Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 07:37:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 677
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 639
Total: 639

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: boyfriend has told me he has unprotected sex with men - he is hiv pos  (Read 6604 times)

Offline altruistic

my boyfriend has contracted syphilis for the second time in our relationship. i was shocked to find out he likes to give oral sex to other men.  he told me he isn't attracted to men its just a taboo way to get off and with men there is no feelings or drama.  He says he lusts and desires women...he is a very sexual person and loves female anatomy. he says in no way does he think about kissing a male or even think about a male in the way he does women.  he is not attracted to males. so he says.
I'm pretty open minded sexually and this came as a huge shock -
any advice is he bi? gay? or just sexually open? 

anyways when i ask him if he uses condoms he says usually not because if a male will just meet you and do all kinds of stuff with you - and a bunch of other guys- bareback, he doesn't care because they don't care.  He said they deserve it and are with dirty promiscuous people, without regard to getting tested or wearing condoms. 
kind of a lot for me to handle and i think his way of thinking is evil.  I am beginning to wonder if he would ever try to infect me. never really thought of him as a malicious person until now. 

Offline wolfter

So wouldn't that also make him a dirty promiscuous person, without regard to getting tested or wearing condoms?   ::)

Only he can tell you his sexuality.  Not too many truly straight men give and receive oral from men simply for convenience.

Hope this isn't too harsh but you asked.  I can't idenity his sexuality but I can definitely recognize a total cad. 
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
I would insist on condoms each and every time you have vaginal or anal sex .

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI.Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence .

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline mecch

• red pill? or blue pill?
I agree with wolfter - we can't figure out your bf's sexuality. 

Also, you said you are worried he might try to infect you.  We can't possibly know what his motivations are. 

Also infect you with what?  HIV?  If he is on treatment and undetectable, he probably can't infect anyone with HIV.  Is he on treatment? if so, tested about 2x a year and undetectable for a few tests?

If you don't want to get HIV just follow Jeff G's instructions. 

It is not easy to fix the rules for an open relatonship, and that is what you two are having. 

Both parties have to be ok with 1) the openness, and 2) the level of risk for STD that the sex brings. 

1) means this: an open relationship brings other risks - anger, jealousy, losing the partner. What to discuss about the other partners and what is OK to do but doesn't need to be talked about.  You were surprised - so that means you want to know things that he doesn't tell you?

2) means this: if you don't trust your bf about the sex and the disease risk to you,  negotiate for rules.

Negotiate the sex life you both can accept, or break up with him. 

There are plenty of fish in the sea.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:39:42 pm by mecch »
“From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need” 1875 K Marx

Offline altruistic

Thank you for your replies and advice.  My boyfriend has been undetectable for over a year and I am taking Truvada daily.  He was diagnosed with AIDS four years ago. when he caught  Syphilis the first time he thought he was at the end of his run. Rash was unbearable and he was miserable.  We went to 3 different doctors and they told us it was an aids related rash-there was nothing that could be done.  I wouldn't accept that, so I took him to Loma Linda hospital and they were able to tell us he had secondary syphilis. After being treated his numbers were up and viral load down:-)
Then he goes and gets it again, from the same person- this time it was caught early. I've been tested 4 times and all came back non reactive to syphilis.  Does anyone know how common or easy it is to contract syphilis?

Offline Joe K

• Standard
  • 31 Years Poz
Many STIs are much easier to contract than HIV.

Here's the CDC info on it: http://www.cdc.gov/std/syphilis/stdfact-syphilis.htm

Joe

Offline ImisstheOldTimes

I am full agreement with Wolf regarding him being a cad...

Honestly, I'm not sure why he would use terminology, your bf, that is incredibly judgmental when he himself falls within the same group...

In my humble opinion, sounds to me you deserve better...

Heidi
Life is a BANQUET, and most poor suckers are starving to death!

~Auntie Mame

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
Hi,
You were given some very good advice here,
I think Heidi and Wolfe spelled it out very well !!
Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.