Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 06:08:00 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37614
  • Latest: bondann
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772952
  • Total Topics: 66311
  • Online Today: 741
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 486
Total: 488

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Egrifta or Not??  (Read 8354 times)

Offline TnMan62

Egrifta or Not??
« on: August 06, 2013, 09:09:42 pm »
I am debating whether to start Egrifta injections, but, am a bit unsure. Any thoughts/pros or cons from anyone who is using it? Or, has used it?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Egrifta or Not??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:30:21 pm »
I am debating whether to start Egrifta injections, but, am a bit unsure. Any thoughts/pros or cons from anyone who is using it? Or, has used it?

I was talking to an endocrinologist who's specialty is working with HIV patients . She told me that she will not prescribe it anymore because in her experience it doesn't work very well and only works as well as it does while your taking it and you revert right back to where you started . She said the drug does not justify the expense for such a little impact on belly fat .

I sure you will get some positive reviews but that's the info I have to offer . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline Tool man

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 08:46:56 am »
My 65 year old husband has been on Atripla for two years and recently has grown a tummy. Our research shows that it helps only a small percentage of patients loose belly fat.
I don't believe he has lipodystrophy, but he thinks he does and he bought egrifta on line and I inject him every night with 2mg sub-Q.
Giving abdominal injections is not fun for me and it makes bruises when I do it.
At his age, his body probably produces no HGH and the egrifta is a precursor to HGH, he is experiencing an increase in his libido. The stomach is still there but he is now horny. He says he is happy for the Egrifta, who am I to say otherwise?

TM
Like I tell my husband, "I would agree with you but then we would both be wrong."

Offline pozniceguy

• Niceguy Dallas
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 05:02:35 pm »
I  have been using Egrifta  for  several years  it  does  work  for me..went  from  hard  Half  watermelon belly  to  a mostly  flat normal  surface...  yes  you do have to  keep  using it  or  it  will go back  eventually to  where you started ... I have  taken  as much as 2 weeks  "holiday"   and  found no noticeable  change  tho..

getting "bruises"  means  need  help  with injection technique   should not  Bruise   if  done  properly

the  full study  has  demonstrated  more  than   50%   effectiveness  and  closer  to  70%  partial  efectiveness

some  people are  prone to  diabetes  and  this  may compound  that  risk

remember the good times...honor the past but don't live there
Le stelle la notte sono grandie luminose, nel cuore profondo del Texas

Offline Woofmuscle

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2014, 10:56:22 pm »
Has anyone had a reaction to Egrifta, such as a sore throat? No other symptoms...just a sore throat?

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2014, 11:02:22 pm »
Hi Woof ... Welcome to the forums .... how about an introduction and tell us a little about yourself . 
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.