Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 01:52:29 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772784
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 267
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 235
Total: 236

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Dating Thread XXVIII: I love you, You love me...what else do we need?  (Read 55328 times)

Offline mahalia

Re: Dating Thread XXVIII: I love you, You love me...what else do we need?
« Reply #100 on: July 08, 2008, 05:47:45 am »
hello beaus...

m feeling a lot better today, rested a bit after work. m undoing ma hair today evening, then will plait it 2mrw. yippie! m taking a day off 2mrw; if only i was goin to sleep in...lol. i'll be leaving ma house at 4am 2mrw to go to sum village and apply for land, oh m in africa! we get free land, but u gotta apply for it. the only tricky thing with thsi one is nearer to the city, so one can always commute so pple are flocking to make applications.i hpoe to make it on time to go and check ma pap results, ma counts should also be ready, wil do that in the evenin. hmm, mayb i shud go c ma boyfy 2mrw (i really hate stayin at home wit ma difficult mum!)

queen, all the best wit ur car
wish n necta- nice pics...
vivyt- the water prblm sorted? how did it happen wit ur period?!!!u shud be more careful nxt tym hey...no glove, no humping...!
betty- wanna share ur cake, yummy...! i'll chec in the other name for aluvia neh...
mini- after doin all that m sure all thats left is slow passionate luvmaking, awww...

to evryone, lots of love...

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #101 on: July 08, 2008, 08:00:06 am »
Good morning, my sweeties!  Getting up to 86 today and muggy hot >:(  But, the walkway is FINISHED!!  It looks so nice.  Now we just need it to rain (60% chance tomorrow) so the stay-crete will set the pebbles.  One more project I can check off the list.  Today, we're putting up the new light in the girls' room and the hallway and working on the school room (again).  Tomorrow is little bits ENT visit.  We're leaving at 6:30am, her appt. is at 8:15am.  I'll be sure to let you all know what happens.

Oh, and we got some great news.  Gabriel Brothers store is finally reopening Thursday and they've added 7000sq ft. of shopping area.  Last summer, they tore the whole store down to the ground and rebuilt it from the ground up.  So, you know where I'll be on Thursday :P

Queen, I hope you find a new place to live soon.  It must be really frusterating.

Betty: I'll let you know if the honey works.  The key is to find fresh honey produced with-in a 20 mile radius of your home.  That way, the bees make it from flowers that you would be exposed to and that's how you get the immunity from the pollen. 

Viv: That's just plain nasty!  I wouldn't think that the school could be open without running water.  How are the kids supposed to wash their hands?  Or get a drink?  And who wants to wait for a bucket of water to flush the toilet?

It's brekkie time and the natives are getting restless.  I'll catch up with everyone later.  Oh, and Hubby has yet to notice that I got my hair cut :-\  I'm not going to tell him, either.  I'm just waiting for someone to mention it in front of him.

Love to my honies!

edited to add: Mahalia, call me Mum, Mini is my daughter..lol
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #102 on: July 08, 2008, 08:04:56 am »
Morning ladies,

Viv, no workable water?!  I wouldn't like that either.  Don't be embarrased that you told us about being worried about your period.  That's what we're here for.

Queen, do you know anyone who's a mechanic who would maybe work on your car for free as long as you bought the part?  Good luck finding another place.  It can be frustrating, I know.  I'm so glad your section 8 is coming through!

Mahalia, I didn't know you were in Africa.  There's another lady on here who lives in Zimbabwe (Tendai).  Do you have as much trouble where you're at as the people in Zimbabwe are having?

Liz called me last night to tell me that she had a "breathing attack."  Awhile back, she was diagnosed with COPD; she quit smoking using the patch.  But, she hadn't been using her inhaler or running her air (and it's been extremely humid here).  She went to her doctor, who gave her a breathing treatment and put her on steroids.  I chewed her out (a little) for not using her inhaler nor running her air.  She was feeling a bit better when I talked to her.  I told her to call me when she was up and I would go see her.  

Other than going to see Liz, all I have to do is go to the store to get some fruit.  Since I cleaned yesterday I don't have that to do today.  I'll probably catch up on some reading later.  I also want to run my broom around the walls to take down some dust bunnies.  One of these days I'm going to clean out my main closet; but not today.  I'll be back later.  Have a good morning ladies.

Mum, I tried to post when you were posting.  I'm glad the walkway is done.  I'd love to see a picture of it.  And what's Gabriel Brothers?
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline mahalia

« Reply #103 on: July 08, 2008, 08:27:00 am »
got it mom, thanks...

betty- i've read tendai's story. its just heartbreaking, zim is goin thru a turmoil, pple r reli sufferin. m in botswana so we have a lot of them here n here their stories are so painful. i keep telling ma boss that i think ther should be departments/sections in hell...for pple like mugabe, its disgraceful. botswaan is great,its stance and work on HIV is applaudable. thr is free medication, the only struggle would be the fight against stigma but the govt is really trying

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
« Reply #104 on: July 08, 2008, 02:13:19 pm »
Betty, Gabriel Brothers (we call it Gabe's) is a really, REALLY cheap store.  They buy all the over-stock or imperfect clothes, shoes, furniture, baby stuff, housewares, ect, from other companies and sell it dirt cheap.  I got Carter brand fotted-fleece sleepers for one of the kids for 10-cents each.  They were brand new!  The only "problem" was that the zipper didn't match the PJ's.  For example, one of the navy blue sleepers had a pink zipper.  What do I care, all he was going to do was sleep in it.  I also got the girls Old Navy dresses for 99-cents /ea.  The "problem" was that they were mis-sized.  So what!  I just held it up to them - took what, an extra 15 seconds?  Everything they sell is new.  You do have to watch and make sure that there are no holes, or missing buttons, or no zipper, that sort of thing.  But, if there are, then they put a sticker showing the problem.  But, if all I have to do is replace a button, or buy a pair of shoe laces, then no big deal.

Think of a place bigger than Sam's Club, with the variety of stuff like Wal-mart (minus the food), brand name mall merchandise, and Goodwill prices. Voila!  Gabriel Brothers.

Mum
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #105 on: July 08, 2008, 04:58:55 pm »
Ok, someone needs to start a new thread. My day has not been too good. I have giving up getting the car fixed. Betty, my roomie has been working on the car for free but now all of a sudden the damn windshield is cracked and someone took the horn out the car when it was at my bf's mother's house. Not surprising because they had done stuff to it because she would not give them the car. I told her about the windshield and I told her if it cost too much that I am not getting it fixed. I have poured enough into that car and she has to pay me back for it. She is trying to get a car allowance from the welfare office but I don't think she is going to get it because they have changed that program up quite a bit. They are the ones who helped me get my Caprice but after the accident when I tried to get another allowance and was told you have to get a job first in order to get the allowance. And the only income she gets is child support, her bf pays all the other bills and I don't see him paying for the car to be fixed. The only way I will do it is if she gives me the car.

The landlord here has not come to get his rent money so I am assuming he is giving us 30 days. I did get approved for section 8 finally. The lady from the realtor keeps giving us the same song and dance that they had not finished out applications yet and she has other applications to go through. But she has not denied us, not sure if I call and mention the section 8 if that will make a difference. My other roomie has a friend who owns a 3 bedroom apartment for rent, he has been trying to call her but no answer yet.

I still have not finished my braids yet and my shoulder hurts like hell. My roomie's ex got out of jail on Monday but we have a hearing tomorrow for him violating the PFA, I hope they lock him back up. He is still playing games like changing my roomie's passwords to things and wiping out his profile on certain gay sites. I guess little things that can't prove it's him. But we still have the emails he sent along with the messages on my voicemail.

We just had a major pour down of rain about 30 minutes ago which has left me feeling very tired. I may not even mess with my hair today how I am feeling. Hope you all are having a better day than I am..*sheesh*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #106 on: July 08, 2008, 05:13:10 pm »
The new thread has been started.  Consider this one closed.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.