Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:08:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773289
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 690
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 623
Total: 623

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I took my pills 5 hours after!!!  (Read 3672 times)

Offline Gladiator

I took my pills 5 hours after!!!
« on: October 13, 2016, 08:54:18 am »
Hi guys, sorry but I am panicking a bit even if rationally I know this should not be a big deal. I am on therapy from June, 5 months more ore less. I never skipped a dose and never delayed one. Today I forgot it for the first time and swallowed them after almost 5 hours. I am on truvada+tivicay, UD after two weeks. Should I seriously worry about this?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 09:00:14 am by Gladiator »

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Re: I TOOK MY PILLS 5 HOURS AFTER!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 09:03:04 am »
I could give you a long winded answer ...but in a nut shell no.
I have done that many times over the years and you will be just fine  ;)

Best, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Gladiator

Re: I took my pills 5 hours after!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 09:04:55 am »
Thank you so much Wade
 :-*

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2016, 09:30:52 am »
Your're Welcome buddy  ;)
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2016, 10:00:16 am »
modern day regimens have been found to be effective with at least 95% adherence. As you didn't even miss a dose ::) ;D, you have nothing to worry about ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Gladiator

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 10:45:19 am »
Thank you for reassuring me  :D

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 11:28:26 am »
Yeah, no problem with occasional variance in times. It's more important to ensure it is taken daily than to be too uptight about the timing. The only time I think it's more important to hit the time consistently is when first starting out, as it helps instil the discipline of taking daily medication.

I'm on the same regimen and I have taken as late as 4hrs after usual time, or sometimes an hour or so early depending on what I'm doing. So far, still UD which is the important thing!
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline Gladiator

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 11:50:44 am »
Guys you definitively calmed me down.I am perfectly controlling the virus under therapy and the doctor said I am doing great, but worries are always round the corner cause it's only 5 months that I am on board...so this inadvertence has been a bit disturbing....

Thank you all guys, again

Warm hug

Glad.

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2016, 12:47:55 pm »
so this inadvertence has been a bit disturbing
quit beating yourself up over this. ;) You've got a once a day regimen and you remembered in less than 6 hrs (only a quarter of a day) and you still took your meds (on the same day). Your adherence rate is still 100%..... so there's really nothing to be disturbed about.
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Gladiator

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2016, 01:28:26 pm »
Leather thank for your second and definitive advice.

You guys are like angels for us new to all this, I will not forget how helpful you have been in this period for the rest of my life.

Again neverending thanks

:-*

Offline TheNormalLife

• Rules have changed; giving up is never an option
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2016, 01:27:46 am »
Doctor told me (and also the internet) that adherence means taking the pills daily, not at the exact same minute and second. It is desirable to take them at or around the same time as part of a consistent routine. I take mine between 11:30 pm and 12:00 am (that is a cushion of half an hour) and I do not ever turn the alarm off until I have taken them (sometimes I "snooze" the alarm 4 or 5 times).

I was reading that Truvada, for example, allows for a big margin and that in the remote case that one misses the dose for more than 12 hours it is recommended to just wait for the next one.

Have you seen the toothbrush covers? They make for excellent small pill containers to drop in the jeans pockets.

Ray.
09/14 Conversion
12/14 Diagnosed
12/14 CD4-6; VL-4245 (wrong CD4 test)
01/15 CD4-530 (pheeew)
01/15 CD4-755
03/15 CD4-545; VL-14401
04/15 CD4-623; VL-4531
04/15 Truvada/Efavirenz
07/15 CD4-595; VL-UD
08/15 CD4-763; VL-UD
11/15 CD4-581; VL-UD
03/16 CD4-523; VL-UD
07/16 CD4-655; VL-UD
09/16 CD4-820; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-544; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-669; VL-UD

Offline LiveWithIt

« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2016, 11:43:24 am »
It's not a big deal, same thing happened to me yesterday, I totally forgot to take mine that I take around 9am and remembered at 2 pm so I took them, today I took them at 10 am.  I set up a pill reminder on my smart phone, I had used it before, but then I turned it off, but now I realize I need it.

I've heard if you forget for like 12 hours later you can just skip the dose that day and take it the next at your regular time.  Or you can take it 12 hours later and then start again in 22 hours and adjust the time so you get back to your preferred time to take them.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2016, 11:45:41 am by LiveWithIt »
Pray God you can cope
I know you have a little life in you yet.
I know you have a lot of strength left.

Offline Gladiator

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 08:43:05 am »
Thank you so much guys, after I spoke with my doctor as wall. She said it's absolutely ok. Thanks again

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.