Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773300
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 698
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 690
Total: 690

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Shingles # 6  (Read 4360 times)

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
Shingles # 6
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:28:36 am »
I said it the other day I thought I was getting shingles again it,s 4:00am an I have a spot on my right shoulder that burns like Hell an you would know have no Valtrex in all the medicine,s I have on hand have it seems everything else. Thank God I have a doctor appointment 03-11-09 its wait for appointment or go to emergency room.My outer half had to go to work at 4:30 am an wanted to drop me off on the way to work.I said I will wait till tomorrow.So the only other thing I can do is take pain medicine on to hold on.Like everything else what don,t kill you only make you stronger.I am a strong believer that God only gives you what you can handle but sometimes I wonder???Lets put it this way it hurts so bad I am in tears. :'(
Dwayne 20 (Scooter)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Shingles # 6
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 06:37:03 am »

Sorry to hear that your going through all this.  If it was me, I would call the doctor first thing in the morning, and tell him that it's "URGENT" that  you get in there right away. You can't let this go on.
If not then get yourself to the emergency room.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:04:32 am »
Your right. Thanks!!!
Dwayn20 (Scooter)

Offline RWR

• if You think You can’t you can’t
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2009, 12:20:56 pm »
When i got singles Dwayn about a year ago i did not know what was happening.  i got to the Doctor alittle late.  They were on my right butt and side to this day it is still numb.  Once in a while i get a shooting pain there. Glad Your seeing the Doctor
Hiv+ 1986

Bobby

Offline Dwayn20

• dbscooter0@gmail.com
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2009, 07:38:00 pm »
Saw the nurse today an she gave me a few prescriptions for the shingles #1 Acyclovir 800 mg 5xs a day which is normal an prescription for the pain also an changed my cholesterol med to Tricor.The best news of the day my T-Cell are up to 303 V-Load Undetectable so I no longer have to take Mepron which is nasty.She will order the testosterone test on 2/18/09 so other then the shingles it was a pretty good day.!!! Dwayn20 (Scooter)

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2009, 07:48:04 pm »
The best news of the day my T-Cell are up to 303 V-Load Undetectable so I no longer have to take Mepron which is nasty

Thats Great news !! Although I was never on Mepron ( I was on Dapsone) ,  it's nice to be able to get off some off the medications. Especially the antibiotics. Hopefully you'll get through this bout of shingles pretty fast !!

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

UPDATED: As of April, 2nd 2024,Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @593 /  CD4 % @ 18 %

Lymphocytes,total-3305 (within range)

cd4/cd8 ratio -0.31

cd8 %-57

72 YEARS YOUNG

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.