Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 09:38:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 589
Total: 591

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Checking in, I'm still alive and kicking!!! (Cat pic's attached)  (Read 4282 times)

Offline Nancy

• No one belongs in jail for a Plant!!!
    • The Human Solution International
Checking in, I'm still alive and kicking!!! (Cat pic's attached)
« on: February 27, 2007, 05:15:31 pm »
Hi All!!

Its raining and I’m avoiding doing a lot of things I’m suppose to be doing, and since I just finally got blood work done this week – you all were on my mind.

I’ve been so busy with my cats lately.  I've actually started showing them and been driving up to the L.A. area once a month for the weekend with a minimum of 3 of them each time.  It’s been a whole new world. 

We leave San Diego around noon on Fridays and check into the hotel on Friday afternoon and spend the night doing last minute stuff for the show (like baths and cutting ALL their nails) and kick back playing and unwinding.  It’s only a 3 hour drive going up, but I’m still a wreck. 

Saturday morning they get me up around 4:30 and we play until it’s time for me to get dressed and we head off to the show hall to set up the cages and get everyone settled in before 8:30.  Since I got so gung-ho about it, it takes a good hour to get their cages all set up and decorated.

Saturday is non-stop until late afternoon, then it’s back to the hotel room.  Eat something in the room with the cats, who are NOW waking up and we play until everyone winds down and they let me start getting things ready to pack the car back up in the morning. 

Sunday is non-stop from 4:30 a.m. until I pull in my driveway around 7:00 p.m..  We repeat the same routine as Saturday at the show hall and then have to break all the cages down, get everything packed and back into the car, and get back on the road!!!

I’ve gotten 8 ribbons on 4 different cats so far, one is now a Champion in only 2 adult shows!!!  2 are still classified kittens, so this isn’t for a title yet for them, just the experience and exposure.  And I managed to sell all of both litters I had last year, minus the ones I was keeping.

I have one last show this weekend before the season is over for this year (April 30th).  But then I have 3 litters of kittens due starting the Mid-March thru Mid-April that will be keeping me too busy to think about shows.  Then I’ve got 3 more females that will be bred later this year (one I just picked up from the Airport Monday night from Kansas).

I have been so wrapped up in these cats and the excitement of showing them and raising them that I rarely even think about the hell I’ve been thru the last couple years.  I’m going to be getting my ass chewed when I make it into see my ID doctor on the 5th, since I’ve sorta forgotten to get my blood work done and make an appointment.  My oncologist was in an auto accident, so they have been backed up there, so I missed my quarterly with them too, so guess I’ll be back on my old schedule again soon.  At least I haven’t missed any meds!!! 

Well that covers what I’ve been up to.  Now that I’ll be home bound for awhile, I’ll try to get better about stopping by.

And Moffie, I saw your post in the other thread.  A lot of the bamboo doesn’t like the 14 – 19 degree temps we had for a couple weeks, so it’s going to be heart breaking when we find out how much we actually lost.

Hope ya’ll have been doing good.

Hugs!!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 09:38:50 pm by Nancy »
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
Re: Checking in, I'm still alive and kicking!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 05:18:37 pm »
It's nice to see you're back, Nancy. Matty will be thrilled!

Brent
(Who is another remergent dinosaur)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Moffie65

• Living POZ since 1983
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 05:27:29 pm »
Thank you my darling sweet precious!

What fun you must be having with all this stuff with the cats.  I am also sorry to hear about the deep freezes, as I do understand what that does to bamboo.  Oh well, let hubby learn how to make beer pitchers and drinking utensils out of the scrap.  Hell, they make tons of money doing that in Japan and China. 

Look foward to more of your communiques in the near future.

Love.
The Bible contains 6 admonishments to homosexuals,
and 362 to heterosexuals.
This doesn't mean that God doesn't love heterosexuals,
It's just that they need more supervision.
Lynn Lavne

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:59:29 pm »
Nancy! :-*

:D

MtD
(Who is indeed thrilled)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 04:40:19 am »
Hi Nancy

It's great to see you back again...and congratulations of all those ribbons, I still remember the photo's you posted of your beautiful cats..but for the life of me i can't remember what kind of cats they are, I know they are a rare breed, or at least I think they are...you will have to enlighten me again.

Don't stay away too long this time...always good to hear from you.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 04:46:56 am »
Always happy to hear of folk still being "alive and kicking"! Especially cat-loving folk! ;)

I missed those photos...link someone please!

Glad life is keeping you happily busy, Nancy. Hope your bloodwork turns out good results.
Meanwhile, keep on keeping on!

Yeia kai hara! (health and happiness)
Melia :)

/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline BB

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 09:41:22 am »
Nancy. Showing cats now, how cool. Sounds like lots of satisfying fun. Do your buddies ever insist upon bringing their friends ( live birds, mice, rabbits, snakes, very big moths, etc. ) into your home? Just wondering.

Bill

« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 08:31:51 pm by BB »
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Nancy

• No one belongs in jail for a Plant!!!
    • The Human Solution International
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 09:26:57 pm »
Annie!!!

They are Bengals...  not so uncommon now, but they are really different.  I started out with those 3 and now I'm up to 10, with 3 litters on the way....  they are addicting!!!

Bucko!

Thanks again

Bill,

No, these guys never get to go hunting.  They are in a kennel or in the house.   ;D  Now my 3 tamed feral cats are a different story.... I get everything from bunnies to birds!!

Melia,

I attached a couple I took today just for you  :-*

Matty,

I'm glad to see your back and kicking.  This place wouldn't be the same without you!!

Moffie,

As always, you make me smile!!!  Hugs to you!!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Deborah Cadigan-Little
Diagnosed Oct 1993
Member since Sept 2002
Meds Dec 2003

Offline AlanBama

• Alabama: the 'other' 3rd World Country!
Re: Checking in, I'm still alive and kicking!!! (Cat pic's attached)
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 10:26:11 pm »
They are beautiful Nancy!

hugs,

Alan  :-*
"Remember my sentimental friend that a heart is not judged by how much you love, but by how much you are loved by others." - The Wizard of Oz

Offline sweetasmeli

• Love what you are...
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 10:33:33 pm »
WOW! I second Alan on that. They are beautiful!

Thanks for posting those, Nancy.

Melia :-*
/\___/\       /\__/\
(=' . '=)    (=' . '=)
(,,,_ ,,,)/   (,,,_ ,,,)/ Cats rule!

The difference between cats and dogs is that dogs come when called, whereas cats take a message and get back to you.

Yeia kai hara (health and happiness) to everyone!

Offline Cat

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 12:36:21 am »
Hi Nancy,

I haven't logged on in a very long time but I'm glad to see you are still here.  I love cat shows and have a black & white persion myself I got from a breeder on the east coast.  I showed another persion I had years ago but it was many years ago and I really didn't know what I was doing.  Somehow I got a ribbon but at the time I think he was the only blue and white kitten showing which is how he got the ribbon.  :)

Take care,

Cat
My twins are 4 1/2 now.  My persion is 2 1/2.
Hubby HIV+ since Oct. 2001

Offline Optimistic

• An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctors Away!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 01:00:11 am »
Hi Nancy,

Very nice to see you posting again and i'm very happy to hear you are doing well.....Enjoy those cats of yours.

Justin
12/06 (Atripla): cd4 - 260; cd% - 33%; vl - 169
1/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 267; cd% - 38.1%; vl - 132
4/07 (Atripla): cd4 - 373; cd% - 33.9%; vl - <50
7/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 287; cd% - 35.8%; vl - <50
9/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 356; cd% - 39.5%; vl - <50
12/07 (Atripla); cd4 - 517

Offline Robert

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 01:05:05 am »
Oh Nancy!!  YOu and the cats are looking sooooo fine!

robert

Offline Lis

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 01:41:46 am »
Nancy!!!! how beautiful to hear from you!!! I miss your wit and wisdom.. and i wish for you to be as happy as your kittys!!!

me... the dumb blond in the room!!!
poz 1986....

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.