Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:41:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773199
  • Total Topics: 66336
  • Online Today: 568
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 534
Total: 537

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Arizona transmission charges  (Read 8660 times)

Offline tpatzol

• Standard
Arizona transmission charges
« on: January 07, 2018, 11:48:22 pm »
I need some help. I've heard some conflicting info on this topic.  Is it possible to get HIV from a positive male from giving a blow job? The blow job consists of swallowing sperm as well. 

I have read a few stories that think they got it from a blow job before.

So I need honest opinions here.

My fwb recently got infected. I've been with him for 7 years I need to determine of what I wanna do.

Yes I've given him a few blow jobs sense he was infected.

I need to add in their he isn't taking any medications for his HIV at all. Does this make a difference
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 12:09:44 am by tpatzol »

Offline tpatzol

• Standard
Re: Arizona transmission charges
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 10:02:08 pm »
I know someone that spread HIV to 2 people in Arizona.

I've looked up arizona laws & if I'm correct their isn't any.

For non disclosure in Arizona is a mistermeanor 2.

Also if he gets jail or prison time for this do they give u your hiv
Medications in jail or prison?

I hope I posted this in the right spot

Offline Expat1

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2018, 09:14:57 am »
No criminal statutes explicitly addressing HIV exposure.
There are no criminal statutes criminalizing HIV transmission or exposure in Arizona. However, in some
states, people living with HIV (PLHIV) have been prosecuted for HIV exposure under general criminal
laws, such as reckless endangerment and aggravated assault. At the time of publication, the authors
are not aware of any prosecution under general criminal laws on the basis of HIV status in Arizona.
https://www.hivlawandpolicy.org/sites/default/files/Arizona%20-%20Excerpt%20from%20CHLP%27s%20Sourcebook%20on%20HIV%20Criminalization%20in%20the%20U.S..pdf

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2018, 10:34:53 am »
I know someone that spread HIV to 2 people in Arizona.
can i ask how you know this? Does the person living with HIV have an undetectable viral load? If so, then they did not transmit/spread HIV. Have these 2 people had unprotected sex with anyone else? Then they could have been exposed to HIV through someone else by not protecting themselves. Were these 2 people ever tested prior to their possible exposure through this person? If not, they could have been infected some time ago
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2018, 11:29:36 am »
I merged your last 2 posts, gives it some context. 

Now were not going to discuss your largely non-existent risks in this thread or ongoing drama.  I say that to be absolutely clear from the start. I have in the past already had to trash some of your posts and I am tired of it, let that be clear.

As this is "Someone I care about" section and its about your friend? Lets keep the focus on that. My two cents on that topic and Ill be frank is your friend needs a friend, someone to talk to, support them and to help them start treatment.

What you need to understand is that the choices of HIV prevention method may be different per person such as Condoms, PrEP, TaSP or a combination and some people choose none at all. The latter being a daft choice but its one some people do make.

That is their choice, and whatever someones chooses its none of your business. If they agreed with your friend or with other people to have unprotected intercourse it is accepting the greater possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection and the risk of acquiring HIV.  You don't know for a fact what conversation they had beforehand or for a fact what acts they engaged in or how they did it.

So to be frank I don't think its any of your business what other people do in the bedroom and your friend does not need you calling the law on him, with your interfering accusations that's not helping.  You don't know for a fact who transmitted what to who or when and what conversations they had.

What your friend needs is a hug and someone to tell him if he needs help that they are here for him.

Jim

« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:48:50 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline tpatzol

• Standard
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 06:28:31 pm »
Actually it's my bf that has HIV.  He hid it from me for over 15 years.

He's been trying to have sex with me for the past 15 bit I refused thank God. 

Your telling me I shouldn't report him for trying to sleep with me?  While he hid it from me? I didn't want to get into specifics at the time. 

I threatened to call the cops on him for it trying to have sex  he's been begging me for the past 5 to 15 years & he tried to hurt me.

My bf was sleeping with the same guy I was sleeping with & I had no idea they were sleeping together that guy got HIV & I got blamed for it. My own bf blamed me for having HIV.  I didn't have it.

I send them to my Dr to check to make sure they have the same type of HIV he gave them. I'm so angry at my bf I could of caught it to. I think that's wrong for my bf to hide from me for 15 years. My bf blood work is where my Dr is at. 

What do u advise me to do as I'm not supposed to call the cops.  He intentionally gave it to them. Yes I know they chose not to use a condom.

I've been on this board for a very long time.  I understand the condom usage. Trust me I do. But with my bf hiding it from me for 15 years plus I have a big problem with that. I just found out a month ago. 

I'm pretty sure he's gave it to others to. I can't post no where else so I gotta post here. Sorry.

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to feel at the moment. If he would of been honest with me he had it I would not of cared. 

I'm HIV friendly. I really am it's just he wasn't honest with me. I caught him with a guy back in MN over 15 years ago be told me he got it from him.  He admits this after the fact.

Currently I am sleeping with some one that's HIV positive but he was honest with me that he had it. .  I think he caught it from my partner as well.  I had no idea these 2 were sleeping together either. I later found that out as well. 

I will keep u guys updated of what happens if he goes to jail or not.

Was he on meds at the time that he infected them that  I don't know. I just found out a month ago he had it but now admitted where he got it.

Please do not ban me. I'm just being honest.  As u see I'm not against HIV as I'm sleeping with someone that is but when someone isn't honest about it I have a issue exspectially when they try to physically hurt u. He's lucky I didn't call the cops on him for trying to harm me. 

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2018, 10:12:37 pm »
He's been trying to have sex with me for the past 15 bit I refused thank God. 

Why?

Its not who you do it with its how you do it. Condoms, PrEP, TaSP

Your telling me I shouldn't report him for trying to sleep with me?  While he hid it from me? I didn't want to get into specifics at the time. 

I try to sleep with people all the time. I however would not disclose unless it was finally on the table. Offering to have sex with someone is not a crime.

I've been on this board for a very long time.  I understand the condom usage. Trust me I do. But with my bf hiding it from me for 15 years plus I have a big problem with that. I just found out a month ago. 

Why? His HIV status is none of your business, you have not been sleeping with him so what's the issue? What possible reason would you have for needing to know?

I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to feel at the moment. If he would of been honest with me he had it I would not of cared. 

I'm HIV friendly. I really am it's just he wasn't honest with me. I caught him with a guy back in MN over 15 years ago be told me he got it from him.  He admits this after the fact.

I just don't get it. He has HIV its a medical issue and his business, you have no need or rights to know as a friend. How are you HIV friendly ?   

My bf was sleeping with the same guy I was sleeping with & I had no idea they were sleeping together that guy got HIV & I got blamed for it. My own bf blamed me for having HIV.  I didn't have it.

I send them to my Dr to check to make sure they have the same type of HIV he gave them. I'm so angry at my bf I could of caught it to. I think that's wrong for my bf to hide from me for 15 years. My bf blood work is where my Dr is at.   

I call bullshit, this makes no sense.

You found out a month ago 3 people you know have HIV so you sent two of them to the same doctor one of them uses? and they confirmed the same type of HIV, firstly same type is common there are only 2 main types of HIV so that means nothing, its not proof of anything and your doctor would not disclose even that.

Your doctor certainly would not run your 2 other friends HIV stains and do a phylogenetic analysis against someone else under their care, in this case the 3rd friend, and than match up the stains. Neither would they disclose the information directly to you or your 2 other friends even if this level of investigatory analysis had been done. Not if they want to keep practising medicine and avoid possible jail time & financial claims themselves.

Your friends have HIV. I have friends with HIV, they did not get it from me and yeah I disclosed before having sex with them not that it matters. 

The issue here is you are angry, angry about nothing and you have some issues that your friend did not tell you his status when there was no need for you to know and so nothing to be angry about. 

What do u advise me to do as I'm not supposed to call the cops.  He intentionally gave it to them. Yes I know they chose not to use a condom.

So far its drama based on nothing, so do nothing. Stick to your own business and move on with your life.

Your friends are sexual active and acquired HIV, big shock I don't think so.
The source is not known, you might think its know, but what you think is not a fact.

If your friends who acquired HIV feel the need to report their concerns,  it would be up to them not you. They know what was told to them and who they have been sleeping with, you don't know these things for a fact.

Jim
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 11:02:30 pm by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline tpatzol

• Standard
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2018, 12:10:30 am »
Here's the problem I've been with my bf for 22 years. I was sleeping with him that's what your not understanding. I started at 17 and quit at 23. I caught him sleeping with someone else. That's y I stopped sleeping with him. Of course I'm angry at him for not being honest. If I would of kept sleeping with him I would of caught it.

Yes his drs records are at the same drs office as mine. Then if the Dr don't get the records the courts will.

I understand your concerns as well.

Online Jim Allen

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 12:22:04 am »
Here's the problem I've been with my bf for 22 years. I was sleeping with him that's what your not understanding. I started at 17 and quit at 23. I caught him sleeping with someone else. That's y I stopped sleeping with him.

Its not a problem. There is actually no issue, you said yourself you have not been sleeping with him and so he does not need to disclose his private medical issues to you.

He acquired HIV 15 years ago, has not had sex with you since so its simply none of your business. 

See below:

Actually it's my bf that has HIV.  He hid it from me for over 15 years. He's been trying to have sex with me for the past 15 bit I refused thank God. 

I caught him with a guy back in MN over 15 years ago be told me he got it from him.  He admits this after the fact.

Yes his drs records are at the same drs office as mine. Then if the Dr don't get the records the courts will.

Medical records maybe, but that is a far cry from performing phylogenetic analysis and investigation of the 2 friends strains vs a 3rd person (3rd friend). They could compare your primary or local doctors notes all day long it would not hold this information.  Also even if they had that information going back to your earlier claims  they simply don't they would not disclose the details of the source information to you or your friends.

My advice is move on with your life.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 12:58:37 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline CaveyUK

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 07:52:29 am »
Agree with Jim on all this.

It's hard to follow, but I think you are saying that you don't have HIV, despite having both a partner and fuckbuddy who are positive.  You are mad at your boyfriend, who you don't sleep with, at not telling you he contracted HIV 15 years ago and you are assuming that your fuckbuddy contracted HIV from having sex with your boyfriend at some point in the past, so you want to nail your bf legally for either 1. spreading the virus to your fuckbuddy and/or 2. Trying to have sex with you over the last 15 years.

If thats all correct, my points would be :

1. It's not illegal to want to have sex with someone, especially when that person is in a relationship.

2. You are making an assumption your bf spread the virus to your other friend, which really is none of your business, even if true.

3. As this whole thing stretches back 15+ years, I doubt any offence would be within the statue of limitations for Arizona anyway (which I think is 7yrs), so it's unlikely there would be any prosecution.

4. Why the hell is your bf still with you if you don't have a sexual relationship? Even more so that he clearly wants it and you are seemingly getting sex elsewhere?

5. As you are not monogamous and are still seeing two men, ensure you use a condom for sex with either of them.

6. If you are not interested in sex with your bf, then break off the relationship for both of your sakes. Certainly do not try to get him arrested to achieve the same thing, which probably wouldn't work anyway.

7. If you want to do a really good and positive thing, encourage both your bf and your bit on the side to ensure they take their medication religiously, and educate them about things like TasP and the current good outlook for people who are adherent to meds.
HIV - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here:
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 10:11:56 am »
tpatzol - maybe you should consider removing your self from a relationship where there is no sex, and dishonesty on top of that.   

It's a bit hard to follow your story.

Why not make sure you don't have HIV, and move on. Go out and find a bf where you BOTH want to have sex with each other, and where you feel there is trust. 

I once dated a guy for a few years in the 80s who lied to me about being HIV+.  I asked him many times. He knew. He lied.  But we followed safe sex.  I didn't get HIV until 15 years after that.  But anyway, I broke up that relation because of the lying.  About 10 years ago, we met a few times and he apologised from the bottom of his heart and I forgave him so eventually these things can work out. I mean we are just casual friends now, but at least that bad love and sex experience between us is done and dusted.
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.