking funny as well, he can even make gonorrhea a good time.

Lots of people here are funny "haha" and not just "funny strange"
(Slingblade, circa 1990 something).

Scott
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 12:48:22 pm by scotttt »

Offline Val

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2007, 01:08:28 pm »
Spot on, Scotttttttttt!  As long as there is no smart ass kind of put down on anyone,  and no bullying, well,  anything goes on my book.  Really!  I am a funny guy and like to laugh life away.  Especially life with Hiv!  And just for the records, I never reported anyone to the moderators nor have I ever made use of the  "ignore"  button. 

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2007, 01:56:02 pm »
Ihavehope loves you too Scottt a.k.a Scarlet and Val a.k.a Valerie

You ladies are magnificent peeps.  Ms.Koi (except when she eats chocolate and gets a sustiva high, is not on ativan, had a bad day at work, got a traffic ticket or is on her menstrual cycle) is also a great person.  ;D.

I love the sarcasm of Philly, AC, Matty, Aupo, Milker, Catman and Thunter. All the rest of the chicks i forgot to mention i love ya'll too.

Al

(who has a VERY bad memory so please forgive me)

Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline scotttt

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2007, 01:56:21 pm »
Exactly Val.  Sometimes I can be quite the C word, but I am trying not to go on "Asshole Autopilot" as Rob puts it.  I think sometimes I forget that there are people on the receiving end of what I am writing, and when I put that factor into the equation, I try not to be such a prick.

A kinder and gentler Scott is emerging.
 ::)

Al, you have made my day on more than one occasion and you have been a wonderful friend and comfort to Miss Koi, and we know how difficult she can be, but you know I loves her!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:59:45 pm by scotttt »

Offline scotttt

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2007, 06:54:21 pm »
" even a dingoberry award"

What's a dingoberry award?

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2007, 06:56:11 pm »
" even a dingoberry award"

What's a dingoberry award?

I think he meant dingleberry.
Your tastebuds can't repel flavor of this magnitude!

Offline scotttt

« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2007, 06:57:19 pm »

I think he meant dingleberry.

:D

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 07:14:36 pm »
Hmm.

I post my share of YouTube videos, and as has been pointed out... have something of a video blogg-ish thing going on.

Thank you for the compliments, by the by.  They are most appreciated.

Unfortunately, this is... I think... a side-effect of a world in which technology advances exponentially.  Already, people think I'm some sort of freak because I refuse to get a super cool, razor phone that can take pictures and prove Fermat's last theorem all that the same moment... mostly because I have some sort of quaint 20th century notion that a phone should be just that. 

But I digress.

Technology advances, and so do the ways which we amuse ourselves with it.  I did a bit of research, and YouTube is one of the top 10 most popular sites on the Internet.  It grew faster than Myspace... and for right now, it's here to stay.  It's easy to use and damn fun.

But I respectfully submit that asking the YouTube clips to stop will work as well as merely asking people to stop talking on cell phones while driving.  They won't.

Asking them to post something more than YouTube clips is completely and totally reasonable... which perhaps is why I wouldn't hold my breath for it to come to pass... for the simple reason that it's reasonable. 

Some threads and topics revolve entirely around those damn clips... it's the tyranny of the majority with a new and useful toy, I suppose. 

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 07:15:51 pm »
I don't understand the fuss here.  If you're on dial up and you see a youtube link WHY CLICK ON IT if you know it will take hours to load?
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 07:53:22 pm »
OK, OK, guys,   easy Koi,,,,,

Listen, this was a post made in total frustration, due to my very limited exposure to this forum.  Only recently have I started to enjoy, or partake of this forum, as my time is so very sparse for this medium.  I do have a lock on  a $9.95 dial up server, so that is where I will stay.  Broadband is now available here and it is a very cheap $69 a month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shit, at that price, it will pay for my property insurance and my property taxes for the year. 

It all comes down to a matter of choice, but this phenom has taken over so quickly, that I miss the use of words, and shun the use of video to express ourselves.  After all, the art of communication encompasses many forms, but using the keyboard with creativity and with penash, is becoming a lost art very quickly.  Hell, all one has to do is watch an hour of CNN to come away with a shaking head and a wonderment about our future with written or spoken communication.

This was just a rant of mine, and I know that there are loads of very talented writers and thinkers here, so I will continue to circumnavigate the Tubeish ones and look for those with the fine use of the written word.

Love,  ( and I really mean that!)

Lynn Lavne

ImADope

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 11:54:51 pm »
The issue about youtube is no video can be longer than 10 minutes or 100 megabytes, whichever comes first.  Please don't ask our intellectually taxed viewers to handle more than 10 minutes at a time.  A new length for a sound bite, like when they resolved the IP6 scheme and saved the Internet!   

"Later on we're going to take an in-depth look at schizophrenia, from 9:20 to 9:23, and after that what else but euthanasia?!"

Klaatu

Offline thunter34

• His name is Carl.
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 11:57:21 pm »
The issue about youtube is no video can be longer than 10 minutes or 100 megabytes, whichever comes first.  Please don't ask our intellectually taxed viewers to handle more than 10 minutes at a time.  A new length for a sound bite, like when they resolved the IP6 scheme and saved the Internet!   

"Later on we're going to take an in-depth look at schizophrenia, from 9:20 to 9:23, and after that what else but euthanasia?!"

Klaatu

What an odd first post.   Um....huh?
AIDS isn't for sissies.

Offline koi1

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2007, 12:12:35 am »
ImAdope, r u sure u r not on dope? I did not understand one word of your post.
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2007, 12:18:56 am »
that one gets a "wow... just wow" award

Offline koi1

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2007, 12:26:37 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEhExKVfNWg&mode=related&search= 

Another reason not to have sex on the internets.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline Val

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2007, 12:46:53 am »
ImAdope, r u sure u r not on dope? I did not understand one word of your post.

What a funny post, sweetie!  I'm laughing at a very early hour in the morning... ;D  Thank you.

Val
___
___
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

ImADope

« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2007, 01:02:57 am »
What an odd first post.   Um....huh?

Please excuse my English.  It is not my native language. 

Videos on youtube are in the 4 - 10 minute range, the amount of time your average bored person concentrate on another method to pass time before distracted and looking at another short video or moving to something else.  Like channel-surfing with the TV remote youtube isn't often taxing of the intellect.  It seems to encourage a medium for communication that, by default, can take no longer than ten minutes.   Based on years of channel-surfing my honest belief is 10 minutes is much too long but I have ADHD, so never read anything else by or about but Hemingway and his cats.  In English.

Klaatu

Offline aupointillimite

• FUS DO RAH!
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2007, 01:59:19 am »
If I had to toss out a guess as to why YouTube limits the time and size of files you can upload... it would have more to do with servers and the potential for copyright infringements rather and less to do with being a statement on the Western attention span.

Some things are indicative of the zeitgeist... but only in the most boring ways imaginable. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:01:04 am by aupointillimite »

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2007, 03:03:24 am »
I was poised to make a zeitgeist reference, but I was distracted by curly fries.

Some people's sick tastes are worth perusing the youtubezz for. When I am visiting NC with my elderly mom, I am resigned to throttled down dialup. As such, much of the web is simply off limits. This is why I buy the large bottle of rum when I am in NC.  I love mom, don't get me wrong. But You Know How She Is.

Honestly, I get the frustration. And to be fair, the only way to combat the intrusion of video-only commentary is the addition of threads and topics which are not dependent upon links to video sites.

Sadly? Or not sadly? Broadband is the way things are moving. Those with slower connections or slower computers are going to be marginalized more and more. Sooner or later, even this site will be too slow, too complex, to load on dialup. Hell, it's almost there now.

Me, I like the text. I like reading stuff. Sure, I like the occasional video, but as a writer, I am partial to the written.... erm, typed word.

Plus, I dare not make a video blog. People think I am a nutjob as it is :)

*edited because I cannot spell.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

ImADope

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2007, 03:32:50 am »
Me, I like the text. I like reading stuff. Sure, I like the occasional video, but as a writer, I am partial to the written.... erm, typed word.

Do you limit yourself to 10 minutes reading one item before moving to different one?  It would be like Aunt Lotta's Jokes of the John in her washing room.  Five minutes is more than time enough.

If reading is desirable, time enough should be spent in pursuit of this worthwhile endeavours.  Not 10 minutes.  In 3 generations of my times my families are becoming morons of the youths.  They cannot be putting together sentencing.

Happy Chlamydia to all!

Klaatu

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2007, 03:45:01 am »
Ten minutes? Sure, that seems fair. But remember, we are also talking the 20 minutes of time it takes for a broadband-delivered stream to run - with interruptions and junk - to those with dialup.

Frankly, I am way too ADD for that. I give kudos to those with that kinda patience. Me, I can be at the head-end of a healthy nap within ten minutes.... and often am.

*edited for clarity, and because I have a ferret who just pooped in the corner. Video to follow.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Lisa

• Formerly known as sweetieweasel/Joined Nov. 2004
    • http://www.myspace.com/lisanowak58
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2007, 10:46:52 am »
HeHe@Jonathan......I know what you mean. ;) LMFAO
No Fear  No Shame  No Stigma
Happiness is not getting what you want, but wanting what you have.

Offline SASA39

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2007, 06:23:45 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=271Pg1oQGEY
Just for older folks............ ;D  ;D  ;D
Big wave to Moffie and Lisa
                                                      Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline budndallastx

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2007, 06:54:22 am »
Love the clip ... It's a scream !! ;D
Meds since: 11/20/2006
Sustiva / Truvada
12/08/2008 VL:<48 CD4 622 (38%)   
9/8/2008 VL:<48 CD4 573 (30%)
5/2008 VL:<48 CD4 464 (30%)
1/2008  VL: <50  CD4 425(28%)
9/2007   VL: <50  CD4 465 (27%)
6/2007   VL: <50   CD4 443 (26%)
3/2007  VL: <50   CD4 385 (25%)
12/2006 - VL: <50   CD4: 384 (25%)
11/2006 - VL:  22K  CD4: 208 (18%)

Offline SASA39

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2007, 06:57:21 am »
And if my previous reply has irritaded Moffie I`m deepply sorry  :-[  :-[  ;)
                                                                  Al
12. Oct`06.  CD4=58 %  VL not issued
25.Dec.`06.         203     VL= 0
25.Dec`06.- 19.Oct`16 :
various ups & downs- mostly ups - from 58-916 and back in #CD and few blips in VL.
19.Oct`16     CD4=644      VL=0

Offline koi1

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2007, 09:43:16 am »
Hilarious,

I love her.

rob
Drawn 02/10/07

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2007, 01:33:00 pm »
I am not irritated Al, but I don't have time to download any Tube links.  Just tooo much on the plate to take that kind of time..  It now takes about 30 minutes for me to download any of these links, due to my dial up connection.  My computer is super fast and very advanced, but the connection is the problem.  I also don't intend to change, as is stated above, I would rather spend my money on other things than anything connected with most high tech devices.  Hell, I just got my first cell phone in January because here in the United States, pay phones are more and more rare, and with my traveling around Arizona, and with the didtances between help so very far; I now carry a phone when I leave the house.  The deserts of Arizona are not too forgiving in the Summer time, so I don't fancy getting stranded out in the middle of nowhere. 

I hate cell phones, mostly because they are so very public.

Love,
Lynn Lavne

ImADope

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2007, 04:00:27 pm »
Moffie65, even with the faster speeds to Internet youtube is mostly waste of time.  There are too many videos added every day to keep up to track, and searching can be big, big wastes of time.  There is too a matter that videos are unworth time as to videos worth time but no easy mode to tell.

Some of the youtubes are funny but is long expense of my time to locate them?  I like some of videos seen given by friends to make watch but some fiends are different taste and not mine.

Klaatu

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2007, 04:35:29 pm »
No, I've found it horribly useful.  How else can find a 4-part documentary on Billy MacKenzie that was only aired 10 years ago in the UK?  Or the "Pubic Pants" 2004 runway show from Dolce & Gabanna so that I can see Noah Mills tufts peeking out?  And the 70's and early 80's music videos are worth it alone... *sigh* -- all the divine imagery of Steve Strange in his Visage project!

The possibilities are limitless if you know how to use Youtube.

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2007, 05:08:49 pm »
sorry Moffie,but I couldnt resist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGwsNEPie_8

Offline Val

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2007, 05:33:13 pm »
No, I've found it horribly useful.  How else can find a 4-part documentary on Billy MacKenzie that was only aired 10 years ago in the UK?  Or the "Pubic Pants" 2004 runway show from Dolce & Gabanna so that I can see Noah Mills tufts peeking out?  And the 70's and early 80's music videos are worth it alone... *sigh* -- all the divine imagery of Steve Strange in his Visage project!

The possibilities are limitless if you know how to use Youtube.

Note that for now we've only been talking about You Tube which,  just like David said, is precious.  Now, there is something else called  X-Tube!  It is my opinion that this site (X-Tube) is worthless --- for people who don't enjoy sex that is! :o

Val
___
___
P.S. Jack, that was awesome!  I think that in a week I'll have to deal with the Scots!  I mean, the accent... :-\
Arthus Bertrand
Ali Mahdavi
Richard de Chazal
Daniel Nassoy
Photography:

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2007, 05:40:13 pm »
I'd rather download full length porn from torrent sites.

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2007, 02:05:41 pm »
the youtube is not limited to 10 mins if you have a director account there like I do  ;D but I've never exceeded the commoners limit.

I find youtube a good tool for blogging, but also at the same time limiting.  I can't convey sometimes what I want to in video that can only be done in text. 

While youtube is the latest fad dejour, and here to stay, it will not totally supplant text.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2007, 04:25:56 pm »
Has anyone had problems with trying to add clips to your "favorites" folder and they don't show up?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 04:44:16 pm »
Has anyone had problems with trying to add clips to your "favorites" folder and they don't show up?

I always have to click it twice as it never registers the first time. :(

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Lwood

• Here's Lookin At You....
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2007, 05:16:38 pm »
I second the Dingo....
 there are alot of things on YouTube that go way past the 10 minute limit, its just a matter of getting the proper acccount set up. However 10 minutes is just about my limit for watching some random weiner spout off into a webcam, although if spouting weiners is your bag, XTube is the way to go.
"Fortunately, I Keep My T Cells Numbered For Just Such An Emergency"
  -Either Foghorn Leghorn or Johnny Cash

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.