Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 06:58:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773453
  • Total Topics: 66366
  • Online Today: 390
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 247
Total: 249

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Does HIV transmit in this way? Need help.  (Read 13564 times)

Offline Kish789

• Standard
Does HIV transmit in this way? Need help.
« on: September 05, 2020, 03:44:44 am »
Hi,  I am 37 years old. I went to unprofessional massage centre  yesterday. There massage therapist was a female, who is doing massage for more than 5 years in different cities in Tamilnadu.  My situation is she massaged me for 45 minutes and she did handjob for 5 minutes. No kissing and penetrative sex.   I had  a wound dried blood clot in leg finger, above the nails, which happen 2 days back. Assuming she is HIV positive and bleeding in her fingers and touched my leg fingers to massage. I saw her fingers and no visible bleeding in her fingers. Now I am worried and anxiety about my HIV transmission. I am married and have a kid.

Request you to answer my questions.

Does massage and hand job transmit HIV even if she is HIV positive?

Does HIV transmit through skin blood clot on my fingers? (Assuming she is HIV positive and bleeding in her fingers.)

Can I continue to have a sex with my wife?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
Re: Does HIV transmit in this way? Need help.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2020, 05:18:43 am »
Q 1 & 2 no.

You had no HIV risk whatsoever from getting a massage/handjob.

You might as well be asking me if sitting on a toilet seat or eating apples would be a HIV risk as it equally lacks all the conditions required for HIV transmission. Relax and move on with your life.

Q3
Can I continue to have a sex with my wife?

Up to you. If you are engaging in condomless sex with your partner then you are at risk. Often within relationships, condomless sex is based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV and any condomless intercourse is accepting the possible risk of acquiring HIV.

Here's what you need to know to avoid HIV infection:
Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, every time, no exceptions. Consider starting PrEP as an additional layer of HIV protection.

Keep in mind that some sexual practices which may be described as ‘safe’ in terms of HIV transmission might still pose a risk for transmission of other STI's, so please do get fully tested regularly and at least yearly for all STI's including but not limited to HIV and test more frequently if unprotected intercourse occurs

Also, note that it is possible to have an STI and show no signs or symptoms and the only way of knowing is by testing.

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the "Do I have HIV?" Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here. It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 06:23:38 am »
Hi, Thanks for your reply. I am not clear on your 2nd questions answer. Since I am not  a English native speaker... 

Can you please help me on 3rd point also?  Can I have a regular sex with my wife? 

Do I need HIV test based on my situation?

Does eating garlic and ginger affect HIV test results? If I take HIV test after 13 weeks?

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2020, 06:25:30 am »
Does eating garlic and ginger daily affect HIV test window period? 

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2020, 07:20:15 am »
Can you please help me on 3rd point also?  Can I have a regular sex with my wife?

Asked and answered. If you have sex with your wife use condoms to protect yourself and test at least yearly out of standard routine for HIV and easier to aquire STI's.

If you have condomless sex with your wife it's a risk to you and you should be testing more frequently.

Do I need HIV test based on my situation?

No HIV risk from the massage/ handjob means no HIV testing required over this activity. Move on with your life!

Does eating garlic and ginger affect HIV test results?

No
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2020, 08:02:04 am »
Hi, Thanks a lot for the clarification. You told to use condoms while having sex with my wife. But, now me and my wife planning to have a second baby.  In that case how can I use condoms sir.. This is my question now? Please help.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2020, 09:15:52 am »
Hiya,

Hi, Thanks a lot for the clarification. You told to use condoms while having sex with my wife.

Correct, you asked if you could have sex with your wife. I have answered that is up-to you , however, if you want to reduce your HIV risk use condoms, no exceptions. 

But, now me and my wife planning to have a second baby.  In that case how can I use condoms sir.. This is my question now? Please help.

If you want to conceive a child naturally (Comdomless intercourse) it comes with certain risks. HIV is one of them, it's that simple. 

Often within relationships, these risks are taken based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV and any condomless intercourse is accepting the possible risk of acquiring HIV.

EDIT

Now you if you don't want to accept the risk but still want to conceive a child naturally you could talk to a healthcare provider about PrEP. PrEP is medication taken by HIV-negative people to reduce the chance of acquiring of HIV sexually.

Not sure what more I can do, I've explained how to prevent HIV and I've explained your risks. I do wish you all the best.

Best, Jim
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:24:05 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2020, 09:25:38 am »
Thanks. If me and my wife both are HIV negative for sure. Then how can HIV risk is possible?

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2020, 09:39:56 am »
Thanks. So it means all couples who want a baby naturally, should take PREP to avoid risks?. Right?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2020, 09:43:25 am »
Hiya,

Thanks. So it means all couples who want a baby naturally, should take PREP to avoid risks?. Right?

No, and I doubt many people would use it for the situation you outlined but it's something you could consider after talking to your healthcare provider to reduce your HIV risk.

I also don't understand why you are asking about other (all) couples ... I am talking to you and the situation you posted.

Thanks. If me and my wife both are HIV negative for sure. Then how can HIV risk is possible?

Unless you have kept her chained up 24/7 and test her after 3 months you don't know her HIV status for sure due to the window period on testing.

Now, I presume your not some sort of evil lunatic and you would never treat your partner this way. The risk assessment therefore is really simple, if you have condomless sex with your wife it's a risk to you and you should be testing more frequently.

If you want to conceive a child naturally (Comdomless intercourse) it comes with certain risks. HIV is one of them, it's that simple.

Often within relationships, these risks are taken based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV and any condomless intercourse is accepting the possible risk of acquiring HIV.

Asked and answered. If you have sex with your wife use condoms to protect yourself and test at least yearly out of standard routine for HIV and easier to aquire STI's.

If you have condomless sex with your wife it's a risk to you and you should be testing more frequently.

Correct, you asked if you could have sex with your wife. I have answered that is up-to you , however, if you want to reduce your HIV risk use condoms, no exceptions.

Up to you. If you are engaging in condomless sex with your partner then you are at risk. Often within relationships, condomless sex is based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV and any condomless intercourse is accepting the possible risk of acquiring HIV.

« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 09:47:10 am by Jim Allen »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2020, 09:47:38 am »

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2020, 09:48:47 am »
No, and I doubt many people would use it for the situation you outlined but it's something you could consider after talking to your healthcare provider to reduce your HIV risk.

I also don't understand why you are asking about other (all) couples ... I am talking to you and the situation you posted.

Asked and answered already
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2021, 01:14:25 pm »

Hi Allen, Thanks for doing a wonderful job in this site.

I came here again for my clarification and gain knowledge about HIV test due to COVID vaccination.

Last week I had a very big fight with a local guy near to my home, who is very ugly and unhygenic fellow and unmarried guy. At the time of fight his nail sharp nails scratched in my arms and necks and very slight bleeding only.

I have few questions due to my anxiety.

1. Does any chance to transmit HIV?

2. I am a COVID positive 3 months back and rcovered, and now it's my turn for COVID vaccination. I am going to vaccinate ( Covisheild vaccination) Does this COVID vaccination delays HIV test or window period of HIV test or delayed produce HIV antibody?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2021, 01:27:14 pm »
1) You can't aquire HIV from being scratched. Move on with your life.

2) No.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2021, 02:58:46 pm »
Thanks Sir,
Also I done a body massage and hand job in massage parlour. Does body massage and handjob transmit HIV?

Since covid and HIV both are virus I have a confusion, whether COVID vaccination will delay HIV antibody production?

Please help. 

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2021, 03:01:59 pm »
You need to apply the information already provided

You had no HIV risk whatsoever from getting a massage/handjob.

You might as well be asking me if sitting on a toilet seat or eating apples would be a HIV risk as it equally lacks all the conditions required for HIV transmission. Relax and move on with your life.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2021, 11:37:09 pm »
Thanks sir. My last question and doubt. Please clarify.

Asking for my understanding about how tests are made. How COVID infection and COVID vaccination won't affect HIV test window period and results?
Since COVID and HIV both are virus, I have a confusion about HIV test. HIV test kit is specifically see only HIV antibody and antigen. Right Sir? COVID vaccination and it's composition won't disturb HIV antibody production or HIV test?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2021, 12:44:04 am »
Getting vaccinated will not disturb antibody production and the HIV screening kits are looking for antibodies as a result of an HIV infection. 

However, you did not acquire HIV from being scratched or receiving a handjob that much is certain and don't require HIV testing over those activities.

Now ask me again about covid, testing, handjobs or getting a massage and it will lead to a ban as I will consider your questioning excessive.

Move on with your life and use condoms for any intercourse, test yearly out of standard routine for STI's & HIV.

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2021, 02:45:17 am »
Thanks a lot Sir.

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2022, 12:10:52 pm »
Hi Jim Sir,
Hope you are doing good. I need a clarification and doubt about HIV transmission. 

Penis hole touched fresh semen in western toilet seat( where we generally sit for poop and pee).Since semen contains virus. Does fresh semen and urine touched my penis for few seconds through urethra( the hole where urine comes out) is a risk for HIV? 

Thanks in advance.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2022, 12:17:26 pm »
No, you can't aquire HIV from a toilet seat, look your adult risks for acquiring HIV are limited:

- Condomless intercourse
- Sharing syringes
- Blood transfusions (rare)
- Giving a blowjob (Minute HIV risk, not even worth testing for outside of standard yearly routine)

So use condoms for any intercourse and screen yearly for STIs & HIV.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2022, 12:23:03 pm »
Thanks for your immediate response.  Even if it is very fresh and hot  semen or urine which touch and pour in my penis tip hole, still it is no risk for HIV?  Because I am bit worrying about this true situation.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2022, 12:25:25 pm »
I read your post and provided an answer. I am very sure my answer was clear.

No, you can't aquire HIV from a toilet seat, look your adult risks for acquiring HIV are limited:

- Condomless intercourse
- Sharing syringes
- Giving a blowjob (Minute HIV risk, not even worth testing for outside of standard yearly routine)

HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2022, 12:31:04 pm »
Thanks a lot my brother.  You are really fantastic. Stay blessed.

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2022, 02:36:03 pm »
Hi Jim, Hope you are doing good. Below is my situation.

If HIV positive person touches my very fresh bleeding wound in lips with his fingers. Does this transmit HIV?  He don't have any cut or wound  on his fingers.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2022, 02:46:19 pm »
You need to apply the information already provided
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2022, 11:02:15 pm »
Hi Jim,

Sorry not clear. Please help me with little brief.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2022, 11:43:59 am »
You have posted before about being touched and fingers. Its not an HIV concern and I have also explained:

your adult risks for acquiring HIV are limited:

- Condomless intercourse
- Sharing syringes

If you are engaging in condomless sex with your partner then you are at risk. Within relationships, condomless sex is often based on trust or past test results. However, this does not prevent HIV and any condomless intercourse is accepting the possible risk of acquiring HIV.

So whenever you have an HIV fear, apply the above information. No need to post or ask me.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2022, 10:07:34 am »
Hi Jim, Hope you and your family are doing well.

Below is the scenario .
Went to a massage spa for body massage and at the end maasause, did handjob with oil... She did hard handjob with oil and pull back my foreskin hardly, due to this my under foreskin Tyson glands skin gets little teared. , But no bleeding ... It's become reddish and spotted like a tiny cut...

Does this poses any hiv risk?

I didn't noticed her hand about cuts .

Assume she is HIV positive and small cuts in her hand, Does this transmit hiv?

Do I need HIV test?

Please assess and help.

Thanks.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2022, 10:49:21 am »
You already have an answer for these activities/situations.

Just read the thread from start to finish and apply the information already provided to you.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2022, 11:03:40 am »
Thanks Jim for your reply.  Immediate tear of my penis Tyson gland is concerning me... Experts like yours opinion gives me peace of mind and reduce anxiety. So only asked.  So Can i relax and forget this incident?  Pls reply. Thanks

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2022, 12:12:04 pm »
You already know the answer, you had no HIV risk from what you posted here.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2023, 03:25:17 am »
Hi, Below is my situation and need your help to clarify me.

Today, I was with my son on Bettle leaves pan shop in India. Here is the place where many people come here for getting pan for chewing and after putting pan in their mouth, people generally wipe their saliva in surface of the wooden table, which is in front of the shop.  My son 5 year old touched that same wooden table ( where saliva is present) for 2 minutes in his fingers and palm and he suddenly put his fingers in his mouth and licked his palm with some sweets to eat.   Does this situation transmit hiv?  Kindly help and clarify.

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2023, 04:23:24 am »
It's not an HIV risk.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Kish789

• Standard
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2023, 11:26:46 am »
Thanks for the reply Jim. Need a another help from you.

I often have a OCD fear, especially regarding HIV Phobia. Kindly give your advice. How to get rid of this HIV phobia?

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2023, 02:49:45 pm »
If it's an HIV phobia it's not going to get better on its own and something that a psychiatrist can discuss with you and treat.
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.