Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:50:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 699
Total: 699

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Still Awaiting ADAP Certification in Texas  (Read 5538 times)

Offline BigDaneDogs

• Obviously does NOT like my FB pic.
Still Awaiting ADAP Certification in Texas
« on: May 08, 2011, 12:10:54 am »
I'm hoping against the odds I get into the program before they wait list it in the fall.  It's been a couple of weeks and nothing.  Unfortunately things are NOT getting aby better for me.  I've had to call in a Care Team to help me with my everyday dynamics of living.  This new co-infections seems to have DRAMACTICALLY advanced my AIDS.  It's very scarey for me right now.  For the first time in my life I feel like I am living on borrowed time.  :'(
BigDaneDog because I have two big Danes.
Member since 1993

Offline JR Gabbard

• Union Jacks
Re: Still Awaiting ADAP Certification in Texas
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 04:24:18 pm »
I know it can be tough not knowing, but hang in there.  If you haven't already gotten someone from a local ASO to help with your ADAP application, get someone right away.  They can help track your application and get additional documentation from your doctors if it is needed.

Best wishes!
It goes like this
The fourth, the fifth,
The minor fall, the major lift,
The baffled king composing Hallelujah!

L. Cohen

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 05:19:50 pm »
HEy Big D,

I would think you'll be certified in the next few weeks and definitly by the fall, although I'm not sure how quick Texas ADAP is.

Even if not, What's your CD4? I'm pretty sure the proposed wait list is for people with CD4's above 500. I'll see if I can find the exact verbage.

-Will
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline BigDaneDogs

• Obviously does NOT like my FB pic.
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2011, 09:04:36 pm »
My t cell is 218, at least as of 6 weeks ago, and my VL was 300 or 400K.  My t-cells ahe been dropping about 100 a month and my VL has been going up about 100K a month.  Out side of that, I have a co-infection of HVC (surprise, surprise).  I just don't want to stupid leg to start wait listing the ADAP recpts before I get into the program.  It's hard enough for me as it is at the moment.  I am sick of being the shell of the man I used to be.
BigDaneDog because I have two big Danes.
Member since 1993

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 05:31:12 pm »
Hang in there buddy, you are going to be Ok. Looks like you will be able to get certified under the new guidelines going in effect in Sept. (based on your CD4's).

See my post here http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=37819.msg471890#msg471890 about what the new guidelines will be.

-Will

POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline danitheches

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2011, 10:05:12 am »
My t cell is 218, at least as of 6 weeks ago, and my VL was 300 or 400K.  My t-cells ahe been dropping about 100 a month and my VL has been going up about 100K a month.  Out side of that, I have a co-infection of HVC (surprise, surprise).  I just don't want to stupid leg to start wait listing the ADAP recpts before I get into the program.  It's hard enough for me as it is at the moment.  I am sick of being the shell of the man I used to be.

Why don't you get on PAP's through the drug companies while you are waiting?   That way you can at least get your meds until Texas makes a determination.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.