Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:19:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 389
Total: 389

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Have you ever done this?  (Read 5200 times)

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
Have you ever done this?
« on: August 20, 2006, 12:08:43 pm »
Hello Kiddies in Pozland!
    Capt. Carl here with a quick question about the alternative side if disclosure about ones status. Have any of you ever disclosed to someone who is hitting on you with the hope that it will turn them off and they will leave you alone? I mean after saying no a few tmes and they still persist. I've done it a few times, and it didn't work a few times. Think about the irony in that!
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
Re: Have you ever done this?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 07:08:58 am »
I admit it.........YES! ::)
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 07:36:12 am »
LOL... I did it once and it worked like a charm. :D

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 08:08:39 am »
Yes I have and it did not work...finally had to say I wasn't interested. Course I had my high school figure back then.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 09:29:34 am »
Well, in my case, I'd already been telling the bloke that I had a partner I had no intention of cheating on. The bloke in question was saying that it was ok, he only wanted a one-off anyway and nobody needed to know blah blah blah. Finally, I said, "OK, let's go, but you need to know that I'm hiv positive..." and he was like, "Oh! Nevermind!" ;D
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline allopathicholistic

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 11:32:11 am »
Irony indeed. I have never done that but you just gave me some clever ideas about repelling unwanted suitors

Offline lydgate

• Virgin, can't drive
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 11:39:25 am »
Done it, and it didn't work.
Her finely-touched spirit had still its fine issues, though they were not widely visible. Her full nature, like that river of which Cyrus broke the strength, spent itself in channels which had no great name on the earth. But the effect of her being on those around her was incalculably diffusive: for the growing good of the world is partly dependent on unhistoric acts; and that things are not so ill with you and me as they might have been, is half owing to the number who lived faithfully a hidden life, and rest in unvisited tombs.

George Eliot, Middlemarch, final paragraph

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 12:44:42 pm »
I've done that many times, with mixed results. Sadly, sometimes people then suddenly see you as an Epic Tragic figure ... that they want to get naked with.

eep.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline texasguy

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 06:13:54 pm »
oh jk....my first giggle of the week....Epic Tragic figure.... sometimes your replies crack me up!

Terry W
8/12/2008    102        402      26.8
                    VL         CD4     CD4%
7/11/2008   Started Atripla and Lisinopril for high blood pressure
6/8     654000(?) 347     20.4
5/08   42100       287      20.5
11/07 52930       438     27.3
5/07   48800       356     22.2
2/07   89000       316     23.2
7/06   51700       459     25.3
2/06   346000     386     20.3
           VL          CD4     CD4%
Poz Antibody Test January 2006
Seroconversion December 2005
Exposure November 2005

Offline babygirl17844

• trying to lose the gut and get back in shape
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »
did it here as well sometimes it works and sometimes it don't...... good lord in the past month I have had 15 negative guys hitting on me, I have been saying no to them for the past 4 years I just have not been having luck with neg guys they say they can deal with it and I found out they couldn't so been dating poz only. but again having no luck, seems so many lie in their profile saying they want LTR when in fact they just want to get lucky. if you give it up you don't hear back from them and if you don't still don't hear back..... damned if you do and damned if you don't---------------grrrrrrr. I may just stop saying no to the negs at least I will have dates and they know I am poz before they write me its in most of my profiles.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.