Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 05:35:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773178
  • Total Topics: 66333
  • Online Today: 335
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 282
Total: 285

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sex when AIDS  (Read 3459 times)

Offline egello

• cb
Sex when AIDS
« on: February 09, 2007, 01:54:04 am »
Is is ok to have condom worn anal intercourse when you have AIDS diagonosis? Sex including kssing, no condom oral and etc...
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline Coffeechick88

Re: Sex when AIDS
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 08:12:24 am »
You should always, always wear a condom during intercourse.  As for protected vs unprotected oral--that is something you and your partner should decide, because people are comfortable with different things.
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline bravebuddharich

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 08:13:55 am »
Hey, I have no idea what's "O.K." - i only know what i do: I wear a condom during anal sex, and I kiss, suck, do other things, too. I have to be careful around the issue of rimming. I got a parasite, perhaps through rimming a year or so ago. I really like being rimmed, but I'm not doing it, enjoying other things, because I'm afraid it might be a problem for my partners. As for rimming before f-ing, I've been staying away from that activity - can't say I "enjoy" it so much as it's a prelude for what I really like!!

Over the years, I've read and heard so many contradictory things about what safety exactly is for us. I decided to just do my best with it, and try hard not to get quite so caught up in the moment that I do foolish things.

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 01:31:28 pm »
well, i mean before your cd4 count goes up to 200 mark

Offline marco23

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 01:41:45 pm »
I love sex...condoms, never leave home without em! ALWAYS have safe sex but the way I see it is...use your common sense. You know what's right or wrong.
Don't hide your hurt, pain and feelings inside..for they will harden your heart.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:31 pm »
egello, if I wait till my CD4 goes up to 200 then I may wait my life time. It will be two years come April that my CD4s crashed. I was a LTNP and have been positive since 1984. My CD4 haven't managed to get above the 200 mark and stay. They are now at 57. If I waited, it my be at the end of my life time. Just make sure you use protection and plenty of water base lube. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2007, 01:52:01 pm »
egello,

Safer sex guidelines do NOT change when a person gets an AIDS diagnosis. They are the same for anyone who is hiv positive. The main thing to remember is to make sure condoms are being used for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2007, 02:08:19 pm »
but are there something from saliva (germs, bacteria dn virusese) that should raise concern for someone with close to no immune system?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2007, 02:35:47 pm »
egello,

You should be alright as long as the person you are kissing doesn't have a cold or flu. Most of the OIs aren't really things that are transmitted by ordinary contact like kissing. You are going to get the occasional cold or flu just like anyone, but these things don't normally have anything other than a temporary influence on CD4s or VLs.

You should be on bactrim or similar with your CD4 count. Are you? You only mention your hiv meds.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2007, 02:38:02 pm »
By the way, with your CD4 count it will be important to be careful with foods. There's a few threads around that address this issue and I'll see if I can dig one or two up for you.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 03:35:30 pm »
wait,,, few other questions

however, i never ever got flu or cold for about ten years since quitting smoking.

so does low cd4 count only effect how easily your body can succom to OIs and not colds or flues or other viruses or things that might be in people's saliva?

I read some of those food thread, but why with food but why not with saliva?

Yes, I am on whole bunch of prohylaxis

Thanks

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.