Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 06:53:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773182
  • Total Topics: 66334
  • Online Today: 476
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 466
Total: 466

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: To my guys in Boston and Jan and Miss Bonnie, too  (Read 7087 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
To my guys in Boston and Jan and Miss Bonnie, too
« on: July 27, 2009, 06:26:22 am »
I'm coming to Boston to see all you guys in 10 days.  I get there on a Thursday before lunch and I go home on a Monday before breakfast. I hope you guys all have a safe trip and nobody crashes. We are going to have a lot of fun.  And Robert, this time I'm bringing homework for YOU to do and I'm going to your hotel room really early to drop it off, too.

My mom is making me bring my soy milk and it is SO NASTY even with my chocolate in it.  It takes forever for me to drink because it is so nasty.

Jan, can me and you and Miss Bonnie have a sleep over?

That's all and I'll see you soon - in 10 days.

Mini
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline mjmel

Re: To my guys in Boston and Jan and Miss Bonnie, too
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:48:09 am »
Hi Sweet One.. This is Mike in OHIO writing you a note. I'll be in Boston too and I'll be eating breakfast at a little spot called Billly's, which is in Boston. I'll be there very early each morning. Billy's is a little eating place that opens at 6 am. Of course, I'll wait till 7 or 8 o'clock if you guys sleep late.  ::) They serve up a big breakfast for decent price if that is what you wish to start your day. It's just a short walk from Chandler Hotel. The Chandler Hotel is where most of the AMG folks are having sleepovers. You, mom & dad, and anyone else who wakes up early (like Nick!) are welcomed to meet me there to have breakfast. How about a chocolate malt to go with your bacon & french toast?  :P
It's all about putting on the pounds, isn't it? So here is my invite to you if you get up early like I do. I wake up at 5 am each morning but I must say it takes me some time to get out the door to greet the world. So I'll be out of my hotel room headed for Billy's at 6 am each morning, except the one after Meet & Greet night.
a big hug &  :-*

Mike

P.S. By the way, I'm trying to sneak some time to spend with you before all those folks wake up and get hold of you and spoil you silly with hugs and attention.  :)

Offline RAB

• Joined March 2003
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:54:03 am »

That's all and I'll see you soon - in 10 days.

Mini

Hi Mini:

We'll see you there (and I agree about the Soy Milk  YUCK!)

RAB   ;D

P.S.  I still have your business card on my fridge.

Offline Robert

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 11:30:24 am »
ok Mini....

I'm all ready for you and the homework.  But I don't arrive until Friday morning.  My brother lives in New Hampshire (what's the capitol?) about 2 hours away and I am going to visit him for a few days before the meeting.  He will drive me down to Boston Friday morning. 

Now just a note to help you prepare.  We're going to talk about taxes and tea parties and 16 year old Sybil Ludington.

robert   

(im just like RAB... business card on IB.)

Offline minismom

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 07:29:38 pm »
Dear Mike, my mom says that if I think I get to eat bacon in Boston, I'm out of my mind!  She said the next time I have my blood work done, you have to come with me and tell Dr. Frazier that eating bacon was your idea and that you made me do it.  Dr. Frazier says I can't eat bacon except for turkey bacon and turkey bacon is nasty and mom won't believe me.  She thinks it's good but it's not.  They better not have turkey bacon in Boston.

RAB you signed my purple shirt when we went to Mexico.  In Boston, I have a white shirt for you to sign. 

Robert, you only think you're ready for my homework, Buddy.  I know about taxes and tea parties but I don't know anything about a girl named Sybil.  I think you're making that up, but mom says maybe you're not and we'll have to look it up and see.  I'm not giving you a hint about what I'm gonna bring to you.  And, I'm bringing you a test, too. 

That's all for now.  Where is Jan and the Davids and Miss Bonnie? 

Mini

not from mum: I wish you all could see her face when she's telling me what to type - especially her distaste for turkey bacon.  I'm cracking up!
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Robert

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »

hi mins...

it's me again, robert.

I sent you a book today about Sybil.  I would like you to read it and present an oral report.  (To be honest, I don't know who Sybil is either but Andy does.  He says she should be more famous than Paul Revere.  The problem is, no one ever wrote a poem about her.)  I doubt if many of us will know who Sybil is so you can teach us.  But be ready. I'm sure they're will be plenty of questions you will have to answer.  Like did she have any brothers and sisters?  And, where did she live?

By the way, so, ok, no bacon.  What about milkshakes? 

can't wait....see you next week ~~~

robert

Offline minismom

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 02:55:26 pm »
Dear Robert, the mailman brought me the book today.  It was raining so he brought it up to the door.  Me and mom read it.  I'm going to ask you some questions about it, too.  That's going to be part of your homework.  There are statues of her and pictures of her house and her grandson but not of her or her husband.  How did the lady know what to make the statue look like if she didn't know what she looked like?  There is a poem in the book, too.  I'll bring it so you can read it and see.

Thank you for my book.  Mom said that we will see you in 1 week - that's 7 days - next Thursday morning when we get there.  Oh, you don't get there on that day but the next day.  I will still be in Boston on that day, so I will see on that day when you get there (note from mum: you got all that, right?)

Bye from me, Mini.
www.watoto.com

Offline bonnie_nc

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 11:26:57 pm »
Hi Mini!  I'm sorry it took me so long to reply;  I forgot my own login, and had to ask
David for help.  Silly me!  I am excited about our journey, and I can't wait to see you.  Of course we can have a sleep-over, if your mom and dad say it's ok.  I think I will be having my own room so we will have lots of time for fun.  You and your folks be safe and I am counting the days until
Thursday....

Love,
                        "Miss" Bonnie  ;D

Offline minismom

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 06:28:48 am »
Hey, Bonnie, guess what!  My mom and dad said that I maybe CAN have a sleepover at your hotel!  But only if I behave and only if we have time and only if you don't change your mind - you won't change your mind, will you? - and only if you don't care if they call a whole bunch of times to check up on me and only if I can watch Disney and I promise not to make you crazy and you don't give me sugar.  Oh, and you promise to give me my med at night.  Med, not meds, I only take one at night and it is called Kaletra.  Then I have to take my 2 meds, Kaletra and Epzicom, in the morning and my vitamen.  But it's OK if you forget that I'm supposed to have soy milk and turkey bacon because I hate them both.

I am awake very early and my little brother, too, because today is the day mom and dad drop us off at Nana and Paw-Paw's house till they pick me up in 2 days and we fly to Boston.  The other kids have to stay for 8 days but I only have to stay 2 days.

That's all I have to say.  I'm going to color now.  Bye!

Mini
www.watoto.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.