Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 10:22:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 795
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 589
Total: 589

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Listen To What The Man Said  (Read 2394 times)

Offline Solo_LTSurvivor

• Twerk Baby Twerk
Listen To What The Man Said
« on: February 08, 2012, 07:08:34 pm »
Roland Martin suspended from CNN after homophobic tweets during Super Bowl

Roland Martin shocked viewers when he tweeted that any male fans of David Beckham’s underwear commercial for H&M were not “real bruhs.”

“If a dude at your Super Bowl party is hyped about David Beckham’s H&M underwear ad, smack the shit out of him! #superbowl” he added.

He also made fun of a New England Patriots player earlier in the day who arrived wearing a pink jump suit.

“He needs a visit from #teamwhipdatass” he quipped.

At first, he tried to justify his tweets saying that he was just making fun of soccer. But many people weren’t buying it.

In addition to taking flak from many of his Twitter followers, GLAAD called for Martin to be fired — immediately.

“Based on this history, this doesn’t seem like a playful jab at what Martin considers an inferior sport. It seems like a jab at what Martin considers an inferior community of people.” Last year, Martin defended Tracy Morgan when Morgan said that if his son were gay he would "take out a knife and stab him."

On Monday, Martin issued an apology, saying “it was meant to be a deliberately over-the-top and sarcastic crack about soccer; I do not advocate violence of any kind against anyone gay, or not.”

He added, “As anyone who follows me on Twitter knows, anytime soccer comes up during football season it’s another chance for me to take a playful shot at soccer, nothing more.”

But as the backlash continued to grow, it seemed CNN felt it had to put him on injured reserve.

“Roland Martin’s tweets were regrettable and offensive,” the network said in a statement. “Language that demeans is inconsistent with the values and culture of our organization, and is not tolerated. We have been giving careful consideration to this matter, and Roland will not be appearing on our air for the time being.”

Martin joined the network in February of 2007 and is a key part of the network’s political programming.

He did not address his suspension on his Twitter, but did post a link to a gay beating victim in a video speaking out.

don't equate intelligence with lack of masculinity
Jim Phelps, Mission Impossible

Seroconverted: Early 80s
Tested & confirmed what I already knew: early 90s

Current regimen: Biktarvy. 
Last regimen:  Atripla (with NO adverse side effects: no vivid dreams and NONE of the problems people who can't tolerate this drug may experience: color me lucky ::))
Past regimens
Fun stuff (in the past):  HAV/HBV, crypto, shingles, AIDS, PCP

Jan 2012: 818/21%
Apr 2012: 964/22%
Jul. 2012: 890/21%
Oct. 2012: 920/23%

Still UD after all these years

Offline skeebo1969

Re: Listen To What The Man Said
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:21:50 am »

You could write stupid really big on that forehead.
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:25:45 am »
Not that I want him at my party, but he looks gay.

Oh, I went to H&M the other day and admired the giant posters!
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:46:18 pm »

Another  (  --------- )   SKANK !

Looks like a closet Queen to me  >:(

Weasel  :-*

P.S.  I loved the super BOWL ! 
 P.P.S. I love skin tight pants with family friendly bulges  :o
" Live and let Live "

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 08:45:26 pm »
Public puke peddling poison. >:(

Perhaps personal problem postponement psychosis?  :o

« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 08:49:29 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:20:43 am »
I could see being curious about whom the ad was targeted.  Women to buy for their men?  Gay guys?  A half-nude guy in an ad to target straight men?  Being curious doesn't mean you think it is wrong.  I've always been curious about A&F and how they market clothes for men.  You go in there and they have the techno music thumping and bare-assed, young guys posted on the walls. 

Many years ago when I first shopped there, I was surprised to see a print on the wall with what looked like a 16 year-old showing his naked ass.  I think the poster ad was for jeans, because he didn't have a shirt and there were jeans pulled down past his cheeks.  I thought, "This is what gets straight guys to buy products?"  And, they leave the store with a bag with half-nude guys on it.  I'm glad more and more straight guys are comfortable with their sexuality enough for this to be no big deal.  But, I have known anti-gay guys who shop there with all the half-naked guys on the walls.  It just always seemed strange to me--especially for those anti-gay guys.   

So, it would be one thing to be curious about the targeted audience.  Curiosity is good and not necessarily bad.  He just took it to another level by saying a straight guy should be hit and suggesting it meant they were gay--and that sounded like he was saying that was a bad thing.   

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.