Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:56:22 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 340
Total: 343

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Historic Hacienda's...First LGBT Apartments in Philadelphia...  (Read 4509 times)

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
Historic Hacienda's...First LGBT Apartments in Philadelphia...
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:09 pm »
Saw this notice today.

I am sure these lovely flats will be "mere blocks" from Ms. P's awesome abode.

:) :)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:58:17 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
Re: Historic Hacienda's...First LGBT Apartments in Philadelphia...
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 05:02:17 pm »
1) I'm sure I made a thread about this a year or two ago when it was announced

2) It's not mere blocks away, but could feasibly walk there in 20 minutes -- it's maybe 15 blocks or a mile away directly north; or two subway stops

3) for street view on google maps search for 257 South 13th Street, Philadelphia, PA

4) It's conveniently located around the corner from my HIV clinic, the LGBT community center, and Club Body Center bath house.

5) I would totally move in there if I was older
"I’ve slept with enough men to know that I’m not gay"

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 07:09:03 am »
1) I'm sure I made a thread about this a year or two ago when it was announced

You did, Blanch, you did!

You should probably get on the waiting list - and they probably do have one - as soon as you are eligible.

There are various senior "sheltered housing" places here on the Rock. (Sheltered housing is when you have your own separate apartment or bungalow, but you have means of direct communication with health care staff should something go wrong, and people are looked in on by a community nurse/nurse's aide once a day, once every few days or once a week, depending on need.)

Anyway, there are waiting lists for these places and IIRC, you can sign up once you're over 50 as it can take quite a few years to move up the list. Demand for places is high, but turnover is steady due to the nature of the scheme.
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 08:24:11 am »

Mary, you are older.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 12:51:22 pm »

Anyway, there are waiting lists for these places and IIRC, you can sign up once you're over 50 as it can take quite a few years to move up the list. Demand for places is high, but turnover is steady due to the nature of the scheme.

I should definitely look into this. It would be nice not live in a fourth floor walk up when I have such issues with my feet :) Ah, life with an elevator!

There also this place going up mere blocks away but I would have to tolerate living with heterosexuals and that just wouldn't be fittin'!

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 03:42:15 pm »

There also this place going up mere blocks away but I would have to tolerate living with heterosexuals and that just wouldn't be fittin'!

You should put your name down, just think of the money you could make, Gourmet Meals on Wheels for all those over 50 Hetero's who hate cooking, not to mention the interior decorating you could do, cos you just know all us old Hetero's know that's what you Gays love to do...go for it Miss P you'll have a blast.

Aroha
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »
Now that I have HIV-related arthritis and use a "granny cart" to go to the supermarket they really should immediately approve me to move into this place!

I forgot to mention that the other plus about the location is that all of the meth-zombie male hustlers are a (mere) block away.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »
You'll notice in the advert for the LGBT apartments there is a strapping young man running outside.  Since this is a gayborhood, I wonder if apartment residents will  receive schedules of such select eye candy scenes with their welcome packets (e.g., the sparse top wearing BB joggers come by Monday, Wednesday, Friday at 8:00am).

:D ;D 8) :P  :o :-*  :'(

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 04:29:32 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:52:08 pm »
If only I could convince Wumpella to move in and be my personal chef.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2013, 05:03:25 pm »

Girl, you'll end up being buried in a piano crate.

Offline mitch777

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2013, 05:07:12 pm »
wut? LMAO! :o
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2013, 06:27:25 pm »
Now that I have HIV-related arthritis and use a "granny cart" to go to the supermarket

You're 47? You really will be a sight to behold in 20 years. I suppose you will just forego the cart and have people carry your limp drooling body around.

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2013, 07:06:42 pm »
You're 47? You really will be a sight to behold in 20 years. I suppose you will just forego the cart and have people carry your limp drooling body around.

-W

So speaks that guy that's been on HIV meds for five minutes and already has no kidney function or sperm production, and is incapable of falling asleep without a handful of sleeping pills.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.