Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 16, 2024, 07:49:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37635
  • Latest: Ranoye
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773156
  • Total Topics: 66328
  • Online Today: 248
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 178
Total: 180

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Genital Warts and Protected Sex  (Read 6500 times)

Offline drazey

Genital Warts and Protected Sex
« on: December 01, 2006, 07:15:46 am »

I am not sure if this question belongs here or not. Not really sure where it might belong, so I will start with this Forum first and see what help I may get.

My question is this:
   My ex-partner gave me genital warts about 8 months ago. About 5 months ago I had most of them burned off (Doc left one, said it would pose no problems as long as I had safe sex). My ex and I were not together at this time, this is before our "partnership". Well, I just returned from being with him for a month and a half, and now I am noticing my warts are returning. I have another appt to get them taken care of.
      Here's the REAL question: Once I have them burned off again, can I have protected sex, with me being the top? will using your finger or dildo transmit the warts? how about rimming, can this be done with a person that has warts?

I realize this all might sound like very simple and comon questions, but I don't have a clue.

Thanks,
David

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
Re: Genital Warts and Protected Sex
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 08:27:37 am »

I
      Here's the REAL question: Once I have them burned off again, can I have protected sex, with me being the top? will using your finger or dildo transmit the warts? how about rimming, can this be done with a person that has warts?

I realize this all might sound like very simple and comon questions, but I don't have a clue.

Thanks,
David

Hello David,

I never realised or knew that I had any genital warts, until several months after starting on HIV meds. This is when they first became noticible to me. I have also been able to get rid of them using Podofilox topical solution, but unfortunately they are retuning once again.

In answer to your question Genital warts are very contagious, and can be spread easily, even if a condom is used. It can be spread through skin to skin contact.

Here is some additional info for you, you may find it useful :

http://www.niaid.nih.gov/factsheets/stdhpv.htm

Ray
« Last Edit: December 01, 2006, 08:29:19 am by J.R.E. »
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline drazey

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 08:45:03 am »
Thanks Ray!
Do you find it or have you found it increasingly difficult to find someone to be with after disclosing your STD to someone?
I guess I'm hoping to find someone who is knowledgeable and understanding .. like that's going to happen :-)

Thanks for the link. I can only imagine it will be very useful.

David

Offline J.R.E.

• Positive since 1985, joined forums 12/03
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 09:41:52 am »
David,

I have been with the same man now for 26 years. We met in 1980. I became HIV positive in July of 1985,( after a wild weekend) tested positive in October of 85. He is HIV negative. I have not been in a situation since 1985, where I have had to disclose to anyone, because, I have been very happy and blessed in this relationship. It certainly has had it's difficult times, especially back in 1985, but we do communicate well, which is one reason why our relationship has been successful. I couldn't have done it, without him. He is truly a very special person in my life.

Ray
Current Meds ; Viramune / Epzicom Eliquis, Diltiazem. Pravastatin 80mg, Ezetimibe. UPDATED 2/18/24
 Tested positive in 1985,.. In October of 2003, My t-cell count was 16, Viral load was over 500,000, Percentage at that time was 5%. I started on  HAART on October 24th, 2003.

As of Oct 2nd, 2023, Viral load Undetectable.
CD 4 @676 /  CD4 % @ 18 %
Lymphocytes,absolute-3815 (within range)

72 YEARS YOUNG

Offline AtomicA

• that's Famous with an F
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2006, 11:44:02 pm »
was there a reason your doctor left one on you? the thing with HPV is that once you have it you have it for good and I was reading an article in science last year that said a british study found over 99% of sexually active gay men have HPV. Often (at least so I've read) the warts won't appear until something happens with your immune system - like HIV.
The reason that I ask is that leaving one wart is pretty much makes the first painful burning process a waste of time... avtive warts are highly contagious even on your own skin... any time you jack off or touch yourself on an active wart you are possibly spreading it around, making all sorts of new little warts again. Being with the guy who gave them to you a second time is not going to make them any worse, they are probably spreading due to the one that the doctor left on you.

The other question I have is are you on meds/what's your CD4 look like? since HPV is a virus, it's best opportunity to create warts is when your immune system is bagged. In summer when my numbers were getting really low I started breaking out in warts on my hands and feet that had been gone since I was a kid. Withing a month of starting meds and my CD4 counts recovering they went away

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.