Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:19:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37644
  • Latest: Aman08
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773220
  • Total Topics: 66338
  • Online Today: 716
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 602
Total: 602

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just got back from the Poz Cruise Retreat  (Read 4236 times)

Offline LiveWithIt

Just got back from the Poz Cruise Retreat
« on: November 02, 2008, 12:21:32 pm »
I live locally near Fort Lauderdale and I just got back.  It was so much fun.  I gained 10 pounds.  The Black and white party was great as was the Halloween Party.

Did anyone else who posts here go?
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline Jody

Re: Just got back from the Poz Cruise Retreat
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 12:00:11 pm »
Hi LiveWithIt...I also returned from the POZ cruise last night and I had a wonderful time...The Crown Princess was very nice and the ports we stopped at were nice as well...I especially enjoyed snorkeling at St. Thomas, that was a unique experience indeed.  Some of us toured Grand Turk Island and witnessed the devastation of the recent hurricane that hit there from the ground. 

Everyone was nice and friendly, just like our AMG's here...We had a Halloween party and much fun...The food was good and by the ton!

We had educational gatherings and Dr. Wolfiler from Miami and others spoke as well about HIV 101, side effects, meds, new treatments, etc...We played The Dating game, The Newlywed game and my team finished second in Super Password.  One of my favorite things was Improv, which we did twice and that was a real blast!

I got to meet many new friends, as well as guys I know from SIN NY including David, the manager, and Chris, Tom, Christian and Larry and others and guys from this website like David (Blixer), Brian (BriGuyNY) and Jeff (CmhJeff).....Paul, our fearless leader, did a great job putting it all together, no small task.  We started out with a pre-cruise party at the Schubert Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am home now and looking forward to Boston AMG '09.

Jody  :)
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 06:50:04 pm »
Hi LiveWithIt...I also returned from the POZ cruise last night and I had a wonderful time...The Crown Princess was very nice and the ports we stopped at were nice as well...I especially enjoyed snorkeling at St. Thomas, that was a unique experience indeed.  Some of us toured Grand Turk Island and witnessed the devastation of the recent hurricane that hit there from the ground. 

Everyone was nice and friendly, just like our AMG's here...We had a Halloween party and much fun...The food was good and by the ton!

We had educational gatherings and Dr. Wolfiler from Miami and others spoke as well about HIV 101, side effects, meds, new treatments, etc...We played The Dating game, The Newlywed game and my team finished second in Super Password.  One of my favorite things was Improv, which we did twice and that was a real blast!

I got to meet many new friends, as well as guys I know from SIN NY including David, the manager, and Chris, Tom, Christian and Larry and others and guys from this website like David (Blixer), Brian (BriGuyNY) and Jeff (CmhJeff).....Paul, our fearless leader, did a great job putting it all together, no small task.  We started out with a pre-cruise party at the Schubert Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

I am home now and looking forward to Boston AMG '09.

Jody  :

The Black and White party was a lot of fun too, as was Halloween.  I had a very good time and met some nice people. A few not so nice also, who were friendly at dinner but were too good to say hello later on.  The dining options of moving to different tables in our section was great.

I had so much fun at the Skywalker lounge at least 3 nights I was there till almost closing.  The last night at the dance club was fun but all my gays left early. :-[

There were some cute guys, but many had partners.  That last table was a great group of wonderful  sweet guys at dinner.  I developed a few crushes.

The Doctors speech was very informative.  I learned many new things.  The Dating Game was fun, but I only caught the tail end of the Newlywed game.  Password was fun too.

All in all it was great and I hope I can attend next year.  ;D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2008, 09:24:23 pm by LiveWithIt »
Pray God you can cope

Offline cmhjeff

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 08:33:42 am »
Hello LiveWithIt we got back home to Columbus Ohio Sunday evening around 6. This was our second cruise and while there were differences between Carnival and Princess the total experience far surpassed last year and we only hope we can go again next year. We did have more rain this year than last but no one can blame Paul or Princess for that. Even with the rain we had a fabulous time and came home with nice tans.  :)
It's like I told my Dad it wasn't so much the ports that made the vacation but the people in the cruise retreat group. We were reunited with friends from last year and made many new friends this year. We met Tom, Sam and Brian from AIDSmeds on last years cruise and it was great to see them again as well as to finally meet Jody and David.
We did not go to the Black and White party but we had loads of fun at the Halloween bash.
The medical updates were informative, the games (dating game and Newlywed Game) were full of laughs and we cried more than a few tears at the memorial service.
Unable to snorkel with the group we took a submarine excursion in St Thomas diving 80 feet where we sat on the ocean floor looking at fish from the portholes.
Living with PML and knowing how far I've come I still try to push myself within limits and in Princess Keys I did just that when I took a ride on a banana boat with Jeffrey and Blixer. I held on for dear life and had a great time! (Thanks Tom!)
After being surrounded 24/7 with love and support from so many people it was hard to return to reality but there are so many pictures and friendships form that I can turn to to remember the events of "Cruise Retreat 2008"

Until next year....
Jeff

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 02:56:03 pm »
Hello LiveWithIt we got back home to Columbus Ohio Sunday evening around 6. This was our second cruise and while there were differences between Carnival and Princess the total experience far surpassed last year and we only hope we can go again next year. We did have more rain this year than last but no one can blame Paul or Princess for that. Even with the rain we had a fabulous time and came home with nice tans.  :)
It's like I told my Dad it wasn't so much the ports that made the vacation but the people in the cruise retreat group. We were reunited with friends from last year and made many new friends this year. We met Tom, Sam and Brian from AIDSmeds on last years cruise and it was great to see them again as well as to finally meet Jody and David.
We did not go to the Black and White party but we had loads of fun at the Halloween bash.
The medical updates were informative, the games (dating game and Newlywed Game) were full of laughs and we cried more than a few tears at the memorial service.
Unable to snorkel with the group we took a submarine excursion in St Thomas diving 80 feet where we sat on the ocean floor looking at fish from the portholes.
Living with PML and knowing how far I've come I still try to push myself within limits and in Princess Keys I did just that when I took a ride on a banana boat with Jeffrey and Blixer. I held on for dear life and had a great time! (Thanks Tom!)
After being surrounded 24/7 with love and support from so many people it was hard to return to reality but there are so many pictures and friendships form that I can turn to to remember the events of "Cruise Retreat 2008"

Until next year....
Jeff

Hi Jeff I agree with you that the people on the ship is what makes for a great trip, more so that the ports of call.  I even made that point to someone who complained about wanting to go to different places.  I understand their points of view if they have taken many trips they do want to go to new places.

I think I knew who you were, but now that I looked up PML I do know who you are.  I did not meet you, but then again I am very shy to meet new people.  Anyway you are too cute and a little young for me.   ;D  Plus I understand that you are already taken. 
Pray God you can cope

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.