Bienvenido(a), Visitante. Por favor, ingresa o regístrate.
Abril 27, 2024, 05:21:30 am

Ingresar con nombre de usuario, contraseña y duración de la sesión

Usuarios
  • Total de Usuarios: 37654
  • Latest: Horse777
Stats
  • Total de Mensajes: 773294
  • Total de Temas: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (Junio 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Usuarios en Línea
Users: 0
Guests: 585
Total: 585

Bienvenido

Bienvenido a los Foros Comunitarios de POZ, un área de discusión contínua para personas con VIH/SIDA, sus amigos/familiares/personas que los cuidan, y otros a quienes les interese el tema del VIH/SIDA. Haz clic en los enlaces que siguen para visitar nuestros foros, o participa de la conversación al inscribirte en el sector izquierdo de esta página.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here(Members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí(Sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Advertencia sobre la privacidad: Ten en cuenta que estos foros están abiertos para todos y que se los puede encontrar haciendo búsquedas en Google u otros buscadores. Si eres VIH positivo y lo revelas en nuestros foros, es lo mismo que decírselo al mundo entero (o al menos al mundo entero en Internet). Si esto te preocupa, no uses un nombre de usuario o una imagen gráfica que pueda identificarte de alguna manera. No autorizamos borrar nada de los que escribas en los foros, por lo tanto piensa antes de hacerlo.

• La información que los moderadores y miembros comparten en estos foros, está diseñada para complementar, y no para reemplazar la relación entre un individuo y su médico de cabecera.

• Todos los miembros de estos foros, en consecuencia, no son considerados proveedores médicos con licencia. De lo contrario, los usuarios deben identificarse a sí mismos como tales.

• Los miembros de los foros siempre deben comportarse con respeto y honestidad. La publicación de guías, incluyendo políticas de suspensiones y prohibiciones han sido establecidas por los moderadores de estos foros. Haga clic aquí para las guías de publicación de “¿Estoy infectado?” Haga clic aquí para leer las guías de publicación relacionadas con todos los otros foros comunitarios de POZ.

• Solicitamos a todos los miembros de los foros que proporcionen referencias sobre la información relacionada con la salud/médica/científica que brinden, cuando no se trate de una experiencia personal que estén compartiendo. Por favor proporcionen enlaces con direcciones de Internet completas o citas completas de trabajos publicados que no estén disponibles en Internet. Además, todos los miembros de los foros deben publicar información que sea verdadera y correcta de acuerdo con su conocimiento.

• Los anuncios de productos – incluyendo enlaces, banderas, contenido editorial y estudios clínicos, estudios o participación en encuestas – está estrictamente prohibido por los miembros de los foros a menos que POZ haya asegurado el permiso.

¿Has terminado de leer esta parte? Puedes cerrar esta o cualquier otra ventana en esta página haciendo click en el símbolo de cada ventana.

Autor Tema: Trouble sleeping with Dovato  (Leído 6179 veces)

Desconectado Posbf

Trouble sleeping with Dovato
« en: Julio 08, 2023, 02:10:15 am »
My boyfriend switched to Dovato more than a week ago and has been having trouble sleeping. He takes it early in the morning at 5am. I’ve read that for some people whose sleep is affected, the side effect goes away after a period of time. Has anyone experienced trouble sleeping on Dovato? Any suggestion or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Trouble sleeping with Dovato
« Respuesta #1 en: Julio 08, 2023, 02:58:12 am »
I’ve read that for some people whose sleep is affected, the side effect goes away after a period of time.

Yes.

Dovato contains Dolutegravir, and it has been known to cause sleep issues in some people, this settles after a while for most, and some feel taking the meds in the mornings helps, but your BF already is taking it in the am.

I find Dolutegravir excellent, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. It could also be he is generally settling into the new treatment, and adjusting after getting off his previous combination, meaning things could settle after a few weeks/months.

Your BF should keep their doctor posted as it might also be unrelated to the treatment sleep issues.

https://www.aidsmap.com/news/aug-2017/taking-dolutegravir-morning-may-avert-insomnia

Why the switch to Dovato? Was his previous HIV treatment not working or causing issues? 
« última modificación: Julio 08, 2023, 03:02:58 am por Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Desconectado Posbf

« Respuesta #2 en: Julio 08, 2023, 03:17:34 am »
The doctor recommended the switch because he had been very adherent to the previous regime and had been undetectable for some years, so he thinks it’s time to cut over to a simpler two drug regime.

Desconectado leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Respuesta #3 en: Julio 08, 2023, 06:58:52 am »
As it's only been a week, your partner probably needs to give it another few weeks to adjust to this medication. If, say in a month, he's still having this issue, make sure your partner talks to the doctor about this side effect. There's always the option of going back to his previous regimen.

As I mentioned in your other post, this seemed like a situation where if it wasn't broke, don't fix it. Adherent and UD for years seems like the best reasons to NOT change meds.

I understand that it's a bit too late for all these questions since the change has been made; but in the future when considering a med change, these are questions the doctor needs to answer for your partner first:

Did the doctor explain how this new regimen was "simpler"? How many pills was your partner taking in his previous regimen? Was the pill count less? Did it cost less? If your partner wasn't having negative side effects (including basic results like higher BP or cholesterol), what was the positive effect of switching meds supposed to be?

leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Desconectado Posbf

« Respuesta #4 en: Julio 08, 2023, 11:17:31 am »
He used to be on Raltegravir/Emtricitabine/Tenofovir Alafenamide and had to take it once in the morning and once in the evening. The current medication is simpler in that it comprises only two drugs and thus will lead to fewer side effects in the long run and it only needs to be taken once in the morning.

Desconectado Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Respuesta #5 en: Julio 08, 2023, 12:21:59 pm »
I agree it's easier with once a day dosing, although, can't agree with side effects comment. Fewer drugs doesn't automatically equal an individual will have fewer side effects short or long term.

Anyhow, hopefully things will settle with the new treatment after a few weeks, if not there are other treatment options to try.
« última modificación: Julio 08, 2023, 12:24:18 pm por Jim Allen »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.