Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 01, 2024, 03:22:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773365
  • Total Topics: 66357
  • Online Today: 261
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 183
Total: 184

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Paranoid?
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 12:05:50 pm »
Yeah, not an HIV risk to you.

You're welcome.

« Last post by onlinehomo on Today at 11:58:09 am »
Hi Jim, I guess I was just worried about him sticking his fingers in my mouth because they had my semen and any possible rectal fluid since he fingered himself. Thank you for clearing this doubt. I appreciate it!
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 11:35:24 am »
Dear onlinehomo,

I read your post three times; Kissing, sucking fingers, semen on fingers, fingering and you received a blowjob.

Receiving a blowjob lacks the conditions required for acquiring HIV; thus, it makes sense that after 40+ years of this pandemic in terms of BJs, there hasn't been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked"), and you will not be the worlds first. The same can be said about fingering, kissing and licking his fingers, it's not an HIV risk to you.

The shaving nick on your testicles makes no difference either (lack of route and viable exposure)

HIV positive but undetectable

Who knows, however, even if his viral load wasn't suppressed and in the millions, it changes nothing, these activities are not an HIV risk to you.

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Talk to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV and getting vaccinated against HPV, Hepatitis A & B.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.

Do I Have HIV? / Paranoid?
« Last post by onlinehomo on Today at 10:56:15 am »
Last night I received unprotected oral sex from a guy who is HIV positive but undetectable. I had a very small cut on my testicle from shaving and he might have licked over it. He didn’t seem to have any sores in his mouth or bleeding gums. I finished on his back and he rubbed and fingered his anus with my semen. When we were kissing afterwards, he put his fingers (which had my semen on them) in my mouth. I know this is dumb but I just want reassurance, am I at risk for exposure?
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Risk semen penis contact
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 10:00:19 am »
The virus is very fragile and does not survive once outside the confines of the body.
Not on any surface period, and masturbation is not risk
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Door knob situaiton
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 09:57:38 am »
Hiya.

Please read this: https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=68441.0

Sperm saliva blood etc.

Saliva doesn't contain viable HIV, and it is hostile towards HIV. As for contact with other fluids, it's not an HIV risk when touching a door knop due to various barriers, to name one HIV is fragile and corrodes outside the confines of the human body leaving it unable to infect.

So you had no HIV risk and nobody has ever acquired HIV the way you fear.

In brief, your adult HIV risks are:

* Sex; Condomless intercourse & a minute (theoretical) HIV risk if you give a blowjob.
* Sharing drugs rigs (Syringes)
* Blood products/ transfusions (Rare nowadays in most nations thanks to screening)

Here's what you need to know to reduce your HIV risks:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse correctly and consistently, with no exceptions. Talk to your healthcare provider about PrEP as an additional layer of protection against HIV and getting vaccinated against HPV, Hepatitis A & B.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices described as safe in terms of acquiring HIV still pose a risk for other easier-acquired STIs. So please do get tested at least yearly for STIs, including but not limited to HIV, and more frequently if condomless intercourse occurs.

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms; testing is the only way to know.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post, which will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread, and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be removed.
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Risk semen penis contact
« Last post by Jim Allen on Today at 09:36:46 am »
Hiya.

Your new posts were removed because as a member of the "Do I have HIV" Forum, you are required to only post in your original thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter.

Please note that you have already used up your three free posts and can't reply without a subscription. https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=45006.0

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=220.0

Please do not start a new thread every time you have another question or thought - regardless if you think your questions are related to each other or not. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion.
Do I Have HIV? / Re: Door knob situaiton
« Last post by Yobobo06 on Today at 08:25:06 am »
 I used a public wc. I entered and door nob was wet. I didnt see blood etc. Then i touched my penis to urinate with my wet hand. My penis was a little bit sore and little wounds because of masturbating too much. Will this possess a risk for hiv. Because in door knob anything it can be in wet form. Sperm saliva blood etc. Thank you
Grindr getting sued again.

https://www.poz.com/article/grindr-sued-uk-allegedly-sharing-users-hiv-status-private-info

A lawsuit filed in London’s High Court alleges that gay dating app Grindr shared users’ personal information, including HIV status and date of most recent HIV test, The Guardian reports. According to the lawsuit filed by the firm Austen Hays, Grindr shared the private data with two advertising companies without users’ consent.

About 670 people in the United Kingdom signed on to the data protection lawsuit, but thousands more may join the case. The alleged breaches of personal data took place between April 2018 and April 2020.

In a statement published in Reuters, a Grindr spokesperson said, “Grindr has never shared user-reported health information for ‘commercial purposes’ and has never monetized such information.”

Do I Have HIV? / Re: Is it possible?
« Last post by Jim Allen on Yesterday at 09:32:02 pm »
The activities you posted here aren't an HIV risk to you, zero HIV risk and that's 100% already, not going to pretend otherwise.

Move on with your life.

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.