Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:15:27 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 651
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 620
Total: 621

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cold Weather  (Read 2363 times)

Offline tryingtostay

Cold Weather
« on: December 18, 2015, 06:28:24 pm »
Anyone get extremely exhausted from the cold weather?  Today I ran out side to check my electric meter, then ran to the mail box to check for mail and when i got in within 5 minutes I was knocked flat on my butt.  30*F with a real feel of ~ 24*f.  I wasn't even outside for 5 minutes.  Had on double layered pants, 2 shirts, an undershirt, a sweatshirt, scarf, and knit hat.  A layer or two shy of Ralphy from A Christmas Story

???

Offline wolfter

Re: Cold Weather
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 08:02:28 pm »
I sorta wish I was in this group.  I'm the exact opposite.  I wore a tank top today in Ohio in December.  :)  My brother is temporarily staying with me due to unwedded bliss and he keeps changing my thermostat.  I have no idea how anyone can sleep in such conditions.

I've done everything to be a gracious host including not having the register vent open in my bedroom, cracking the window, and having the ceiling fan on and am still waking up sweating.  Thinking about putting one of those lock boxes on the stat like we have at work with only me having the key.
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 08:25:51 pm »
I don't know what it is.  I use to be able to put a 40hr work week in during -5*f temps outside, doing outside work.  Hard type work. 

fml

Offline wolfter

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 08:55:18 pm »
I've only have a few friends in my realm.  They're all straight negative women.  :)    When finishing shopping this evening, we stopped for a bunch of cocktails.  I only wore my tank and enjoyed shivering.  Only cause I knew how hot it was going to be once going back inside
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 10:53:15 am »
It's been unusually warm in southwestern Michigan.  Though I do not share Greg's amazing body heat, I don't like to be too hot either.  It's been cold the past couple days, temps in the 30's, but today it's supposed to be in the 40's, by Wednesday almost 60. 

The cold air does make me tired if I'm out in it for a while, probably lack of oxygen. I smoked over 30 years, I'm sure that effects how I take in oxygen in the cold (and hot).

Betty 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Condom and Lube Info https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/safer-sex
Please check out our lessons on PEP and PrEP. https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/pep-prep

https://www.poz.com/basics/hiv-basics/treatmentasprevention-tasp

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 11:28:52 am »
Been unusually warm here in the Northeast too .
Temps have been ranging in the 40s and 50s. Will be close to 60 by Christmas .
I'm still wearing shorts and sweatshirts.

Long range predictions are no really cold weather till February , fine by me.
We have been below freezing only a few nights so far.

My bedroom window is always open, heat rises so it stays about 65 upstairs.
I can't tolerate the heat anymore especially if I'm sleeping.
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 01:11:48 pm »
This year has been crazy. Most of December has been record warmth. Last January we had record cold and snowfall, and now it's like the warmest December in years.

I am extremely hot natured, I like it cold inside, can't stand a hot room. I've been known to run my AC in November or December if it's the least bit warm outside. This year I've been running the AC a lot at night because it's been in the 50s & 60s outside. I can't sleep in a room the least bit warm or stuffy it has to be cold. I like being able to relax and feel comfortable under the sheets & have the room cold, I love that.

Apparently much of this unseasonable warmth is due to a strong El Nino in the Pacific. The warmest christmas in this state ever was in 1982 when it was like 70 degrees on christmas day. It's going to be in the 60s this week. So may come close.

I don't mind cold temps outside as long as there's no snow and ice, I hate them. I probably should move somewhere like Arizona, because I like it warm, dry and sunny all the time, and I detest the smell of grass & despise mowing grass. The southwest is beautiful country.
"I survived because I was tougher than anybody else".--Bette Davis

Atripla
2010-2015

Stribild
2015-2016

Genvoya
2016-

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 01:31:44 pm »
although we've had a couple of nights in the low 30s, it's going to be in the upper 70s for Christmas here in the Carolinas, and I couldn't be happier. For one thing, it's certainly been a lot easier moving into my boyfriend's house in the mild, sunny weather. For another, it means if things keep going at this rate, I won't have to wait as long as usual to be back in the pool.  :D
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.