Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:09:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773307
  • Total Topics: 66349
  • Online Today: 662
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 622
Total: 622

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Democratic Presidential Debate  (Read 2899 times)

Offline ademas

Democratic Presidential Debate
« on: April 27, 2007, 11:14:42 am »
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18346763/

"...but the overall impression from the first formal debate from this early-starting campaign is that the Democrats have a field of contenders that, by any historical measure, matches in quality any the party has offered in decades."

I agree.  My mind isn't made up by any means, but I was pretty pumped up by the end of the debate--just to have choices!

For those of you who watched...what did you think? 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 11:16:45 am by ademas »

Offline jack

• fomerly the loser known as Jake
Re: Democratic Presidential Debate
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 12:03:06 pm »
I think the Dems have some good candidates for their base, but to call it the best field in decades is way over the top. Who did that quote come from, Russert or some other dem mouthpiece on msnbc, the democratic network.
The only candidate I could vote for is Richardson from New Mexico. He is the only guy who has any real experience.
 Obama has no experience and his ties to shady chicago characters is gonna derail him sooner or later, the Clintons will see to that.
 Kucinich is an anti american whacko who on a national level couldnt win a race for dogcatcher.
 Hillary? She has been a senator for a few years, most of the time has been spent running for president. What is her experience? Well, she was a rainmaker for an Ark lawfirm and she was married to an expresident, but has the sense not to sleep with him.  Her management of Clintons He altcare overhaul set back that movement an entire decade. Why was an unelected official given that task? Cause Billy didnt think it was a big deal, but Hillary wanted it and she fucked it up by alienating the entire pharma and insurance business.
Edwards is a total joke. He and and his wife are disgusting. I cant believe she said Bush visited VT cause the victims were white. Class and race warfare, its what the dems do best,and its so old and tired.
Biden? At times I wonder if he has completely recovered from that stroke or brain aneurysm. Yeah, the plagiarism deal is over a decade away, but this guy talks more than Clinton does. Bill was a great speaker and voice was so hypnotic you didnt even listen to what he was saying cause he sounded so good,and what he said often made no sense at all,but you didnt realize that till you read the printed script, Biden doesnt have the voice but he speaks on and on and sounds like an idiot at times. On the other hand he has a statesman like presence and knows the ins and outs of the biggest whore house in the world, the US congress and while I think its a positive, his opponents, dems and reps might destroy him on his voting record. And anyone who has been in congress this long is gonna have skeletons in the old financial closet. He is also a devout Catholic,which might kill him the atheist Dem base.

Offline SirPrize

• SirPrize!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 01:14:33 pm »
I think JoAnne Worley from the old Rowan and Martin Laugh-In show could sum it up best!

B...O.....R.......I.........N...........G..G.G.G

http://us.imdb.com/rg/photos-name/summary//gallery/granitz/3713/Events/3713/JoAnneWorl_AmyG_6162369_400.jpg.html?path=pgallery&path_key=Worley,%20Jo%20Anne
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 01:16:41 pm by SirPrize »
Due to current economic conditions, the light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarily turned off!

Offline izprince1984

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 02:46:52 pm »
I think the Dems have some good candidates for their base, but to call it the best field in decades is way over the top. Who did that quote come from, Russert or some other dem mouthpiece on msnbc, the democratic network.
The only candidate I could vote for is Richardson from New Mexico. He is the only guy who has any real experience.
 Obama has no experience and his ties to shady chicago characters is gonna derail him sooner or later, the Clintons will see to that.
 Kucinich is an anti american whacko who on a national level couldnt win a race for dogcatcher.
 Hillary? She has been a senator for a few years, most of the time has been spent running for president. What is her experience? Well, she was a rainmaker for an Ark lawfirm and she was married to an expresident, but has the sense not to sleep with him.  Her management of Clintons He altcare overhaul set back that movement an entire decade. Why was an unelected official given that task? Cause Billy didnt think it was a big deal, but Hillary wanted it and she fucked it up by alienating the entire pharma and insurance business.
Edwards is a total joke. He and and his wife are disgusting. I cant believe she said Bush visited VT cause the victims were white. Class and race warfare, its what the dems do best,and its so old and tired.
Biden? At times I wonder if he has completely recovered from that stroke or brain aneurysm. Yeah, the plagiarism deal is over a decade away, but this guy talks more than Clinton does. Bill was a great speaker and voice was so hypnotic you didnt even listen to what he was saying cause he sounded so good,and what he said often made no sense at all,but you didnt realize that till you read the printed script, Biden doesnt have the voice but he speaks on and on and sounds like an idiot at times. On the other hand he has a statesman like presence and knows the ins and outs of the biggest whore house in the world, the US congress and while I think its a positive, his opponents, dems and reps might destroy him on his voting record. And anyone who has been in congress this long is gonna have skeletons in the old financial closet. He is also a devout Catholic,which might kill him the atheist Dem base.

The Clintons had their own scandals while Bill was the president, like the government of the People's Republic of China financing their campaign, then he didn't respond effectively when our embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by Al Qaeda, or the USS Cole for that matter.

There were two good things Clinton did while he was in office, those were the Family Medical Leave Act and the raising of the minimum wage, other than that he was more or less a do nothing president.

And I'm sure if you look back on that minimum wage bill, there was a shitload of pork barrel spending attached to it, thats usually how those things go in Washington, the uber poor get another 50 cents an hour, and then peanut farmers and the Bridge to Nowhere get $100 trillion dollars.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 02:48:40 pm by izprince1984 »
ryan@ryan-desktop:~$ apt-get moo
         (__)
         (oo)
   /------\/
  / |    ||   
 *  /\---/\
    ~~   ~~   
...."Have you mooed today?"...

Offline Matty the Damned

• Antipodean in every sense of the word
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 04:27:20 pm »
Gays supporting Bush for president, thats like a women's shelter lobbying for the release of Charles Manson!!! -- 25th April 2004

Gee Ryan, hopefully the Republicans will give you a better choice of candidates this time round.

MtD

/edited for a capitalisation error/
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 04:54:24 pm by matty.the.damned »

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 11:11:54 pm »
There were two good things Clinton did while he was in office, those were the Family Medical Leave Act and the....

what did they do for fmla?  My fmla has been pending for 2 years now, unapproved, stalled and no resolution in sight.

2 fucking years of stress and wondering if i'll have a job the next day I walk  in.

the stress cannot be good for somebody with hiv.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.