Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 06:58:30 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772944
  • Total Topics: 66310
  • Online Today: 375
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 333
Total: 334

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: troll problems  (Read 12111 times)

Offline zach

troll problems
« on: October 10, 2011, 10:38:10 pm »
is it just me, or are there some charlatans around here? i know the mods have identified one posing as two screen names recently. i won't drop names, but i still smell troll.

Offline hope_for_a_cure

Re: troll problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 12:23:38 am »
is it just me, or are there some charlatans around here? i know the mods have identified one posing as two screen names recently. i won't drop names, but i still smell troll.

I had one on FB once so I ended up having to 'hide' my friends list.  I wish there was something we could spray for that. 

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 02:17:49 am »
I wish there was something we could spray for that. 
I could use a can of that for my email stalkerazzi "Ethan"  ;)
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline Growler

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 03:07:15 am »
i won't drop names, but i still smell troll.

I dropped by the forum to see how things were going and saw this thread and thought, yeah that's me that he's referring too (to clarify, not two names but the "I still smell troll").  This is an issue that was brought up in another thread and whilst I understand the doubts, and I couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm an arsehole, I do hate the idea that I might be being perceived as a liar, so I figure that it's we cut through the bullshit and that I provide some proof of who/what I am.

To this endeavor I've scanned my drivers license, a pic of my room as I described it, a pic of me in my room (holding a sign that says Hi Ann" and a scan of a nurses union tax receipt to verify my occupation. You'll understand that I don't want to post this stuff on the internet so I'll PM Ann and ask her if I can email to her via the aidsmed website and she can report back here.

I went to the HIV Clinic today (counts looking good) but have to return again later this week, so when I do I'll ask them for a print-out of my latest results and I'll also send these as soon as I get them.

Growler
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 05:49:30 am by Growler »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:03:54 am »
I dropped by the forum to see how things were going and saw this thread and thought, yeah that's me that he's referring too (to clarify, not two names but the "I still smell troll").  This is an issue that was brought up in another thread and whilst I understand the doubts, and I couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm an arsehole, I do hate the idea that I might be being perceived as a liar, so I figure that it's we cut through the bullshit and that I provide some proof of who/what I am.

To this endeavor I've scanned my drivers license, a pic of my room as I described it, a pic of me in my room (holding a sign that says Hi Ann" and a scan of a nurses union tax receipt to verify my occupation. You'll understand that I don't want to post this stuff on the internet so I'll PM Ann and ask her if I can email to her via the aidsmed website and she can report back here.

I went to the HIV Clinic today (counts looking good) but have to return again later this week, so when I do I'll ask them for a print-out of my latest results and I'll also send these as soon as I get them.

Growler

While I have been wrong on numerous occasions,  I don't think zach or anyone else thought you were a fraud.  I sure don't, the quitting cigs thread did it for me.  Anyways, I'm glad you showed your face--keep fighting-- us, it, and yourself..... you're going to be alright.

Skeebo
I despise the song Love is in the Air, you should too.

Offline Growler

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 09:11:08 am »
Skeboo, you're magic mate.

Ok, now onto business. I have no patience so I've decided it's time to publish and be damned!

Below you'll find a union tax receipt with previously mentioned occupation (former actually, I de-registered myself when I developed depression) and a pic of my room at the chatue de cardboard which I described in loving detail in the tweaking post (a place one reviewer once described as like holidaying in a garbage tip in a war zone). You'll note the radio, TV and backpack as previously detailed. Also don't you love the 60s brick walls which carry the noise from the next room so well and are ideal for bashing your head against.

I haven't included the drivers license or photo of yours truly....there's enough ugly in the world, no need for me to add to it.

Growler

P.S. I'll pull these on Friday.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:29:37 am by Ann »
“If loving someone is putting them in a straitjacket and kicking them down a flight of stairs, then yes, I have loved a few people.”

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 09:21:37 am »
I know that when I posted in this thread earlier, the 'Growlers' was not who popped into my mind.  Actually... did not attach it to any individual (known or unknown).  

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:18:19 am »

Actually those are pretty sweet digs, I pictured much worse based on your vivid description of donning rubber gloves and cleaning shit out of the shower  ;)
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,
2/4/13, CD4 - 489, UD, 28%

Current Meds: Prezista/Epzicom/ Norvir

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 11:28:58 am »

It's just an unfortunate fact of internet forums that some people will register with several screen names so they can mess with people's heads. We do our best to keep this type of activity to an absolute minimum here. The rule regarding multiple accounts being forbidden is explicitly spelled out in the Terms of Membership that you must agree to when signing up for an account.

We have various ways of detecting this type of activity and although some manage to fly under our radar for a while, they always get caught - and banned - eventually. Usually sooner rather than later.

If anyone has a suspicion or actually knows about anyone having more than one account, please let Tim Horn and me know via PM. Do NOT post your suspicions or accusations in the public forums.

I dropped by the forum to see how things were going and saw this thread and thought, yeah that's me that he's referring too (to clarify, not two names but the "I still smell troll").

It's not about you at all. In fact, the doubt that was expressed in that other thread was doubt over whether or not you were actually tweeking, or if you were just trying to yank some chains.

I've removed your tax statement from your other post. You would not have been able to edit it on friday - the edit function is only available for ... either 36 or 48 hours. I forget which. Posts used to be able to be edited indefinitely, but we had other people, like you, who were fond of editing their posts to blank, rendering whole threads or parts of threads unreadable. So we put a time limit on the function.

edited for clarity and crappy spelling
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 11:35:03 am by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2011, 11:41:36 am »

Brings back memories of a half way house I was probated to back in the 80's....

Does the bed have one of those locker drawers beneath it? ;)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2011, 12:03:52 pm »
That room reminds me of US Navy Boot-Camp & Sheriff's Academy Boot camp , when I saw that pic it brought me back about 25 yrs.  :D
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Growler

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:34 pm »
It's 3 o'clock in the morning and the fire alarm has gone off in my building because some fuck-wit forgot to open his window before lighting up his bong.....The scary thing is that there are 70 people in the building and only 8 of us bothered to go downstairs out at the sound of the alarm. The up side of the situation is that at least I'm getting to watch the sexy fire-fighters mill around the alarm system trying to turn the thing off :-)

Ok, reading Ann's reply a light flickers in the walnut sized piece of jelly that is my excuse for a brain.....maybe I have put 2 and 2 together and reached the stunning conclusion that the answer was 5. Ah fuck it. I can now add paranoia to the diagnosis (I wonder what happens if I collect the whole set, do I get a 1 in 5 chance to win a trip to Disney land???)
And in answer to the question, yeah I was tweaking....just got a bit paranoid and upset when people started posting about "Meth Kills" and shit like that....I have no doubt of the sincerity of the posts but it's not a message you want to hear when you're speeding; it just served to scare the shit out of me at the time and bring out my insecurities.

Yeah I figured out that I couldn't edit back more than a day or two when I had last episode of "edititius" and tried to impose my own Orwellian-esque censorship on the forum......that said I have noticed from other peoples postings that if you delete the photo from photobucket it does disappear from the forum, which was how I intended to do the deed.

No footlocker under the bed, or men in the closet for that matter, to be honest my biggest gripe about the room itself is that I'm 6 foot and the bed's too short. There is one thing missing from the picture is my teddy bear Sebastian. I left him out of the picture because i didn't want anyone to think I was in anyway soft.

OK, time to get back to sleep...per chance to dream of Richard Gere and a tub of Crisco....Woof!

Growler

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2011, 12:50:01 pm »
dream of Richard Gere and a tub of Crisco....Woof!

Growler

Crisco makes fried chicken taste like Sunday afternoon.   Sweet dreams Growlers !!

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:05 pm »
Anyone who has a Teddy Bear named Sebastian is A-ok with me. It's rather sweet.

-W
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:15:17 pm by WillyWump »
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2011, 04:10:14 pm »
Dear Growler,

For dear Sebastian,s sake flee, run,escape from those bricks.
with love
Lord Waugh.
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2011, 05:59:52 pm »
If someone has multiple personalities, and each has their own account... does that still violate the rules? Because if it was true DID and they weren't integrated they would have no idea of each other. Just curious.

Anyway... Growler... I love that you have a teddy bear named Sebastian. I have a duck named Xavier. Yep, a duck. He's pretty chill. Anyway, hang in there!

odyssey
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2011, 07:40:36 pm »

Distressed Ikea theme. Lovely!   :D

Tell Sebastian Hello!
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Growler

« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 12:35:39 am »
Sebastian.

Offline Cliff

« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 08:18:38 am »
People should drop names or don't bother at all.  This is a bit random...blanket accusations results in people posting pictures of their "home" errr room.

Offline skeebo1969

« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2011, 08:20:45 am »
Sebastian.

It's like he's looking right at me..... saying,"this guy puts me in the drawer, help!"

Awww man, i feel terrible.....

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2011, 09:03:10 am »
If someone has multiple personalities, and each has their own account... does that still violate the rules? Because if it was true DID and they weren't integrated they would have no idea of each other. Just curious.

If there are parallel universes and a geek troll has digital access to both, can he post on the AIDSMEDS in each universe?
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline Grasshopper

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2011, 09:52:02 am »
If there are parallel universes and a geek troll has digital access to both, can he post on the AIDSMEDS in each universe?

A very sad joke, if the geek troll were to have AIDS in each universe.

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2011, 10:58:01 am »
It's like he's looking right at me..... saying,"this guy puts me in the drawer, help!"

Looks like one of those kidnap ransom photos.

-W

Ps. Sebastian is ADORABLE
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline hope_for_a_cure

« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2011, 11:02:35 am »

I would venture to say yes... unless of course the individual chose to take a Kabbalah journey and clear the chakras in their 5th dimensional existence. 

Offline odyssey

• Mutiny of the neurons!
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2011, 11:17:41 pm »
OMG Sebastian is SOOOO cute!!!!!!!

:o :o :o :o :o
01/09/09- diagnosed HIV+
01/16/09   CD4-425    22%  VL- 32,415
11/09- started Reyetaz/Norvir/Truvada
03/10- stopped R/N/T
10/18/11   CD4- 328   20%  VL- 84,000
10/25/11   CD4- 386   22%
10/28/11- start Truvada/Reyetaz/Norvir
12/30/11  CD4- 523  29%
03/08/12  CD4- 503  31%  VL 57
07/02/12  CD4- 897  43%
08/31/12  CD4- 745  39%
12/27/12  CD4- 884  40%
03/28/13  CD4- 819  39%
07/19/13  CD4- 739  40%
10/17/13  CD4- 535  36%
01/16/14  CD4- 743  43%

02/14- switched from R/N/T to Tivicay/Epzicom because of CKD 3 suspected from tenofovir.

03/14- switched back to R/N/T due to severe nausea and inability to eat on T/E.

04/01/14 CD4- 898  42%   VL-

Offline WillyWump

• EPIC FIERCENESS!
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2011, 11:19:09 pm »
Isnt he DARLING! I gotta have one.

Where did you get him Growler?

-W
POZ since '08

Last Labs-
11-6-14 CD4- 871, UD
6/3/14 CD4- 736, UD 34%
6/25/13 CD4- 1036, UD,

Offline Bucko

• You need a shine, missy!
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 04:16:26 am »
Sebastian's adorable, Growlie.

Brent
(Whose teddy bear was named John, after the father in Lost In Space, his first crush at age six or so)
Blessed with brains, talent and gorgeous tits.

Blathering on AIDSmeds since 2005, provocative from birth

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 06:46:44 am »

Brent
(Whose teddy bear was named John, after the father in Lost In Space, his first crush at age six or so)

I just had to preserve that little nugget for posterity. ;D And here I thought I was the only one who thought John was hot. I really liked Penny too, and not just because her pet (a chimp-like alien thingy) had the same first name as mine. ;)

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Offline Bucko

« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02:33 am »
Penny had the *best* costumes, and Bloop was quite the lap-candy, especially in the chariot in a flood  ;D

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 07:49:32 am »
Penny had the *best* costumes, and Bloop was quite the lap-candy, especially in the chariot in a flood  ;D

Bloop was actually named Debbie, just like me. (Ann is my middle name) The only difference is that I spelled my name Debi, because with a last name like Smith, I had to do something to make it a bit different. There are thousands of Debbie Smiths in the States, but very few in the UK.

But yeah, Penny was a real cutie, and well dressed too. :)

PS - I was allegedly named after Debbie Reynolds. And my proper name is Debra, not Deborah.

edited because I misspelled Ms Reynolds' name. For shame!
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 09:35:59 am by Ann »

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Bucko

« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2011, 09:16:10 am »
Oh dear, sweetheart  :D

This is when I post an admittedly stolen vid from Auntie Doxie, because it's just so fucking appropriate. Here's an added link of Debbie doing her breathtakingly awesome Zsa Zsa, cuz sometimes one simply must.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2011, 09:34:27 am »
Oh dear, sweetheart  :D

This is when I post an admittedly stolen vid from Auntie Doxie, because it's just so fucking appropriate. Here's an added link of Debbie doing her breathtakingly awesome Zsa Zsa, cuz sometimes one simply must.

OooLaLa! Zsa Zsa! That video is like an advert for plastic surgery.

And that first video is like a tribute to my trusty Ban HammerTM. ;D

Condom and Lube Info  

Offline Bucko

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2011, 09:42:13 am »
OooLaLa! Zsa Zsa! That video is like an advert for plastic surgery.

And that first video is like a tribute to my trusty Ban HammerTM. ;D

If memory serves, a certain Dingo once referenced you as B'Ann  :o

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.