Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:50:46 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 802
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 701
Total: 701

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Update on me!  (Read 2446 times)

Offline CaliGuy22

Update on me!
« on: September 23, 2008, 06:51:23 pm »
Hey everyone,
  wow! I have not been on here in a while. Months probably, I think I am probably running from my HIV so to speak and not being on here every day lets me forget about it easier. Anyways, I just wanted to let you all know I am well, I am working on getting government help and new labs and such. I also am newly single. My boyfriend and I where together two years and he just was not happy any more. So I am trying to be strong on my own, which for me is very hard. But I am dealing with it. I am taking care of my grandma and Mother full time. My grandmother is paralyzed and my mother has been ill for years but just 3 weeks ago we found out she has very bad breast cancer so I am there for all that. Anyways I do not mean to sound "woe is me" but just wanted to update those of you that remember/know me your all very sweet. Here are two brand new pictures of me too.

~J

[attachment deleted by admin]
Compassion is Revolution.

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. Relentlessly gay.
Re: Update on me!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 08:33:31 pm »
Good to "see" you again! Sorry you are going through a rough time but glad to hear you are okay.

Offline PeteNYNJ

• When life gives you AIDS...make LemonAIDS!
    • Dance for Me, Puppets
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 08:49:20 pm »
Hello,  tough times but you seem strong.

Foxy guy too :)

Stay strong 

Pete

Offline prayerblue

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 10:13:22 pm »
you look great! i hope your mom is ok... i really do... and that you get strength to persevere onward...

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 10:16:24 pm »
Hey Cali, good to hear from ya!  I'm so sorry about your mum and grandmum.  You being willing to take care of them shows what a loving person you are.  Good luck getting gov't help; hope it comes through soon.  Keep us updated!
 Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 05:58:55 am »
Cali,

As others have said, good to see you, and I'm sorry for family difficulties.

Let us know when you get the labs and hang in there.

Offline CaliGuy22

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 10:48:29 am »
Thanks Everyone!! I appreciate all the love.

~J
Compassion is Revolution.

Offline mudman8

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 11:06:59 am »
That is quite a lot to take on but I'm sure they appreciate you like never before.

I've been helping my 86 YO parents for some time now, don't live with them but down on a weekly basis.  Dad's knee replacement surgery was REALLY difficult, I had to be caregiver, physical therapist, driver and financial advisor.  They really want me over someone they could hire.  My sister was out for the surgery and I really needed the help, taking her to the airport she said she had new respect for me and knowing how difficult it has been.  That was nice.

You do have to take advantage of any program that can give you help,  and most of all TAKE CARE of YOURSELF!!!
Life is analog

Offline michaelman333

• Chaos and reason collide
    • My Facebook
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 02:49:24 pm »
glad to hear you are doing well :) :)

take care of yourself :) and you know a bit of running is ok ... just getting yourself healed is #!
06/29/09 ---- CD4- 392 (20%)   VL-Und
02/19/09 ---- CD4- 513 (23%)   VL-Und
01/11/09 ---- Switched Atripla
11/05/08 ---- CD4- 462 (23%)   VL - Und
04/01/06 ---- CD4- 274 (19%)   VL - 1200
03/20/06 ---- Started Truvada/Azatanovir/Ritonavir
02/28/06 ---- CD4- 219 (17%)   VL - 217,000
Diagnosed HIV+ 11/30/2005

You said I was lost/Wrong again
Said I had crossed that/Line again
Made it to easy to/Scream again
Made me feel queazy/Let me in
~~MLH

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.