Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:18:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 230
Total: 231

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: proteced sex durring period?  (Read 7214 times)

Offline King

proteced sex durring period?
« on: December 19, 2006, 05:32:26 pm »
couple weeks ago.i went down on a friend (woman).no reason to assume she is positive for anything.but in the instance she was.would i be at risk (for HIV).sex was protected. only other sexual incounter with her was,as i said.i went down on her. sometimes when i brush my teeth in the morning.my gums bleed a little.i only notice that when i brush my teeth hard sometimes.but for any matter.if my gums bled with out me noticing when i went down on here would that change my risk.am i at risk.should i get tested?

Offline RapidRod

Re: Need for test?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 06:01:43 pm »
No risk for HIV in that situation.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:24:23 pm »
K,

As Rodney says, going down on a woman is not a risk for hiv infection. Please have a look at the Welcome Thread and follow the link to the Transmission Lesson so you can learn about what is and isn't a risk for hiv infection.

Here's what else you need to know: You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline King

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 12:38:39 pm »
thank you both for the responces.just so im a clear.in regards to HIV. goin down on a woman is not a risk.even if i could have had a small cut in my mouth.again i ask because i notice my gum may bleed a little sometimes whe i brush my teeth hard in the morning.but even if they were to be bleeding without me knowing durring that time.i am still not at risk?and again the sex was prtected

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 12:45:58 pm »
Even with all of your add-ons and what ifs, the risk is strictly theoretical. Which means in real life it doesn't happen that way and there aren't any documented cases of transmission in that manner. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline King

proteced sex durring period?
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 02:25:09 am »
long story short i had sex with lady who did not let me know she was on her period. after we were done i notice their was a ton of blood everywhere. i had protection. standard latex condom. when i was taking it off just noticed i had a ton of blood all over me. had to use my shirt to clean it off. try at least. any risk in this. again had sex with a lady in the middle of her peiod (she later tol me, after the obvious). did have on a latex condoms. no breaks or tears or anything out the norm. when i was taking it off did seem like some of the blood was moving up torward the head of my.......because of me taking it off, but again is there any risk in this?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 02:29:19 am by King »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
Re: proteced sex durring period?
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 02:30:19 am »
King,

It's important that you keep all your additional thoughts, questions and comments in your original thread. This helps us to follow your story and give you the most accurate advice.

If you can't find your original thread click on the thread red link I provided above or the "show own posts" links in the left hand column of any forums page. If you did try post in your original thread and received a "60 day warning" please disregard it and post in your original thread.

MtD

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2007, 07:39:59 am »
King,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

Condoms protect against hiv infection, even when the woman is menstruating.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through all three condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline King

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2007, 11:18:34 am »
first sorry to all. been over a year since i came to this site. did not know to keep it in the same thread but will do so now.

so no risk at all? can hiv be transmitted through the shaft? there was alot of blood around that area especially as i was taking the condom off b/c of the blood on the condom. can it get through a rash or a wart on the shaft if there is one. no rash is appearant but i read you mite not always kno if you have a wart. am i still at no risk?

there was alot of blood...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 11:31:31 am by King »

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2007, 12:07:22 pm »
No, you can not get infected in that manner.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2007, 01:43:15 pm »
Just chiming in to say you weren't at risk no matter how much menstrual blood was around. The essential thing is that you had a condom on during intercourse and that it did not break. Incidentally, there wouldn't have been any doubt if it had broken. It's not a subtle event. Your johnson would have looked like it was a wearing a fringed hula hoop.

So no, despite the dramatic shock of seeing the blood, this was not a risky incident and there's no need for testing.

Just keep using a latex condom everytime you have intercourse and you'll be ok as far as HIV is concerned.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2007, 02:27:37 pm »

so no risk at all? can hiv be transmitted through the shaft?

No, hiv cannot be transmitted through the shaft. The skin there isn't any different from the skin elsewhere on your body and the skin is an excellent barrier to hiv.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline King

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2007, 03:22:50 pm »
sorry to bug. so even if theres a rash (dont think i have one) or wart (think i heard you can have one with out knowing) im still at no risk if blood got on the rash or wart

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2007, 06:48:07 pm »
No risk.

Offline King

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2007, 07:56:57 pm »
thank you all for your knowledge......appreciate it

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.