Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:53:47 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772945
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 377
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 339
Total: 341

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: mutual masturbation paranoia  (Read 37751 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: mutual masturbation paranoia
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 04:59:04 pm »
Haven't you read any of the advise anyone has given you?..you have come back with the same questions..it's time you started listening and educating yourself on how HIV is and isn't transmitted...if you come back with the same questions you will get a 28 TO...please consider yourself warned.

Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
anxiety over blood analysis
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2009, 06:30:04 am »
Hi
I have not been on your wonderful site for some time due to some absolutely great counselling I've been receiving.
However, I've become extremely anxious today and wanted some reassurance that my mind is simply playing tricks.
Context is that I've had a very bad cold/flu and cough on and off since Dec.
This has included throat ulcers and bad sweats plus general fatigue.
I had some blood analysis done today and the results suggest significan gut immune activation and inflammation.
I have only had two "potentially risky" encounters since December. Both were cases of mutual masturbation and kissing with call girls. Nothing more. I did insert fingers into vaginas but nothing more.
Why would the gut be so activated? Why are my immune systems so weakened?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2009, 07:45:16 am »
You've been asked before not to start new threads. I've merged your latest with your previous one. Use only this thread for entries. Thank you.

Once again you are worrying needlessly as far as HIV is concerned. You've been here often enough to know that the only confirmed sexual risks for HIV transmission are unprotected vaginal and anal intercourse. Nothing you are reporting in your latest entry put you at risk for HIV.

We can't diagnose here. You should be discussing your concerns with your doctor.

Like your previous concerns, this latest one is not an HIV situation.
Andy Velez

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
anal fingering
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2010, 08:21:42 am »
hi
i have lapsed sadly and wanted some reassurance
i went for a massage and ended up fingering internally the anus of the masseuse
does this pose a risk?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2010, 09:00:22 am »
Same old same old. You've already been told what is and is not a risk for HIV transmission. Neither fingering nor being fingered are risks for HIV.

You need to remember what has been told to you before so that you don't come running here anxiously everytime you have a sexual experience.

If you come back with more of the same you are going to find yourself getting a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2010, 09:34:17 am »
tw,

You've been coming here for four years - FOUR - and you still don't know the answer to your question? When are you going to learn to think for yourself and apply what you've learned here to your life?

Don't bother coming back for more - you're long overdue for a time out. In fact, you should be on a permanent ban by now.

Grow up and get yourself into some psychological therapy for your very obvious hiv phobia. We cannot help you any further here.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2010, 06:20:28 am »
Ann, Andy
I am sorry if i have irritated you but as you might see from earlier posts i have been in counselling for some time and have not posted for over a year. I have been trying to deal with my sexual urges and why i put myself in these ridiculous states of paranoia. I suppose there is an inherent illogic to hiv anxiety which i see in others who post - namely, how can you just catch hiv from insertive oral/anal sex and not via any other means. Yet, other viruses spread so much more easily. I am not trying to excuse the fact i am being stupid by continually asking if i can get hiv from putting a finger in a girl's bum but i think as brilliantly trained and highly experienced guides in this world you should understand the psychosis people go through. As for me, i am back talking to my counsellor and will repeat 100 times i can't get hiv from fingering a girl's bum or vagina or from unprotected oral sex!
best wishes for all the work you do

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
desperate anxiety
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2011, 04:42:42 pm »
Team
I have - as you can see - been off this site for some time.
For the last year I have been extremely well and healthy
However, since December I have been ill with repeated flu, bronchitis and tonsilitiis as well as night sweats - the works
I went for bloods today and was told my iron was low as were my lymphocytes...
I then panicked in a way I have avoided for over a year...
My last HIV test was on March 7th and was the 28 day test - it came back negative
My last low-risk exposure was on Feb 14th - mutual masturbation from a tantric massage
My question is not whether I might have exposed myself (as I am sure Andy will draw a gun to my head on that one) but whether psychologically to get complete closure I should have another test to close off the 7 day gap between 7th March and Feb 14th. How reliable is the 28 days test at 21 days?
I am sorry to post - my life has been so much happier without the paranoia of previous years - but I needed to find an outlet to share,
thanks so much

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2011, 05:05:20 pm »
Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
« Reply #59 on: March 22, 2011, 05:28:04 pm »
Sorry, perhaps I wasn't being clear.

My question is quite specific - how reliable is the duo 28 day test AFTER 21 days.

In relation to the no risk scenario, I quite agree it is a waste of time and resource - hence, me not posting for some time and not doing so again after this evening.

thanks for your understanding,

G

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2011, 06:19:51 pm »
When you test is totally irrelevant since again you haven't had a risk.

If you had a real risk such as unprotected intercourse then it's necessary to test at 13 weeks.

It's very clear that you actually know you're just indulging in some compulsive behavior here about another non-risk.  We're not going to indulge you in another back and for about this kind of thing.

If you come back again about this you are very quickly going to find yourself getting a Time Out. Consider yourself warned.  
Andy Velez

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
long hard road and a lapse - question
« Reply #61 on: May 01, 2014, 01:30:12 pm »
chaps

i have not been on here for 3 years. It has been a long journey of great therapy and OCD treatment but for whatever reason i lapsed. And boy has it me hard. I have had the worst 3 weeks of my life.

I french kissed (yes there were tongues) a canadian asian woman. She had been tested for HIV1/2/p24 on april 10th (and was negative) but had one sexual encounter within the previous 28 days. In other words, the test didn't cover that single sexual event. Of course, she told me she used condoms and of course, she told me the guy she slept with was safe. But...of course, my OCD triggered and I went into a spiral.

So...here is my question - nothing more , nothing less.

is saliva from kissing more infectious if someone is recently infected and by recent, i mean within 7 days which is the time period between her having sex and me kissing her.
Or is saliva just saliva and not infectious at all? I only ask because i did see a study which claimed that it could be more infectious.

oh and by the way i did not have cuts...that oddly has not been the ocd reaction this time around.

My stomach on the other hand has been a mess...:)

if you can reassure me i will print up the reply, go back to my calming tunes on the ipod and hopefully give generously to aids charities which i did previously when you scolded me.

please reply gently.

thanks and i truly love this site.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #62 on: May 01, 2014, 02:28:21 pm »
tw,

You've been coming here for four years - FOUR - and you still don't know the answer to your question? When are you going to learn to think for yourself and apply what you've learned here to your life?

Don't bother coming back for more - you're long overdue for a time out. In fact, you should be on a permanent ban by now.

Grow up and get yourself into some psychological therapy for your very obvious hiv phobia. We cannot help you any further here.

Ann

You have been thoroughly educated about how HIV is transmitted and given more warnings than any person I have seen in the history of the particular forum .

There is nothing left to tell you that has not been said already so please go see your therapist and discuss this with him ... we cant help you . 

You have also been told repeatedly not to post outside of this thread . Only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits for the subject matter . You can visit your profile and select show own post and it will take you here .

There have been some changes since you were here last and you only get 3 questions and you are way past that already . I urge you to not take out a subscription because it will probably end up in a permanent ban if you do and continue to ask questions .

Please read the welcome thread and posting guidelines and then read this thread again if you are uneasy . I'm wishing you the best and hope you get the help you need we cant provide .
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline twtm2002

• Standard
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2014, 03:35:31 pm »
Jeff - I thought the fact I had not messaged here for nearly 3 years was a sign of total intent at change and as I stated, I have not looked to post or sought reassurance for a very long time. In this instance I was actually asking a specific question about saliva which I really thought would elicit a yes or no answer about whether it is more infectious if the person was recently infected. I guess your answer speaks for itself and that the answer is no. But, truthfully that was all I was asking.
I will not subscribe because I don't need to as I am in long term counselling and have not been on here for some time.
Thank you for you sensitive tone and non-aggressive tone. I appreciate it. We all have issues in our lives and I am sorry mine is HIV OCD and I am sorry for wasting your time.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2014, 04:04:13 pm »
You are not wasting my time and I am sorry you have to live with your mental health condition, wish we could help with that but we cant . You already know what is and is what is not a risk for HIV . To continue to answer your questions is to enable your irrational fears and OCD disorder ... we do not want to harm you in any way so we must be very clear what we can and cant do for you . All the best . Jeff .   
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.