Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:54:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 37652
  • Latest: Han2024
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773292
  • Total Topics: 66348
  • Online Today: 676
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 647
Total: 647

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Will It Ever End / Triumeq Side Effects  (Read 4055 times)

Offline nevergiveup1

Will It Ever End / Triumeq Side Effects
« on: May 13, 2016, 04:56:14 pm »
Hi I am a 50 year old man who tested poz in 1987.  I am lucky to even be alive.  I am an open and honest person and there have been times over the years I have "ignored and stopped" by hiv regimen because of side effects because of work and other issues.  Now I am on ssi for good and my tcells are a little over 100.  I started Odefsey early April and had a bad allergic reaction so over the phone my doctor called in Triumeq I am on day 13.  I have to also share that I deal with depression and panic attacks in case anybody else does. I am feeling so tired, fatigue, grinding my teeth at night, severe insomnia and just achy and cannot get comfortable and I look like crap or maybe that's just me.  He wants me to continue for another two more weeks.  I have had none of the 5 major (although those are pretty confusing themselves to figure out) IS THERE MED WORTH IT?  My virus is not resistant to any of the meds out there he did a geno type so I can pretty much take anything.  I also have chronic spinal pain and is anyone else having pain or just feeling "wierd" and kind of "out of it"?  I am not a quitter but any help or answers especially if you are on this I WOULD APPRECIATE SO MUCH  :-*

Offline PittGurl

Re: Will It Ever End / Triumeq Side Effects
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 11:08:51 pm »
I too had the same - if you look up my story :)  And anxiety and stress and scared to death...... i hope for you, as it did me, it will pass. The dr kept telling me just give in a 4-6 weeks and your body will adjust and it did. I can take it now with food or without food. Drink coffee, have wine and it's just like a vitamin...just give it time.

Sending good thoughts to you!.....
Infected ~5/16/15-7/19/15
8-2-15    CD4=286; VL=43800; 15% WB Pos Test Confirmed (waiting for genotype to start Triumeq)
9-4-15    Started Triumeq thanks to the people on board encouraging me :)
9-21-15    CD4=570; VL 26; 30% 16 days on Triumeq….
10-27-15   CD4=522; VL=UNDETECTABLE!!!; 29%    7 wks, 4 days on Triumeq
1-28-16    CD4=479; VL=UD; 31% almost 5 mo on Triumeq
4-27-16    CD4=580; VL=UD; 32%
7-28-16    CD4=991; VL=UD; 38% almost 1 year on Triumeq
8-3-16    ONE YEAR DX
10-27-16    CD4=765; VL=UD; 39%
3-8-17   CD4=709; VL=27; 39%
7-13-17   CD4=942; VL=UD; 41%
10/12/17   CD4=626; VL=UD; 39%
1/21/18    CD4=650; VL=UD; 40%
4/26/18   CD4=893; VL=UD; 39%
8/9/18   CD4=858; VL=UD; 41%
12/27/18   CD4=841; VL=UD; 41%
4/24/19   CD4=751; VL=UD; 39%
8/27/19   CD4=719; VL=UD; 36%
10/31/19   CD4=746; VL=UD; 37%

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2016, 04:52:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear your having a rough time and I hope you manage to work though the medication issues.

I would stay in contact with you Doctor, now I am dismissing your individual experience however you asked for experiences when taking Triumeq so thinking back to my own experience switching to Triumeq first week wild dreams, I mean really night-terror stuff, the weeks following a bit rough + wild dreams, but i was also miserable due to a cold i had so not sure how much of my moaning was just "man flu" but anyhow after that pretty much side effect free (I now and then get the headaches) I am really happy with this combination myself, it just happens to work for me.

Anyhow wishing you all the best, hope this settles in and works for you and if not that you can work with your doctor on finding something that is a better fit for you.

Jim 
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline efox020

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2016, 10:26:07 am »
Hi I am a 50 year old man who tested poz in 1987.  I am lucky to even be alive.  I am an open and honest person and there have been times over the years I have "ignored and stopped" by hiv regimen because of side effects because of work and other issues.  Now I am on ssi for good and my tcells are a little over 100.  I started Odefsey early April and had a bad allergic reaction so over the phone my doctor called in Triumeq I am on day 13.  I have to also share that I deal with depression and panic attacks in case anybody else does. I am feeling so tired, fatigue, grinding my teeth at night, severe insomnia and just achy and cannot get comfortable and I look like crap or maybe that's just me.  He wants me to continue for another two more weeks.  I have had none of the 5 major (although those are pretty confusing themselves to figure out) IS THERE MED WORTH IT?  My virus is not resistant to any of the meds out there he did a geno type so I can pretty much take anything.  I also have chronic spinal pain and is anyone else having pain or just feeling "wierd" and kind of "out of it"?  I am not a quitter but any help or answers especially if you are on this I WOULD APPRECIATE SO MUCH  :-*

Your side effect are very similar to what I've been experiencing for the last year on Triumeq. I'm finally dumping it for prezcobix and truvada not so much because of side effects but  because I did not reach viral suppression on the med. 100 percent adhesive and no resistance to any meds it just doesn't work for me.

I hope the side effect improve once I change meds. I'm not even sure it's side effects of meds or HIV itself.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2016, 10:31:37 am by efox020 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.