Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 10:03:20 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772787
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 208
Total: 209

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Do I Have HIV?

Welcome to the "Do I Have HIV?" POZ forum.

This special section of the POZ forum is for individuals who have concerns about whether or not they are HIV positive. Individuals are permitted to post up to three questions or responses in this forum.

Ongoing participation in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum (posting more than three questions or responses) requires a paid subscription, with secure payments made via PayPal.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There is no charge to read threads in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the other POZ forums. In addition, the POZ Basics "HIV Transmission and Risks" and "HIV Testing" basics, will remain accessible to all.

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Do I Have HIV?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Do I Have HIV?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: one question  (Read 13919 times)

Offline scaredboy

one question
« on: January 10, 2007, 09:22:53 pm »
If I was infected with HIV and im uncircumcized, would my foreskin be diffrent color? lets say when i fold it down, it's red...is that common with ppl with HIV? or is this not hiv related at all?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 06:34:33 pm by scaredboy »

Offline Coffeechick88

Re: Scared..Need some informations.
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2007, 11:31:47 pm »
Rather than worrying about symptoms, a visit to the doctor for a full STD screen is needed.  Since it has been a year, you are well past the 3 month mark, so an HIV test will be definitive in the results.  You should not zero in on HIV--there are many more things much easier to get. 
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2007, 11:45:47 pm »
why do you mean i should not zero in on HIV?..i tested but havent got the results back yet. just really nervous about the results. how hard is it to get HIV?

Offline Coffeechick88

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 08:13:46 am »
By saying don't zero in on HIV I mean that HIV isn't the only thing you should test for.  Your first post said you didn't get tested by the way.  Anyhow, HIV is not the easiest thing you can get--Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Syphilis, etc are all much easier to get.  Assuming either of the girls is even positive for HIV--it still isn't as easily transmitted from female to male as it is from male to female.  It isn't impossible to get, though.  There are many studies that throw out estimated risks, but statistics really aren't helpful in the long run.  There are many factors that come into play that can increase or decrease risk.  The important thing is that you get tested for ALL STDs.  As for symptoms you described, symptoms are useless when it comes to HIV.  The best thing for that is to go to a doctor for your concerns so that he/she can diagnose you face to face.

« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 08:22:43 am by Coffeechick88 »
Lucas James is here
Born 6-14-08 at 1233 am
8 lbs 14 oz, 22 in long

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2007, 08:15:15 am »
OK. First of all you have no business ever having unprotected intercourse unless you're in a securely monogamous relationship in which both partners have tested negative together. Everytime you have unprotected intercourse you are putting your life at risk. It's as stark and as simple as that. So you need right now and from here on in to get a supply of latex condoms and use them. Everytime. No exceptions no matter what you think you know about whomever you are with.

Now, as to your risk in relation to those past incidents, HIV is not an easy virus to transmit. It is significantly more difficult to accomplish from female to male, and even more so if the guy is circumcised. But low risk is not the same as no risk as all too many men can attest to.

The reason for having a full STD panel if you're sexually active is because other STDs are much easier to acquire than HIV. It's a good idea to have a full panel done regularly -- at least annually and every six months is even better.

Hopefully you will scoot by safely this time in relation to HIV.But you can't count on that always being the case. So get into the habit of using condoms. No kidding.

And if you are having symptoms in relation to your penis, that's something you should be disucssing with your doctor.

Good luck with your test.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 11:51:22 am »
Andy,

You said "It is significantly more difficult to accomplish from female to male, and even more so if the guy is circumcised."

Im sorry but i didn't quite understand what your saying.

So is it harder for a guy to get HIV from a girl?

If the guys is circumcised, it's easier for them to get HIV or is it the other way around?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2007, 12:02:43 pm »
1. Yes, it is much harder for a guy to get HIV from a woman than the other way around. It's a matter of a more accessible and receptive physical setting in the vagina than via the man's urethra.

2. The foreskin of an uncircumcised man provides another means of transmission so yes, an uncircumcised man is potentially at greater risk.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2007, 12:06:14 pm »
Thanks Andy, Chik88  ;)

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 12:09:27 pm »
oh man, i forgot one more thing.

i recently developed the white stuff on my tongue and my mouth has been dry...is that a symptom of HIV at all?..i researched online and all of them said oral thrush was a very common symptom. Can you mods clarify this for me  :(

PS* i know symptoms cant really tell if it's HIV or not but I am wondering.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 12:12:38 pm »
Thrush is not a specific symptom to HIV.

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 12:17:42 pm »
Thanks for the fast reply Rapid ;D

Offline scaredboy

To all mods.
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2007, 01:20:19 pm »
 Everyone here who is scared has list symptoms of HIV. These HIV symptoms are found on medical websites and such. I have seen some people list some the the symptoms given from other websites, and I have also seen people list all the symptoms giving from another website.

My question is, ppl who listed those symptoms, why do you guys say it's not a HIV symptom?

Question 2 is : what exactly is listed as an HIV symptom.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
Re: To all mods.
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2007, 01:48:35 pm »
scared,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep all your additional thoughts or questions in one thread.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

The symptoms listed on other websites are very general symptoms and could be indicative of many different illnesses. Symptoms or the lack of symptoms mean absolutely nothing when it comes to hiv infection. Some people become so ill they have to be admitted to hospital, while others notice nothing at all. No two people ever have the exact same seroconversion illness symptoms. There is NO point in talking about symptoms, because even the best hiv doctor in the world cannot diagnose hiv through symptoms alone. ONLY testing will reveal a person's hiv status with accuracy.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection. Sex with a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredboy

lymph nodes
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:16 am »
what causes them?..syphillis cause them?

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: lymph nodes
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 08:24:31 am »
scared,

This is the second time I've had to merge your threads. Please read the Welcome thread and get with the program.

Swollen lymph nodes can be caused by ANY infection in the body. They can also be caused by constantly touching, poking and prodding them to see if they're swollen. Keep your hands off them and if you are conerned about them, see your doctor.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline scaredboy

Re: Red on penis after sex
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2007, 12:18:51 am »
bump

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 09:02:45 pm »
anyone?

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 07:49:40 pm »
Stop starting new threads. Rather than merge yet another one here I have deleted your latest one. Consider yourself warned. Keep your entries in this thread.

As to what you wrote in the latest thread:

"sorry for making a new thread. seems like nobody cound answer my question on my other thread and it's been a few days.

my peni$ gets red after sex. Also, i have the extra flap of skin on my penis as well. after sex when i wash my penis i always notice that it gets red and when i fold down my skin, i notice that part is red also? any1 know what this could be?"

Since the penis becomes engorged with blood when sexually aroused it's no surprise that yours gets red and remains so for a time after sex. I am not sure what you mean by "an extra flap" on your penis. Whatever it is I expect it's just a residual effect of the engorgement process. Certainly there's nothing in what you are describing which sounds out of order to me, but if you have any further doubts how about discussing it with your doctor? We cannot diagnose anything here.

And nothing you are describing has anything to do with HIV.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 10:10:29 pm »
Thanks Andy =]

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 10:51:46 am »
You're welcome. Get on with your life. Really.
Andy Velez

Offline scaredboy

Re: hiv test results
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2007, 03:02:41 am »
i took the hiv test and it has been almsot 3 weeks since i've heard from the office. it will be 3 weeks on thursday.
MY question is, do they not call if you if theres nothing wrong?

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2007, 03:31:48 am »
They will call. Mine also took three weeks and then I had to meet the guy in person.
Meds doing well so far.

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2007, 03:45:45 am »
was your test negative indyguy?

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2007, 05:19:31 pm »
ann, rapid, rod?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2007, 05:21:42 pm »
i took the hiv test and it has been almsot 3 weeks since i've heard from the office. it will be 3 weeks on thursday.
MY question is, do they not call if you if theres nothing wrong?

They will call.  But you are also allowed to follow up.  Just dont go overboard.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2007, 07:08:22 pm »
But why is it taking them so long?

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2007, 07:12:05 pm »
is it taking longer because i was tested positive and they want to make sure?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2007, 07:16:07 pm »
You will find out as soon as they let you know and not any sooner. Some labs get bogged down and it takes time.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2007, 08:05:16 pm »
is it taking longer because i was tested positive and they want to make sure?

NO.  I got my positive result back in 48 hours.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredboy

Re: one last question, i promise
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2007, 08:30:19 pm »
someone please  :-\

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2007, 10:50:39 pm »
2 of us answered you.  There is nothing more to add.
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2007, 05:34:03 am »
no its a last question, read the first post.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 06:43:43 am »
As we've said before, you will get your test as soon as the lab has them finished.

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 10:14:44 am »
Ok scared I see what your asking.  It is not related.
RIDE!!!

Offline indyguy

• Hoosier Boy Single Again.
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 11:12:27 am »
Mine was poz. I am going through all of the inital tests and dr visits now
Meds doing well so far.

Offline scaredboy

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 11:23:32 am »
I don't think any of you understand my question. Rod, the answer you gave to my question had nothing to do with what I asked.

Is the foreskin of the penis a different color when infected with HIV or is it not?

Offline ACinKC

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 11:25:44 am »
I answered your question.  IT IS NOT RELATED TO HIV!
RIDE!!!

Offline scaredboy

one question
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2007, 10:27:12 am »
i quoted ann from the other thread.

"Hiv resides in blood, semen and, cervical and anal mucus."

what is cervical and anal mucus?

Offline ACinKC

Re: one question
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2007, 10:40:37 am »
you should keep your questions in your original thread.

RIDE!!!

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
Re: one question
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2007, 10:54:45 am »
scared,

This is the THIRD time you've been asked to not start new threads. Get with the program!

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

The cervix is deep inside the vagina - it's the opening to the womb and is covered in a thick mucus which helps prevent bacteria or other pathogens from entering the womb.

Anal mucus is what lubricates the rectum and helps feces pass through more easily. It probably has a more scientific name, but anal mucus will do.

Ann

Condom and Lube Info  

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.