Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 08:19:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772947
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 339
Total: 340

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Thailand Red Cross to Pribta clinic & Acriptega (TLD)  (Read 7623 times)

Offline shizukav2

Thailand Red Cross to Pribta clinic & Acriptega (TLD)
« on: April 10, 2021, 03:59:43 am »
Update for 2021....

Did my yearly viral load test, and still undetectable - and was time for my visit to Dr Praphan and medication refill. I have been taking generic Atripla, bought from the Thai Red Cross.

Seems that the Thai Red Cross is now restricting issuing of medication - perhaps someeone else can confirm any (very) recent update of their experience with them... but my Doc has now moved his patients over to the Pribta Clinic.

https://ihri.org/pribta/

Also there has been some changes that allow a generic version of the TLD single pill -containing Dolutegravir/Lamivudine/Tenofovir Disoproxil Fumarate... this generic named Acriptega, and i'll be mvong over to it once my remaining Teevir(Atripla) is used up.

The change from the efavirenz in Atripla to the Dolutegravir in Acriptega is meant to have several advantages - stronger suppression, high barrier to resistance, less drug interactions and...
https://healthgap.org/six-advantages-of-dolutegravir/

So, all sounds good.

Went to the Pribta clinic today for a year supply, so 12x bottles of 30 = 1440 baht.

Very quick and helpful - probably due to so many having left Bangkok for Songkhran.

Is also easy to get to, as its on the 11th floor of the office tower at Chamchurri Square, which you can get to at Sam Yan MRT station.

Also noticed the 'Tangerine' clinic for transgender health issues is also there - ptretty sure I saw them at the Thai Red Cross previsouly and that they'd left last time I was at the Thai Red Cross clinic, so not sure what is going on there... if you go the TRCAC website most links are empty or just filler - check this out (!)
https://en.trcarc.org/office-hour/
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 04:10:54 am by shizukav2 »

Offline joemutt

Re: Thailand Red Cross to Pribta clinic & Acriptega (TLD)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 06:23:50 am »
something is changing there alright.
they stopped shipping meds to upcountry also, as well as abroad.
the latter I can understand; Chinese groups were bleeding them.

Offline Mindless

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2021, 07:05:34 am »
Hi,

just been at TRC last week for my regular 6 months blood test and I was actually surprised to find so few people there. Usually, the place is quite crowded, I've been going to TRC for the last 4 years and don't remember so few people on a Saturday. I thought maybe was for the recent Covid new wave in the news.

What do you mean by restricting issuing to medications? Honestly, nobody told me anything while I was there, nor did I see any warning/sign with information.

Their website has been on that poor condition for a very long time now, so I don't think that says much about recent changes.

I just switched to generic Dovato a few months ago and I'm satisfied, I really hope there are no restrictions or changes in the available meds. Anyways, the appointment with my hiv doc is just after Songkran, if there's any significant change at TRC he will know.
Dx Feb. 2018, CD 320, %14

- Atripla Feb/18 -->
- Complera (generic) 2019 -->
- Dovato (generic) 2021 -->

Offline shizukav2

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2021, 07:25:04 am »
I didn't ask if it's a restriction for only non-Thai - my Doc was also moving his Thai patients over to Pribta clinic.

Sounded a bit absurd - but maybe a result of the anonymous nature, except you'd still need to register for another anonymous id card at the Red Cross, and presumably get another prescription somehow to get multiple 'orders' of pills, so I don't see how it would be a big problem for masses of people somehow selling on medication (I wasn't aware they sold to outside Thailand, the in Thailand delivery option was a good step forward).

Pribta is excellent - you do have to register with an ID, so can't see any future issues with medication fraud or whatever...

Let us know what happens post Songkhran with your next refill if the Red Cross is still ok or not (and for 12 months rather than faffing around twice a year).

Offline Mindless

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2021, 06:28:54 am »
I didn't ask if it's a restriction for only non-Thai - my Doc was also moving his Thai patients over to Pribta clinic.

So, you're saying there's indeed a "restriction" in the access to meds?

Pribta is excellent - you do have to register with an ID, so can't see any future issues with medication fraud or whatever...

No way I'm going to register with a real id, at least not in Thailand.

Let us know what happens post Songkhran with your next refill if the Red Cross is still ok or not (and for 12 months rather than faffing around twice a year).

Sure I will

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline joemutt

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2021, 11:22:57 pm »

Seems that the Thai Red Cross is now restricting issuing of medication - perhaps someeone else can confirm any (very) recent update of their experience with them... it once my remaining Teevir(Atripla) is used up.

reconfirmed. from their reply Monday 12:

"cannot delivery  by  post  in  Thailand  and  Abroad  forever
sorry  for  the  inconvenience ".

Offline terrymoore

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 12:22:45 am »
Hi,
I was at TRC last week and received my 6months of meds no problems at all.
Maybe if you try to buy more than 6 months there is an issue. I take generic Complera (Rilpivirine + Ricovir Em).

Offline Mindless

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2021, 04:48:30 am »
Sorry, I'm late with my update on this.

I was at Thai Red Cross at the beginning of May and bought a 4 months supply of generic Dovato, no issues at all. I asked the pharmacy if they're having any meds stock issue and they replied all is fine.

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Offline wardp

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2021, 10:20:36 am »
I was at Thai red cross yesterday I had a prescription for 12 months.they gave me 6 months supply and told me to come back in march April for the the other six months which is ok.also for future reference is there a web price list for the pribta clinic has anyone been there lately?.do they require you to do test there before filling your prescription etc.?
Diagd 20,July 2017. Cd4 289, 21% vld .3,462  atripla 4/8/17, 5/10/17 cd4 384 21%, ud.  complera 4/11/2017 switched to stribild 15/11/17. Switched to truvada efavirence 200mgx2 14 Dec 2017, 2 Feb 2018, uD cd4  466, 25%  CD 8 ,595, 32%..1 may 2018
switched  to instgra truvada.7th june switched to truvada  nevirapine stavudine. .21 june switched to truvada nevirapine. X 2 a day...9 aug 2018 ud. 2n Nov 2018 CD 4. 455..22.70% 13th Nov switched  to lamivir and nevirapine  due to kidney issues...jan 10,2019 UD..may 13 2019 ud  cd4 482 28% 14th nov 2019 ud. Cd4 414 .27% cd8 444 29%,may 16 2020,ud ,cd4 741"19.62. Dec 2020.ud.jan21 cd4 453. 25.7% 5/6/21.UD. cd4 621;{27.21%}19/10/21 UD.cd4 420; 28%.apr 19;2022 UD cd4 455' 26%.oct 22,UD, cd4 381,27% 10/4.23 UD CD4 462 29%.2/10/23 cd4 378,28%

Offline nethan1621

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2022, 07:01:51 pm »
Sorry, I'm late with my update on this.

I was at Thai Red Cross at the beginning of May and bought a 4 months supply of generic Dovato, no issues at all. I asked the pharmacy if they're having any meds stock issue and they replied all is fine.

Whats the name of the generic Dovato in Thailand?

Offline Mindless

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2022, 02:35:55 am »
Whats the name of the generic Dovato in Thailand?

Hi Nethan,

It's a 2 pills version: generic DTG from Mylan + generic Lamivudine from GPO. Total cost for a 30+30 pills supply is less than 1000 thb.

Edit: BTW, I bought a 3 months supply at Thai Red Cross a couple of weeks ago and I didn't have any issue, as usual.

Hugs
« Last Edit: February 16, 2022, 02:42:27 am by Mindless »

- Atripla Feb/18 -->

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.