Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:36:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772946
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 441
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 352
Total: 353

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 3 NEWS: Last counts, Caos at the hospital, Death of Felix“s father:  (Read 2687 times)

Offline blondbeauty

Today I received my last counts. The total CD4 count has increased up to 925, but the percentage has decreased from 43% to 37%. Maybe its because I had two vaccinations 20 days before the test: Haemofilus Influenziae and Tetanus and Diphtheria (for the second time).
The viral load was unavailable and there was a note from the lab apologising for that that said: Due to a technical problem with the viral load test equipment, your blood sample was spoiled.
So I am supposed to go tomorrow again to have a new viral load test. But I am not going. I have a day off and prefer to stay in bed till late in the morning. I have not had any risky behaviours to become superinfected and I have never missed a dose of my meds.
That hospital is a disaster and it will be definitely closed in September. I have an appointment there in September to have my blood drawn, but they could not give me an appointment for my Dr. They don't know how or when they will contact me to arrange the next appointment or where is it going to be...They only asked me to check if my address was correct and to give 3 phone numbers...
After leaving my hospital Felix called to tell me his father was at the intensive care unit of the 12 de Octubre Hospital. He received a shot 2 and half years ago and was living with no pancreas, a small portion of his liver, etc. A valve of his heart had to be replaced last week. Today he was feeling very well till 11 am. But suddenly something happened. Drs believe the valve detached from its proper location. But nobody knows. The family did not allow the hospital to do an autopsy. 
I have just arrived from the funeral home. It was like a scene from Fellini. I don“t know if you have ever been to a Spanish funeral home. The body is exposed in its coffin behind a window with all the flowers, crowns, etc, and a big cross behind the coffin. The lightning and everything is surrealist.
Felix's tropism test arrived a few days ago and Maraviroc has been discontinued because it was doing nothing.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:21:05 pm by blondbeauty »
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.
Epstein Barr +; CMV +; Toxoplasmosis +; HIV-1 +.
Counts when starting treatment:
V.L.:80.200 copies. CD4: 25%=503
Started Sustiva-Truvada 14/August/2006
Last V.L.count (Oct 2013): Undetectable
Last CD4 count (OCT 2013): 52%= 933

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
Hey blondbeauty,

My condolences on the loss of Felix's father.  My father passed away this past March; it's a difficult time and I wish you and Felix some peace.   Sorry about the results of Felix's tropism test also.  I hope they find something that works.

Your CD4 count is (as you know) excellent and your percentage is still really good.  I hope you get things straightened out with your appointment time.  Good luck.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline blondbeauty

Thank you Betty. I am sure Felix will do well on his new treatment despite the failure of Maraviroc. At least he is taking one less pill.
The only member in these forums approved by WINBA: World International Nail and Beauty Association.

Offline Iggy

I'm very sorry to read all that has happened recently though hope Felix's new treatment will help him.

My sincere condolences to Felix and you for his father's passing.

You guys are in my thoughts.

Offline blondbeauty

Thank you Iggy. I have not spoken to him today. I arrived home yesterday at 01.00 am. It was a long day. If I am tired, I can imagine how Felix“s family must be. The husband of Felix“s sister and I had to get the death certificate,  choose the funeral home, and do all the arrangements, drive from the hospital to his house several times to get documents, Felix“s pills, etc. We were unable to eat anything till 19.00 during a gap when the body was taken from the hospital to the funeral home. Fortunately I was able to sleep well.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 03:26:51 pm by blondbeauty »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.