Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 02:38:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 185
Total: 185

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: HIV Exposure with Halfway Slipped Condom??? Please Read  (Read 39211 times)

Offline VaryScared

HIV Exposure with Halfway Slipped Condom??? Please Read
« on: September 15, 2012, 07:26:15 pm »
Hi, I want to thank you in advance for the information you provide us with.  The information is very helpful and sometimes life saving.

This happened 3 weeks and 5 days ago....

I have been in an extreme panic state for the last 3 1/2 weeks.  I was dating a guy and on one night he went down on me.  Then he rubbed his bare penis on my bare outer vagina.  I was wet while he did this.  I am worried because I believe that his precum was rubbing off on my outer vagina area and possibly mixing with my own wetness.  Then after a minute or so, he inserted his fingers in my vagina, and fingered my for about 3 or 4 minutes. We didn't have intercourse because he didn't have a condom.

The next day I went down on him and had protected vaginal intercourse.

My concern is that if he is HIV positive, his precum might have made it into my vagina when he inserted his fingers in it the first night.  I am worried that I am infected because I developed a mild persistent sore throat 12 days after that I still can't seem to shake off, and am totally paranoid and seem to have gotten a rash around my vaginal area.   Every itch or cough I have I think is a symptom and I'm LITERALLY going crazy.  I can't eat, think, or sleep.   :'(

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: EXTREME PANIC - Fingering with Precum, PLEASE HELP
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 08:04:15 pm »
Even if the guy was HIV positive, and had a soaring viral load, you would not be at any risk for HIV transmission in the scenario you present.

The rubbing of his penis against the outer areas of your vagina is called "frottage" and it is considered safer sex. The only danger is that of dipping, when the head actually enters the vagina, as it can easily lead to unprotected sex.

As I red your scenario, you were at zero risk for HIV. Of course, cunnilingus and fingering are in no way an HIV risk.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 08:21:53 pm »
jkinatl2, THANK YOU so much for your quick reply.  You have no idea how you have eased my nerves.  I have been worried sick.

There was no dipping. 

What about the precum in the vagina?  Is that a risk?  It wouldn't have been a lot of precum.  I mean, he didn't collect the precum or touch his finger to his pee hole before inserting it into my vagina. He just touched the area where he his precum was smeared on me before he actually inserted.  So if he was HIV positive, wouldnt that be enough contact with and HIV virus to infect if it was in my vagina?

I tried to get him to test with me, ofcourse after the fact, but he wouldn't, he was actually offended that I asked him.  Which made me worry even more.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2012, 08:46:40 pm »
jkinatl2, THANK YOU so much for your quick reply.  You have no idea how you have eased my nerves.  I have been worried sick.

There was no dipping. 

What about the precum in the vagina?  Is that a risk?  It wouldn't have been a lot of precum.  I mean, he didn't collect the precum or touch his finger to his pee hole before inserting it into my vagina. He just touched the area where he his precum was smeared on me before he actually inserted.  So if he was HIV positive, wouldnt that be enough contact with and HIV virus to infect if it was in my vagina?

I tried to get him to test with me, ofcourse after the fact, but he wouldn't, he was actually offended that I asked him.  Which made me worry even more.

Nope. HIV is too fragile to survive in an aerobic environment for any length of time.  Ironically, you stand a better chance of getting pregnant than infected with HIV through frottage, fingering with pre-cum, and other activities. Sperm are insanely strong.

I am not shocked that your friend was offended. People have real stigma associated with HIV and AIDS. He probably thinks you can look at him and tell. You could use this as a chance to educate someone, if this is a guy you will continue to see. If not, meh.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

Welcome Thread

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2012, 09:00:27 pm »
jkinatl2, you are the reason i wont cry myself to sleep tonight.

also, you made me laugh with your last sentence, which i haven't been able to do in these last few weeks. 

Thanks, honestly.

Offline VaryScared

HIV Exposure with Halfway Slipped Condom??? Please Read
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 11:41:52 am »
Hi,

4 weeks ago a had protected vaginal intercourse with a male.  When he pulled out, I noticed that the condom had slipped halfway down his penis.  It was still on, and I could see the cum at the tip.   He had a pretty small penis, and am worried his semen might have slipped out some!!??  I don't know his HIV status.  :(

I am very worried  because I have had a persistent sore throat for 2 1/2 weeks that comes and goes.  I checked my mouth for thrush, but dont seem to have any.  I checked my oropharynx and seem to have some whiteness on it.

I have also been feeling a bit of stinging and itching "down there".  I don't have vaginal thrush, but do I have a bit of redness.  I don't even know if its a normal color or not anymore because I'm so scared I don't know if im imagining things!  :'(

I have been going through constant panic attacks for the last 3 weeks and am terrified.

Does anyone know if I was at risk??
Does anyone know how soon I can test?  I know they say 3 months, but I've also read that a test as early as 5 or 6 weeks after exposure are pretty conclusive.

Please Help.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: HIV Exposure with Halfway Slipped Condom??? Please Read
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 11:58:50 am »
Scared,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. A slipped condom is not a problem provided it still covered the head of his penis and any cum was inside the condom - which it was. You are worrying unnecessarily.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER ANY THING YOU HAVE BROUGHT TO THIS FORUM, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 12:13:05 pm »
Hi Ann,

Thank you for merging my posts.  I am new to the site and didn't know I had to keep all my posts together. 

The two incidents I posted about happened with the same man on two consecutive different nights.  I was worried about the first night because of the fingering and possible precum but I felt better after jkinatl2 assured me it wasn't a true HIV exposure. 

But since I have had this strange hiv-like syptoms, I am paranoid and was trying to see if what happened the second night might have put me at risk.

Do you think it's possible that there might have been some semen on the shaft?  The area that was exposed when the condom slipped half way down?  and would that have been enough semen to infect if he was HIV positive?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 01:14:24 pm »
As you have already been advised you never had an exposure.

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 02:02:37 pm »
Than you RapidRod,

How soon I can test?  I know they say 3 months, but I've also read that a test as early as 5 or 6 weeks after exposure are pretty conclusive.

I tested at 3 weeks because im paranoid but understand that won't be an accurate test because it's too soon.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 02:07:25 pm »
Scared,

As you did NOT have a risk, you can test at any time for a conclusive result. This means your three week test was conclusive.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 02:26:16 pm »
Thanks to both of you for your time and attention!

Offline VaryScared

Difference Between ARS and Acute HIV Infection and Seroconversion
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 04:07:02 pm »
Hi,

I have become increasing interested in the HIV and AIDs topic.  I have been reading a lot but have trouble understanding the different stages of the infection.

Is Acute HIV Infection the same as Acute Retroviral Syndrome? If not, what is the difference? I read this stage lasts 2-4 weeks after exposure.

If i'm not mistaken, Seroconversion happens after both of these stages, and it is when Aids has infected the body and the HIV antibodies have formed, at 6 weeks or so?

Thanks,
VS

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:29:48 pm »
Hi,

I have become increasing interested in the HIV and AIDs topic.  I have been reading a lot but have trouble understanding the different stages of the infection.

Is Acute HIV Infection the same as Acute Retroviral Syndrome? If not, what is the difference? I read this stage lasts 2-4 weeks after exposure.

If i'm not mistaken, Seroconversion happens after both of these stages, and it is when Aids has infected the body and the HIV antibodies have formed, at 6 weeks or so?

Thanks,
VS

Acute Retroviral Syndrome, or ARS, is what you are referencing. It is also called Acute HIV infection. It lasts between one and two weeks, give or take, and does not happen to everyone who is infected. In many cases, symptoms are so mild as to be ignored/dismissed. In some cases, people are hospitalized with high fevers. It is the body's reaction to HIV, as it mounts it's initial defense against it by creating antibodies.

Welcome Thread

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 07:55:42 pm »
Thank you jkinatl2.

Do you or anyone else know whether the sore throat symptom related to ARS make your throat red and swollen, or is it more so just the feeling of being sore?

Thanks,
VS

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2012, 09:12:12 pm »
Thank you jkinatl2.

Do you or anyone else know whether the sore throat symptom related to ARS make your throat red and swollen, or is it more so just the feeling of being sore?

Thanks,
VS

Respiratory symptoms are not typical of ARS. The cold/allergies that are going around are far more likely culprits, since you did not have a risk.

And no, I don't buy the notion that you are undertaking an intellectual journey into HIV. I think you still want to believe you had a risk, are experiencing symptoms, and are looking for  clues.

Why not explore our vast LESSONS section? And since this site is fully searchable, why not look for yourself? You had a slipped condom. It happens. Never in my ten years on this forum have I encountered an insertive partner who seroconverted after a condom break - and you didn't even have THAT.

Welcome Thread

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2012, 09:28:16 pm »
jkinatl2, you didn't answer my question, but I still appreciate your response  :)

You are right, I am still trying to confirm that my fear wont be a reality.  My nerves wont take 3 months.

But, it is true that I want to learn more about the topic.  You never really think about it until it slaps you in face.  I want to educate myself for future prevention.  I've taken a good look around the website.  In fact, I've been on it every day for two weeks learning about HIV.  I've read several lessons.  I will continue to search and learn.

Again, thanks for your attention.  It is truly appreciated.

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2012, 10:02:14 pm »
OK, I promise this will be my last post about this concern.  I don't want to keep bugging... and you all have a done a great job at educating me.  I can sleep now and HIV is not on my mind 24/7 like it had been these past few weeks.  Thanks for that.

I just wanted to clarify that it was my encounter was receptive penile- vaginal intercourse.  Where I was penetrated.  You said, " Never in my ten years on this forum have I encountered an insertive partner who seroconverted after a condom break - and you didn't even have THAT."  I am assuming the same applies for the receptive partner in my penile- vaginal encounter, right?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2012, 07:07:16 am »

I want to educate myself for future prevention.

Scared,

You've already been educated on hiv prevention. Re-read your entire thread, and take particular notice of post #6.

A slipped condom is NOTHING like a broken condom. Yes, I've just now re-read your recent comments. You did NOT have a risk.

If you don't believe us, then the only thing for it is for you to go test. Don't torture yourself for three months, go at the six week point. The negative result you get then won't change if you feel the need to test again at three months.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2012, 11:02:54 am »
OK, thanks... mouth zipped now  :-X

:)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2012, 11:19:57 am »
Scared,

You're welcome. Just remember to use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2012, 11:01:33 am »
OMG,

Ann,  As I was reading back on my post, I realized that I forgot to mention that on the first night of my two encounters I had used the Rephreshed vaginal gel that has to be inserted in the vagina through a tube.  I was having trouble with the gel completely coming out of the tube, so I had to insert the tube several times into the vagina.  I remember being it especially tight down there that time (sorry readers if too graphic).  I actually had to really push the tube in because it wouldn't slide in easily.  There was no bleeding as far as I know.

Do you think with my two encounters (that night and the next) would have increased my HIV exposure if I had created microscopic tears in my vagina due to the repeated insertion of the vaginal tube?  I read this is how the hiv can get into the bloodstream through small tears in the vagina.

I promised that last would be my last post, but I want to make sure that this rephresh thing was taken into consideration, and It doesn't change your opinion about me risk.   :)

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2012, 11:06:28 am »
Scared,

A condom was used. Although it slipped a little, it still protected both of you.

You did not have a risk regardless of whatever details you can think of to add - unless you've had unprotected intercourse you neglected to tell us about.

If you don't believe us, then the only thing for it is for you to go test.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2012, 11:15:37 am »
Nooooooo, I promise everything went down exactly as I mentioned it.  I would not waste your time by intentionally leaving out and incident that might affect your opinion.  Actually, I'm trying to give you as much information as possible.

I got up this morning, feeling very calm now that my HIV worries have subsided  (thanks to you and the other experts who have answered by questions), and opened up the forum to read the questions and comments (because after 3 weeks, it just seemed like the natural thing to do), and realized the rephresh detail had been left out.  Because of the tiny tears in the vagina thing, I thought it was something worth mentioning to rule out any possibility.

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 10:19:52 am »
Hi guys,

I'm sorry to be here bugging you again, but I really hope you can give me some more information.

Two nights ago, 31 days after latest exposure.  I noticed I began developing a rash on the inner upper part of my right arm (the part that rubs against the body and is soft).  They are like little raised dots with small patches of red inflammation.  The red inflammation is not raised, but the little dots are a little raised.  The next day, the same thing happened on my left arm in the same area, then rashes progressed down my inner forearm.  Only in the inner part,  not the rest of the arm.  I checked my body and it seems to be spreading to my chest and back.  It doesnt itch.  I'm very scared.

I am worried this is the rash associated with ARS.

I have read the this forums a lot and have found a lot of useful information.  I read that it isn't typical for ARS symptoms to occur after the 3rd week, and even, less after the 4th week.  This rash appeared needing 3-4 days to reach my 5th week post exposure.

I alrso read that a good amount of people seroconvert around day 21... and if im not mistaken.. its not typical to show symptoms after someone has seroconverted.  That is more so during the process of seroconversion that a person shows the symptons (ofcourse of the person is infected, and symptoms do occur.)

Can you please tell me if it is correct, and if the rash im describing sounds like a ARS rash?  I know you said I didn't have an exposure, but I've never had this rash before, and am scared to death right now.  I don't wish to annoy you as I respect your time and expertise. I hope you have some patience with me.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2012, 06:34:29 pm »
The rash that sometimes appears during seroconversion is almost always flat, not raised, and on the trunk, not the extremities.

In addition, of course, you had no risk for HIV infection in the scenario as you described it.

Welcome Thread

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2012, 06:52:50 pm »
 :) Thank you jkinnatl2.

I hope you guys don't think a little crazy over there.  I'm just scared.

I was feeling really good and confident that I had no risk for HIV until i got this rash!! Of all coincidences, a RASH?!  I read that a lot off stress, which I have been under, can cause a rash. 

After I woke up this morning to find that it had spread to my chest and back, I ran to the clinic and got an Elisa HIV test.  It is at 32-33 days past the incident exactly as I described.  That would be a day or two shy of 5 weeks.

It came back negative.  Is this a good sign, even though it wasn't at the 6 week mark?

I will be testing at 6 weeks again, as I read that most people who will test positive will do so by then, then at 13 weeks again, ofcourse.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2012, 05:26:44 am »
Scared,

I need to remind you that even though you paid a subscription, you are still subject to our posting rules. If you read the Welcome Thread before posting like you're supposed to, you will have read the following posting guideline:

Anyone who continues to post excessively, questioning a conclusive negative result or no-risk situation, will be subject to a four week Time Out (a temporary ban from the Forums). If you continue to post excessively after one Time Out, you may be given a second Time Out which will last eight weeks. There is no third Time Out - it is a permanent ban. The purpose of a Time Out is to encourage you to seek the face-to-face help we cannot provide on this forum.

Please consider yourself warned!

The rash you're describing sounds nothing like the rash that sometimes accompanies seroconversion. If it continues to bother you, show it to a doctor. Nobody can diagnose your rash over the internet.

And your negative result is no big surprise. You didn't have a risk.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2012, 08:54:59 am »
sorry

Offline VaryScared

Re: 6 week Negative HIV Test after fingering with Precum
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2012, 08:26:04 pm »
Hi all,

I am not writing to ask any new questions or bring up a new concern.  I returned to give an update on my situation... just in case some one is going through or in the future goes through an experience similar to mine.  It has helped me a lot to read about other people's experiences and hope mine can help someone else in that same way.

Today, I took a Rapid Finger Prick test at the 6 weeks and 2 day mark and it came back negative.  As you can imagine, I am thrilled since ( I have learned) most of the people who are positive will show it on on HIV test by 6 weeks. So yaaaaay!

I will test again at the 13 week mark only because I am a neurotic and want that last conclusive test.

I want to thank the professionals who answered my questions and concerns for having patience with me.

Offline VaryScared

Needle prick and HIV?
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2012, 01:26:42 am »
Hi,

I was hoping not to post with another HIV concern, but here I am again in need of your help.

Today, I was in a public place sitting next to a couple (a male and female).  They are strangers that I just happened to sit next to.  About a minute or two after sitting next to them, they stood up to leave.  The lady walked by me and grazed me for a 3 or 4 seconds.  When she did this, I felt a prick/stick on my side close to my back.  I'm sure it was a prick/stick because I even flinched from the pain and rubbed my side.  She didn't stop...she just kept walking.  The weird thing is that I did have a sensation that something was injected into me.

At first, I thought maybe it was electric shock that you sometimes get when you touch someone.

But when the pain lingered, I rushed to the rest room and lifted my shirt to check.  I saw a tiny little red spot exactly in the area where I felt the prick.  It looked like when you get a shot or blood drawn.  I pinched on it to see if blood came out, but there was no visible blood.

As you can imagine, I am worried about HIV.  I know it sounds crazy, but I am afraid this lady might have injected me with blood infected with HIV.

I am upset, because I just got over thinking I had had a risky exposure and was going on with my life not worrying about it anymore. 

I am considering going for PEP tomorrow.

1. Do you think I may have been exposed? 

2. If in fact, this is a one in a million chance, would anything the lady could have done infected me with HIV if she had some type of syringe or something?

3. Would she have been able to inject enough to be infectious in 3 or 4 seconds?

4. Does the fact that there was no visible blood coming out mean that there was no access to bloodstream?

Thank you,
Scared
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 02:52:47 am by VaryScared »

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2012, 07:35:38 am »
vary,

1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

4. Yes.

This whole idea of people being stabbed with syringes by total strangers passing by in public places is nothing more than an urban myth. It's never actually happened in real life. I presume you live in the real world with the rest of us?

You have not had a risk for hiv infection. Once again.

I seriously suggest you get some counseling/therapy so you can get to the bottom of your hiv phobia and start being mentally healthy again.

Ann
« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 07:37:12 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline VaryScared

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2012, 01:29:33 pm »
Thank you Ann,

I agree with you about my HIV Phobia.  Two months ago contracting HIV was never a concern of mine.  I've always had protected intercourse and known HIV isn't transmitted through oral sex. Now, I'm terrified of contracting it.

Thank you for your reply.  Since my last experience, I've learned not to doubt your expertise so I am taking your answer and running with it.

:D

Thank you once again,
Scared

Offline VaryScared

Trying to Leave it all behind, For jkinantl2
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2012, 06:47:56 pm »
jkinantl2,

I have been reading a lot of your posts and completely love them.  They are so informative and filled with facts and scientific explanations to our questions. 

I am posting a few questions and hope you will have a response for them.

1. Are Langhoreans Cells and CD4 Cells located in the side torso/back area?

Also, and excuse me for not being knowledgeable about about science and medicine.

2. Are any veins and vessels located in that same area part of the blood stream? 

I understand that these cells are mainly concentrated in the mucousal membranes.  I was reading about Geoffrey Pierce, the Australian prison guard, who was injected with a syringe with HIV virus in the buttocks, so surely these cells are located in other parts of the body and can help the HIV travel to the CD4+ T-cells.

I know the risk of having been injected with HIV from a random stranger is more of an urban myth and highly...highly...highly unlikely to occur, but I want to know whether it would have been physically possible or not if a person actually tried to do it. 

If you don't mind, I would love one of those detailed scientific reasons explaining why it would not be possible (if it isn't).  Also, the fact that the it would all have had to take place in lets say 4 maybe 5 seconds TOPS should be taken into consideration.

Thank you

PS.  I have seen a psychiatrist and a therapist to discuss my HIV issues.  I am actively working to move on from my issue.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2012, 06:56:24 am »
Vary,

1. No.

2. ? Any blood vessels are part of the overall blood stream and yes, you have blood vessels in that part of your body. However, it would be very difficult if not impossible to find a vein in that part of the body in which to inject something. If anything had been injected into that part of your body, it would have been either intramuscular or subcutaneaous and would have hurt like hell. You would have ended up with a lump in the area.

Regarding Mr Pierce, his situation was NOTHING like yours. He's the ONLY person to have been infected this way - and it wasn't just being pricked by a needle, the inmate had a syringe full of blood and he injected that blood, and the injection site was obvious.

You haven't had a risk for hiv infection. Keep working with your therapist so you can get over this hiv phobia and paranoia of yours. We cannot help you with that here.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.