Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:35:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773295
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 680
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Foreigners getting HIV treatment in Thailand  (Read 11183 times)

Offline sfguys

Foreigners getting HIV treatment in Thailand
« on: July 21, 2023, 04:39:58 am »
For anyone who are looking for HIV treatment in Bangkok, I want to share some of my experiences. Before I came to Bangkok, I have gotten so much information from this forum and I really appreciate all the information people have provided.

About 9 years ago when I first got positive, I came to Thailand for blood testing and getting ARVs for one year. At that time, I went to Bumrungrad hospital to see a doctor and buy med in Anonymous clinic. But I feel Bumrungrad is a big hospital and seems to me too big to navigate. Before you can see a doctor, you have to go through a long process and waiting. For me, I just need to get blood testing done and buy meds. So some social worker  recommended three private clinics to me: pulse, glove, pribta. I contacted three clinic by email and Pulse didn’t respond so I only have two to choose from before I landed in Bangkok.

B/w Glove and Pribta, Glove lists its doctors on its website and I can make appointment with the doctor directly. In contrast, I can only make appointment with Pribta by type of service so I  make a general consultation appointment with it.

My experience with Glove was excellent. It was very fast to see the experienced HIV doctor. He was friendly and knowledgable and understand what I need. I asked to do all blood testings I can think of, CD4, VL, STI, liver panel, etc. I also received some HPV vaccines. The testing results could be sent by email. We talked about new medicine I can get in Thailand. I was on Odefsey before but it is not available in its original form in Thailand so he suggested Tivicay. In about one hour, I finished all the work and walked out of the clinic with my ARVs supply.

Even though I already got everything done, I still decided to visit Pribta the next day since I want to see the difference. Pribta is obviously a much bigger clinic. It is located in a high-end office building. For my consultation, I got to see a staff, not a HIV-specialized doctor. We talked about how I can get treatment in Pribta. I feel if I get treated in Pribta, it will also be o.k. too. People are friendly and not judging at all.I compared the price of the same med in Pribta and in Glove, The meds in Pribta is a little bit cheaper. But I don’t regret I got med in Glove since I feel I got good care from it.

So for anyone who is looking for getting HIV treatment in Bangkok, I think it is relatively easy as long as you can visit Thailand. I also asked if it is possible to mail the med to another country. The clinic doesn’t do it. But they said they know somebody asked some local people to pick up the meds from the clinic and mail it to another country. If anyone knows whoever can do that in Bangkok, I would really appreciate it. During COVID-9 pandemic, I wasn’t able to travel internationally and it was very difficult to get meds from overseas. 

Offline BKKKevin

Re: Foreigners getting HIV treatment in Thailand
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2023, 11:03:53 am »
Great overview!... Im in need of a primary care physician in Bangkok...

Do you get your meds through any of these places or do you get a prescription from them and go to the Red Cross...

How do the prices compare?
Do these clinics post drug prices like the Red Cross?
https://th.trcarc.org/medical-service/

Offline daveR

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2023, 04:41:42 pm »
Thanks for taking the time to share.

Offline sfguys

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2023, 09:16:41 pm »
Both clinics sell meds. so you don't have to go anywhere else. Do keep in mind that the prices could be different. The doc I met in Glove specializes in HIV so if you are looking for a primary HIV doctor, you can talk to him. The one I talked to in Pribta is a staff, I believe. I  didn't go further to try to talk to a HIV-specialized doc there.

Great overview!... Im in need of a primary care physician in Bangkok...

Do you get your meds through any of these places or do you get a prescription from them and go to the Red Cross...

How do the prices compare?
Do these clinics post drug prices like the Red Cross?
https://th.trcarc.org/medical-service/

Offline curiousfortruth

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2023, 07:23:56 pm »
Thanks for sharing this!  Do they allow you to buy as much medicine as you like?  What was the cost?

For anyone who are looking for HIV treatment in Bangkok, I want to share some of my experiences. Before I came to Bangkok, I have gotten so much information from this forum and I really appreciate all the information people have provided.

About 9 years ago when I first got positive, I came to Thailand for blood testing and getting ARVs for one year. At that time, I went to Bumrungrad hospital to see a doctor and buy med in Anonymous clinic. But I feel Bumrungrad is a big hospital and seems to me too big to navigate. Before you can see a doctor, you have to go through a long process and waiting. For me, I just need to get blood testing done and buy meds. So some social worker  recommended three private clinics to me: pulse, glove, pribta. I contacted three clinic by email and Pulse didn’t respond so I only have two to choose from before I landed in Bangkok.

B/w Glove and Pribta, Glove lists its doctors on its website and I can make appointment with the doctor directly. In contrast, I can only make appointment with Pribta by type of service so I  make a general consultation appointment with it.

My experience with Glove was excellent. It was very fast to see the experienced HIV doctor. He was friendly and knowledgable and understand what I need. I asked to do all blood testings I can think of, CD4, VL, STI, liver panel, etc. I also received some HPV vaccines. The testing results could be sent by email. We talked about new medicine I can get in Thailand. I was on Odefsey before but it is not available in its original form in Thailand so he suggested Tivicay. In about one hour, I finished all the work and walked out of the clinic with my ARVs supply.

Even though I already got everything done, I still decided to visit Pribta the next day since I want to see the difference. Pribta is obviously a much bigger clinic. It is located in a high-end office building. For my consultation, I got to see a staff, not a HIV-specialized doctor. We talked about how I can get treatment in Pribta. I feel if I get treated in Pribta, it will also be o.k. too. People are friendly and not judging at all.I compared the price of the same med in Pribta and in Glove, The meds in Pribta is a little bit cheaper. But I don’t regret I got med in Glove since I feel I got good care from it.

So for anyone who is looking for getting HIV treatment in Bangkok, I think it is relatively easy as long as you can visit Thailand. I also asked if it is possible to mail the med to another country. The clinic doesn’t do it. But they said they know somebody asked some local people to pick up the meds from the clinic and mail it to another country. If anyone knows whoever can do that in Bangkok, I would really appreciate it. During COVID-9 pandemic, I wasn’t able to travel internationally and it was very difficult to get meds from overseas. 

Offline ilovemonday

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2023, 05:50:14 am »
I ve been in Pulse for months but i am considering to move to other clinic bsc thr pills is very expensive in Pulse. Went to Pribta for cosultation and last time I met doctor who is also working in Glove. This post really helps. Thanks

Offline joemutt

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2023, 06:15:37 am »
I see that doctor in a big hospital and buy my meds at Red Cross Clinic; I have tried the private clinics that you mention and they shipped my meds during covid but the
hospital + red cross works out the cheapest and the most efficient for me.

Offline BKKKevin

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2023, 08:12:56 pm »
I see that doctor in a big hospital and buy my meds at Red Cross Clinic; I have tried the private clinics that you mention and they shipped my meds during covid but the
hospital + red cross works out the cheapest and the most efficient for me.
Can you give the hospital and doctor name you go to?
Does the Red Cross mail/ship meds?... I'll be in Chiang Mai...

Offline joemutt

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2023, 02:23:31 am »
Can you give the hospital and doctor name you go to?
Does the Red Cross mail/ship meds?... I'll be in Chiang Mai...

His name is Dr Krirk Asavametha: he sees patients in different places: Glove, BNH, probably still in Bangkok Hospital and Samitivej as well (check first pls).

Anonymous Clinic at Red Cross does not ship/mail medicine since April 2021 (my last info).
In Chiangmai you can go to Nakornping Hospital, Mae Rim. It's out of town but it worked out best for me, price, friendliness and service-wise.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2023, 02:38:48 am by joemutt »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.