Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:18:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 571
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 541
Total: 541

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: hiv worries  (Read 6617 times)

Offline feeling terriable

hiv worries
« on: November 13, 2007, 04:19:03 pm »
 ok here goes first off i want 2 say thnx 4 a good site
Now here is my situationiam 37 yrs old married 2 kids me and a buddie went 2 a strip club the last part of aug 2007 i got a lap dance by a stipper/prostitute i thought she was just a stripper till she offered oral sex and i accepted it lasted about 10 mins she was also masterbating me on and off between the BJ i would consider it kinda a ruff BJ and hand job i didnt finger her but did rub her clit i had a bleeding hang nail about 40 mins prior 2 the encounter but not sure if it was the finger i used or not. When the hand job would get kinda dry she would lick her hand or go down on me again 2 get it wet again. When the encounter first started she also slid my johnson between her titts kinda ruff 1 time.
 I had been using anabolic steriods for about a month or 3 weeks before this happened [500 mgs test e 300 mgs eq every week and 20 mgs dbol daily] the reason i throw the steriods in the mix is cause iam wondering if they could have lowered my immune system and made me more sucetable to contract the virus.
 Sorry for jumping around here just trying 2 remember 2 get everything in later that eveing[ after the BJ/ hand job]  i noticed a little red itchy bump on the base of my penis it really freaked me out it might have got a little white dot in the middle of it at about day 2 or 3 [like a pimple ] i never squeezed it or anything and was gone within a week or less but i was still freaked out went 2 the DR showed it 2 her she said it might be nothing or HSV1 wich i have had [HSVI] since i was about 19 or 20 [cold sores on my lips].
 I went 2 the DR 4  days after the exposure and told her i wanted tested for everthing and i think i was tested for GON,CHLOMIDIA, SYPHLIS, HIV ,HSV1 AND 2 , AND HEP C all came back neg except the HSV1 WICH NOW I KNOW NONE OF IT REALLY MEANS ANYTHING. Has anyone ever tested + that soon after exposure?

I have been really anxious, nervous , depressed thinking i have hiv so many things gone threw my head, how will i provide 4 my family if i have this the embarresmant to them how would i afford the meds so many things

Some of the symptoms i have had include night sweats loss of appetite dry cough , 2 colds in the last 2 to 2 and a half months both starting with a sore throat this last cold i have now i had a cold sore outbreak on my lip worse than i have had in about 4 or 5 yrs swollen tonsils before the cold and chest congestion set in wich i had read could be caused by an impaired immune function, periods of my stomach growling and burping , a light pink blotch on my biceps i know alot of these symptoms are probably cause by the stress iam putting myself under but what about the others the cols fever blister outbreak also had some low back pains and ear pains about 3 weeks after exposure i also thought i had a stomach virus wich it might have been no vomiting just feeling nausea for actually the naseua has come and gone the whole time  i also wonder if i could have got poked with a bad needle at the DR's office like i say so many things gone threw my head so i guess iam just asking 4 sugestions i have been waiting 2 test again at 13 weeks but that will be thanksgiving week can i test now but if its + that will reall ruin thanksgiving and what about the home tests the give results in mins are they accurate? please help me guys

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
Re: hiv worries
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 04:31:45 pm »
The bottom line in all of this is that none of the activities which you have described were in any way risks for HIV transmission. No one has ever become infected by getting a blowjob and you aren't going to make history by becoming the first. All the rest of the fingering, touching, tasting and whatever are absolutely not risks.

If you decide to re-test for your peace of mind a negative HIV result is a slam dunk.

As for your white dot and any other symptoms, that's something to discuss with your doctor.

You're a dawg like a lot of us and you went wandering. You can't undo that. See it, accept it, take a breath and let it go.

This is NOT and HIV situation. Period.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 04:32:32 pm »
oh and incase yr wondering about the steriods i have never shared a needle with anyone and the Bj/hand job was unprotected  i forgot 2 put that in there and what if her gums were bleeding really bad or she had a fever blister that was bleeding or oozing i never noticed any of that but what if?

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 04:43:29 pm »
Andy thank you so much for yr reply. but did you read the steriod part and doesnt that put me at a greater risk than someone else and also what if her gums were bleeding really bad or she had a bleeding oozing cold sore does that increase the risks?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 05:15:31 pm »
None of those things changes the fact that you were not at any risk of contracting HIV.

Please take the time to read our Welcome Thread and follow the links to our Lessons to learn more about how HIV is and is not transmitted.

MtD

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 05:18:41 pm »
Matty thank you so much for yr reply

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2007, 06:58:56 pm »
Oozing gums, steroids, etc. No, none of it make any difference. You weren't at risk so just on with your life.

And remember to keep condoms handy and use them everytime you have intercourse. No exceptions.
Andy Velez

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2007, 09:54:11 pm »
Andy thank you again for yr reply and no need for condoms here cause the only person i sleep with from here on out is my wife ive learned my lesson.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 08:42:36 am »
OK. That's a plan. 

I only mentioned the condom use as a caution reminder. It was not meant to encourage any further "extra-curricular activities" on your part.

Good luck to you.
Andy Velez

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2007, 08:38:40 pm »
ok guys iam back and feeling really really scared and nervous woke up thismorning with a slight upset stomach as the day progressed i got diareha [sorry for the spelling ]  and had about 4 or 5 bouts of that.  havnt ate anything  todayi was feeling really confident about testing this monday now iam really nervous and scared . i also got a little bit of stomach upset and naseau last sunday and had 1 bought of dirreha that day also but that come and went quick on sunday. guys i am , was the type of guy that never got sick the wife and kids would get double boughts of colds and stomach viruses and i would never get them. what gives? i know my nerves freak me out alot but iam beginning 2 think there is something 2 this especially after livelifetofullest let me list my risks again.  also have been having weird headaches the last 3 or 4 days

1: unprotected bj and handjob from a prostitute it was kinda rough in my opinion is it possable that she knew she was infected and intintially bit her jaw or tongoue 2try and infect me i know it sounds crazy.  how much blood would it take? i never noticed any but who knows it was dark

2: gave blood at the clinic 2 be tested after the 4 day exposure how much of a risk is this i just saw were 600 and some odd people were at risk 4 a DR reusing needles , or maybe even the dr or nurse trying 2 infect me  again i know how crazy it sounds

3: as i stated early about the steriods. the 10 ml vials were sealed but what about loading hiv in the vials by the chemist that made the steriods i know that sounds really crazy but could the virus live that way in a sealed sterile vial with the oil? and what about the steriods lowering my immune system putting me at furhter risk from the bj?

out of all these risks i would say the bj and hand job is the most risky guys please chime in with yr thoughts and ideas when i say guys i mean ann 2

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2007, 08:49:24 pm »
Whoaaaaaaa!

Your mind is going crazy here and none of your fears have any basis whatsoever in HIV science.

None. Zero.

You were not at risk for HIV transmission.

You were obviously at serious risk for catching a heavy case of guilt. And you definitely caught the guilt. You're  a dog like a lot of us have been and you went straying. You can't undo that. But you were not at risk for HIV. So you need to take a good deep breath, let it go and get on with your life.

If you have symptoms that both you then you should discuss them with your doctor.

Stop wasting your time and ours by coming up with more of those "but wait a minute, what about this" stuff. This is NOT an  HIV situation. Period. End of story. Really.
Andy Velez

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2007, 10:07:32 pm »
Andy thank you for your fast reply. do you think it is possiable that my nerves anxiety and guilt are causing all these things? i know stress can do alot of bad things. but this week was gone great til today the kids were out of school all week me and the wife both took off all week of work had a great thanksgiving, i never really noticed any stress this week  and boom woke thismorning feeling like crap then all the worries start all over again wow what a roller coaster ride i just hope i can work my courage up 2 test on monday i was looking forward 2 testing earlier in the week and feeling really confident about it but now its not the case .  anyway i will quit rambling 4 now and thnx again ANDY

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 08:10:46 am »
I am not going to be foolish enough to speculate on what has caused your symptoms. I can with confidence based on what you have reported say they have nothing to do with HIV.

You know, even though you are thinking of this as such a happy week and wondering whether stress could still be causing anything, the mind and body connection is not simply turned off and on like water from a faucet. I daresay you have had this underlying concern about HIV cooking in you. Stress, however subtle, is a powerful means of knocking down the immune system.

In any case this is all moot. Get tested and collect your inevitable negative result. If your symptoms persist discuss them with your doctor.

This is STILL not an HIV situation.

Really. 
Andy Velez

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2007, 01:51:54 pm »
 ANDY thank you again for your words of encouragement they really do help  ALOT.  What u have said on yr last reply def makes alot more sense than what goes threw my crazy, stressed mind.  Sometimes when i really think about the situation i think there is hardly a chance that i could have gotten HIV this way but then soon after that all the "what if's" start. i just pray that i can get out of this rutt very soon and get on with my life and thnx again ANDY

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2007, 07:00:35 pm »
You're welcome. When you find your mind going cuckoo again just take some deep slow breaths in and out and focus on something else. It really helps. 
Andy Velez

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2007, 01:06:13 pm »
 OK just here 2 thank ANDY and the whole staff here, during the tough times i was facing i was always able 2 come here 4 words of encouragement and just basically set my mind at ease for the most part that helped so so much.  The DR's office called 2day and told me my blood was neg,

Keep up the great work u guys do great things here

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.