Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 07:06:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37651
  • Latest: Toropi_
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773288
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 567
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 555
Total: 555

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Oh boy.. Here it comes.  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
Oh boy.. Here it comes.
« on: February 05, 2007, 11:21:19 am »
I am feeling nausea and anxious right now. I am trying to calm down right now because I am at work and don't want to cause a scene but my ex-boyfriend who I have a suspicion infected me with HIV has been trying to contact me for 2 months but I refuse to answer his calls. Why? because he is suspect number one and fear that if I do talk to him I will not only strangle him but would want to make him feel like the creepiest thing alive. So today I check my personal email and in cap letters the subject of his email is "Just answer me this". I am to scared to open it because I know if I find out he infected me then I would want to hurt him. Something tells me this email is bad news and I don't answer his calls. I am scared of what the email says and what I can do to him. Not only do I have to start my meds on Weds but I have to deal with this. I feel nausea because of all of my nerves are about to break me down.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
Re: Oh boy.. Here it comes.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
delete it.  or hit reply and without reading it type the following:

Contact me again at your own RISK, and I mean it.
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Strayboy74

• tastes like chicken
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 02:57:46 pm »
Just read it or answer his call... then you can stop with the stressing.

You know that if you just delete it or ignore it, the stress will continue to eat at you.  And, that's not healthy.  Face it head on and steal the drama from it.

You are not given what you cannot handle.

-joseph

Offline Life

• Member 2005
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 03:07:24 pm »
I think Joseph is very right on this...  This is an open wound that will never heal unless you let it.   The only way to allow it to heal is by addressing your fears and confronting this... Otherwise, its always going to be there around each corner of every day....   Resentments,   are very damaging to your cd4's you know...

I am not saying you need to address this and meds all this week...  But you need to address it... Hitting delete aint going to make this one go away honey..

Oh yeah,  I know I got infected by someone...  But I played an equal role in getting infected with whoever it was.   

Love,   
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 03:13:35 pm by Eric »

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 03:13:29 pm »
Hey there,

This one's difficult.   Personally, if you feel you can't handle reading the letter right now just save it for later when you can.   I'd personally answer the calls, but I don't know the details.  

One thing which seems clear to me is that avoiding this individual's contact is causing immense anxiety and stress for you.   It may be better to just deal with it and move on.

I may be making an assumption here, but it sounds as if part of it may be a fear that this individual is also positive and how that might go.  

I'm certain you have your reasons for avoiding that individual and much anger, but part of the responsibility lies with both indivduals.    

Your feelings are valid and I think most of us can relate to ya in one way or another.   And no doubt whatever the situation is there will be someone here who's been there, done that.  

I guess I need more details if ya want to share em in order to give ya any constructive advice here.    

Vent away!   You will have everyone's support.

Wesley
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline ACinKC

• Bring it VIRUS! #2 Ranked In-crowd Member!
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2007, 03:14:03 pm »
Ok i wanna change my answer!  Those sound like more rational ways of dealing with things!
LIFE is not a race to the grave with the intention of arriving safely
in a pretty and well-preserved body, but, rather to skid in broadside,
thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--WOW! WHAT A
RIDE!!!

Offline Ihavehope

• Yes, I'm a cry baby, AND WHAT?
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2007, 03:35:29 pm »
I know what you guys are saying. It's best to get it over with now and find out what he has to say but I doubt he would admit to it. Personally I really don't care for him anymore, he is in a difficult financial situation and I even lent him money, clothed him and did so many things for him because I cared for him. I even trusted him when he refused to protect himself. Unfortunately we were both under the influence of substances and I blame myself for this as well. What is bothersome to me is that he was already on meds and for 2 years we always used protection, and it only happened 2x without protection and then realized that it was a mistake so I stopped having unprotected sex. All of a sudden he disappeared on me for about 6 months and only called once in a blue. The last I heard from him was in March 2006. All of a sudden in Decemeber 06' he decides to call me but by that time I had discovered I was poz, and not just poz  but resistant to a class of drugs which means he knew he was poz. I don't blame him for my actions but I do blame him for not disclosing his status after 2 years of being together. He always use to say, I am not good for you and he always wanted to break up with me because he felt he wasn't good enough. I guess now I know why he felt this way. He calls every day since December 3 and leaves me voicemails and I don't call him back. I don't know what to do. I thank God, I don;t know where he moved to and is because I will literally break his neck. I am no punk when it comes to fighting, and I can fuck him up real easily but knowing him he would run away like he always has. Nothing he can say can bring back my health. I feel ok now and I have hope for a decent life but with HIV there are no freakin guarentees and not only has his lying and selfish acts left me a permanent mark but of my family as well.
Infected: April 2005
12/6/06 - Diagnosed HIV positive
12/19/06 - CD4 = 240  22% VL = 26,300
1/4/07 - CD4 = 200 16% VL = ?
2/9/07 = Started Kaletra/Truvada
3/13/07 = CD4 = 386 22% VL ?

Offline AustinWesley

• HIV Discussion Group on Myspace!
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2007, 03:52:28 pm »
Hmm, this person sounds like a user that you don't need in your life.   I'd see what he has to say, but it sounds like a volitile situation.   

The fact he vanished for months and some of the other things sound familiar to my own ordeal.   But like ya said what good will it do ya? 

Think about yourself first.   You have time to get back to this individual when you have other things more under control.   Tackling everything at once is very draining and not good for your own health.

Sounds like you have a couple of options.  Deal with it now or deal with it later when you have less going on.   If information is something you want out of him I would communicate and try to keep your anger and rage out of it.   No matter how much you may be in the right, playing the blame game will cause you more grief and frustration and won't resolve much.   Trust me, it was all I could do for 3 weeks to maintain my composure while seeking the truth.   The anger and rage were overwhelming.

Just remember, no matter how angry you are to keep the focus on you.   Thoughts of revenge and physical violence are normal, but acting on those impules will only lead to nothing but grief.

Wesley
Diag. 3/06  Infected aprx. 2 mo. Prior
Date        CD4   %      VL
4/6/06     627    32    36,500     NO MEDS YET!
6/7/06     409    27    36,100
8/23/06   408    25     22,300
1/2/07     354    23     28,700
2/9/07     139    30     23,000  Hep A Vaccine same day???
2/21/07   274    26     18,500 
3/3/07    RX of Truvada/Sustiva Started.
4/5/07    321     27      Undectable 1st mo.  
5/16/07  383     28    Undectable 2nd mo.
8/10/07  422     32   UD <48 on new scale!

Offline DanielMark

« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2007, 04:23:43 pm »
I know what you guys are saying. It's best to get it over with now and find out what he has to say but I doubt he would admit to it.

One question: why is his admission so important to you?

Okay, two questions: why torment yourself with unnecessary stress?

Daniel
MEDS: REYATAZ & KIVEXA (SINCE AUG 2008)

MAY 2000 LAB RESULTS: CD4 678
VL STILL UNDETECTABLE

DIAGNOSED IN 1988

Offline Razorbill

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2007, 04:32:54 pm »
It's an email.  Deal with it.  Read it carefully, respond carefully and stop torturing yourself.  Your refusal to deal is far worse for you than ANYTHING that could be in that email. 

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2007, 04:56:54 pm »
...but by that time I had discovered I was poz, and not just poz  but resistant to a class of drugs which means he knew he was poz. 

Just because you have been infected with a drug resistant strain doesn't mean he definitely knew he was positive. He could have been infected with a resistant strain himself, and passed it on to you that way. It doesn't necessarily mean he became resistant to the drugs by taking them himself.

He might be thinking the same thing about you, if he didn't know his status either.

Just a thought....

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline egello

• cb
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2007, 05:36:44 pm »
My situation is this.

I had ONE so so not safe situation with this tweaker I tweaked with about 4-5 years ago for a period of 1 month. I wasn't really attracted to him, but for that 1 month, I was so addicted to meth and he was a dealer, so I could smoke that stuff all day.

We finally tried to have sex at the end of my meth binge, he tried to insert his penis, but it hurted too much (his head was huge!) , so I immediately said no and made him take out the head. That was it, and that was the only time I had unsafe of anything. Two weeks later, I became very ill for two weeks, but at that time, I thought i got ill because I stopped doing meth.

Supposedly, he has AIDS now and is hiding out somewhere.

Should I blame him for my infection? I dunno, I should, and he is the easiest one to pick out as the cause, however, what if it was someone else? It is suppose to be very hard to get hiv, so do you guys think that one incident could have done it?

I don't blame him though, even if it was him, it really was my fault and shoudl have known that just one unsafe of anything make all that safe sex invalid.

However, as I mentioned in another thread, my current b/f and I have been having bb sx for four years now, and three months ago when he checked, he was neg.

So, this issue of infecting someone or not doesnt' seem to be such a cut and dry issue.

p.s
hey,, IHAVEHOPE, don't worry too much about it though, really, it does suck somewhat to be hiv poz, but according to you, you got a big tool <yum> down there, (j/k) but it realy doesn't seem like that much of a big deal once you start dealing with it. Actually, I am kinda enjoying this synthetic testosterone energy and the meds killing off all the bacteria and retro as well as regular viruses in my system. I am feeling like I am some sort of superman and my digestion is very awesome these days, I can eat anything which I wasn't able to before. It might be little problematic if you were a top (condom breakage and etc... ) on your future relationships, but as a bottom, its cool, your butt doesn't knnow bb as supposed to dressed in condom.. heh :-*
« Last Edit: February 05, 2007, 05:45:07 pm by egello »
1/29/07 14 T, 300 k V, 1.8 %
2/22/07 197 T, 247 V, 6.8 %
3/27/07 164 T, <50 V, 5.4 %
5/28/07 177 T, <50 V, 8.2 %
7/28/07 214 T, <50 V, 9.6 %
10/3/07 380 T, <50 V, 10 %

Offline Queen Tokelove

• Smokey the Smurf
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2007, 07:41:11 pm »
Ihave~~

Damn sweetie, I'm sorry you're not feeling good. Let me just say what I say would be how I would deal with the situation. Not saying it is the thing for you to do but just an opinion.

First, I would read the email. I agree with Joseph on this because if you do erase it, then you are going to be wondering what it said. If you don't have anything to say after reading the email, then just put in subject line, "Do not contact me again". That way he knows you read it. If he chooses to keep emailing you then block his addy.

Now for some reason, if you do feel that you want to respond to it then do so. I would send him a reply letting him know exactly how you feel. I can understand your anger and wanting to beat his ass but let's be logical, doing that would land you in jail and in return if he is left alive giving him the upperhand. I feel writing him a reply would prolly allow you to release some of that anger. Now I could be wrong but it worked for me when my ex infected me.

As to the voicemails at home, change your number. If you have never done this before, some phone companies will allow you to do it the first time for free. I know you are feeling emotional right now but remember you got to take care of you. Read the email and remove the stress. After doing this, let's hope he will not show up at your door. But even if that happens, honey, don't let him in, call the police. *hugz*
Started Atripla/Ziagen on 9/13/07.
10/31/07 CD4-265 VL- undetectable
2/6/08 CD4- 401 VL- undetectable
5/7/08 CD4- 705 VL- undetectable
6/4/08 CD4- 775 VL- undetectable
8/6/08 CD4- 805 VL- undetectable
11/13/08 CD4- 774 VL--undetectable
2/4/09  CD4- 484  VL- 18,000 (2 months off meds)
3/3/09---Starting Back on Meds---
4/27/09 CD4- 664 VL-- undetectable
6/17/09 CD4- 438 VL- 439
8/09 CD4- 404 VL- 1,600
01-22-10-- CD4- 525 VL- 59,000
Cherish the simple things life has to offer

Offline Cheo63

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 12:18:04 am »
Hi Ihav,

I am new to this site and I just happened to read your thread.   I must say that I agree with most of the answers you have gotten.  Confrontations are never easy but they do bring peace.  Read the email.  See what he has to say.   As hard as it may seem to you, try to begin to forgive him for what he did to you.   I know this may sound crazy at first but believe me (been throught this before) forgiving him will bring inner healing and peace to you.   The fact is that you already know that you are hiv+.  Concentrate all your enery in taking care of yourself.  I don't know what your ex is like but I definitely would advice you to think about this situation.   Remember face your fear head up and keep moving forward.   You're in my prayers!   Good luck in whatever decision you make!!

Offline siongi

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 07:52:32 am »
Hi Honey,

If i were you i would answer the phones and find out what he is upto, then take it up from there!
And Eric puts sit very well! We really do not need to torture ourselves with a lot of anger, bitterness, frustrations etc  yet we both participated into this situation.It is the responsibilty of every individual to ensure that he /she is protected first without necessary waiting for the other person's confessions regarding their status.This is the lesson we must convey to all those individuals who have not tested positive.And lesson No. 2, influence of substance increases the chances of not bothering to use protection.As for you now, you have to move on babe and accept what has happenned to you.

Please let us know how you cope thereafter.

Cheers.

William

Offline Jeffreyj

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 08:20:31 am »
I think the sooner you take responsibility for your infection, the better. Like Eric said.... You need to deal with this guy once and for all, you will feel much better about things.
Good luck, and stay strong.
Positive since 1985

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.