Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:23:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 424
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 384
Total: 385

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Just gulped down my first dose....  (Read 3967 times)

Offline johnnyl

Just gulped down my first dose....
« on: June 21, 2012, 01:33:37 pm »
Sat her at my desk, staring at these pills...sweating..thinking to myself wow....the beginning of and end...popped em in and down the hatch they went... Truvada/ Insetress... Heard and read nothing but good about them...  Did have a question...as far as timing goes, was going to do the
9/9... Ended up like 9:51 am...so say I am tired tonight and want to take second dose at 9... What's the time frames that would be an issue???    Is there any leeway ..an hour give or take???
Tested Poz May 22nd 2012
CD4      VL            %    6/20/12
4         226000       5
258      800           13    8/23/12
293      <20           17    10/19/12
306      <44           17    12/31/12
398      101           18     2/27/13
607      <20           21     2/28/14

Offline RWR

• if You think You can’t you can’t
Re: Just gulped down my first dose....
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 01:56:18 pm »
Hey Johnny
I take my Isentress one with breakfast and one with evening meal. My truvada i take one with the evening meal.  Good luck I have had good results with this combo. The atripla gave me alot of sleep problems. ;D
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 02:25:52 pm »
Sat her at my desk, staring at these pills...sweating..thinking to myself wow....the beginning of and end...popped em in and down the hatch they went... Truvada/ Insetress... Heard and read nothing but good about them...  Did have a question...as far as timing goes, was going to do the
9/9... Ended up like 9:51 am...so say I am tired tonight and want to take second dose at 9... What's the time frames that would be an issue???    Is there any leeway ..an hour give or take???

So, if you're tired and want to go to sleep at 9, take the medicine, sweet dreams.

Offline newt

• the one and original newt
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 07:16:36 pm »
9/9... Ended up like 9:51 am...so say I am tired tonight and want to take second dose at 9... What's the time frames that would be an issue???

No.

2 x day regular like, roughly the same time is enough.

- matt
"The object is to be a well patient, not a good patient"

Offline johnnyl

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 11:54:46 pm »
thanks guys...
Tested Poz May 22nd 2012
CD4      VL            %    6/20/12
4         226000       5
258      800           13    8/23/12
293      <20           17    10/19/12
306      <44           17    12/31/12
398      101           18     2/27/13
607      <20           21     2/28/14

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 12:52:48 pm »
Hey Johnny!

Looks like you stayed up late! Just messin' with you.

Em

Offline Lad_Liam

• it's a hitchhiker, not a hijacker
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2012, 09:40:45 am »
Hi Johnny
I just started the same combo ( today is my day 4) and the pharmacist was way casual about the timing. "Just take them at the similar time each day," she said, "the truvada after food". first thing in the Morning and evening at mealtime, she said don't even worry about setting an alarm.

I have set alarms and am going 8 and 8, cause i figure i am guarunteed to be up and usually not at work at these times, but the odd half hour to an hour either way I'm told won't be cause for alarm.

Using a weekly pill box is helping to assure me that I have taken them   8)

Good luck  8)
Liam
a new dark passenger joins the ride

Offline emeraldize

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2012, 07:44:59 am »
Hey Johnny,

How are you doing with your dosing and dozing?

Em

Offline AgilityAddict

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2012, 02:44:24 pm »
Well done! Sounds like you're taking good care. An alarm is very helpful and the dosset box also important. Stay within 1 hour of the time you take it. The more disciplined you are with your regime, the better your routine, the easier and more automatic it becomes, the better your chances off success are. Stick with it.

It may be the "beginning of and end", it certainly is the beginning of the end for that little bug in you,
 And the beginning of the beginning of a whole new and exciting leash of life for you. So go for it!

One extra piece of advice. Pop some of your pills in a few additional bottles and use them as "spares" for instance in your car in case you get stuck in traffic, in your handbag if you get held up, in your office desk if an emergency at work makes you late or at your best friends house where you visit regularly. in short, create some back ups in the event something goes wrong or interferes with your routine. Stay well!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.