Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:18:40 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 773263
  • Total Topics: 66345
  • Online Today: 316
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 306
Total: 306

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Qiuck Update  (Read 7810 times)

Offline denb45

• "1987 Classic Old School POZ+"
Qiuck Update
« on: March 02, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »
Just a quick update on what's happening  with me  :D
I'm doing ok, a lot better than I was, getting along with the VA health care system, going to see my VA HIV/AIDS Team on the 25th of march...

Currently seeing VA mental health for MDD , MST, PTSD
still haven't seen a  VA psychiatrist yet, but have been taking to a lot of VA psychologist. had a little set-back ended up in the VA mental health crisis unit :(

i had to do something as i was making bob very scare of me, he took me there so I could sort things out  ???

I even found a LGBT support group, with a lot of Vets , who seem to have the same mental health issues as I do, so that's always a +  wish me luck, I think it's a good thing (what I'm doing), to try and get a handle on how bad I've been feeling for a very long time, without seeking any help  :(

HUGS
DEN
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline Jeff G

• Administrator
  • How am I doing Beren ?
Re: Qiuck Update
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »
Hi Den ... I'm so happy to hear you are getting what you need and have a solid plan to move forward . I recently have been seeing a therapist for similar issues and I know the value and hard work that comes with what you are doing . Thanks for the update . 
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 10:43:50 pm by Jeff G »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline leatherman

• Global Moderator
  • Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 10:04:38 pm »
hugs to you, Den.  :-*
leatherman (aka Michael)

We were standing all alone
You were leaning in to speak to me
Acting like a mover shaker
Dancing to Madonna then you kissed me
And I think about it all the time
- Darren Hayes, "Chained to You"

Offline weasel

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2014, 08:41:38 am »

Howdy Den !

I'm glad to hear The V.A. is treating you well .

I hope  things work out  good .   

Weasel :)
" Live and let Live "

Offline denb45

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2014, 09:36:14 am »
Thanks Guys  :)

I'm just trying to find my happy place, haven't been there for a long time  :-[  I don't recall most of what happened to me last week, I do know what Bob told me, he said that i had become very agitated, and physically abusive  with everyone, in my mind, everybody wants to kill me, or attack my Integrity  >:(

Now I'm gonna to go take my happy pills and try & get thru this day the best I can  :(

Thanks again for your support & kind words  :)

HUGS

DEN
« Last Edit: March 03, 2014, 09:38:29 am by denb45 »
"it's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain" Helen Reddy cc 1974

Offline mitch777

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2014, 12:05:31 pm »
Hey Den,

It takes courage to accept help at times. Glad to here you found others to relate to in the support group.

Best wishes on the road to your happy place.  :)

m.
33 years hiv+ with a curtsy.

Offline denb45

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2014, 01:55:19 pm »
Hey Den,

It takes courage to accept help at times. Glad to here you found others to relate to in the support group.

Best wishes on the road to your happy place.  :)

m.

Thanks Mitch  :)

I just wanted to add, even tho I'm the only HIV/AIDS Vet in the whole
VA-LGBT support group, I was still welcomed with open arms, I'm sure
others will come forward ,as I'm was kinda the ice-breaker, so to speak

HUGS

DEn

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2014, 08:19:28 am »
Just a quick update on what's happening  with me  :D
I'm doing ok, a lot better than I was, getting along with the VA health care system, going to see my VA HIV/AIDS Team on the 25th of march...

Currently seeing VA mental health for MDD , MST, PTSD
still haven't seen a  VA psychiatrist yet, but have been taking to a lot of VA psychologist. had a little set-back ended up in the VA mental health crisis unit :(

i had to do something as i was making bob very scare of me, he took me there so I could sort things out  ???

I even found a LGBT support group, with a lot of Vets , who seem to have the same mental health issues as I do, so that's always a +  wish me luck, I think it's a good thing (what I'm doing), to try and get a handle on how bad I've been feeling for a very long time, without seeking any help  :(

HUGS
DEN

Its a most excellant and brave thing to do  Den , and I hope that it leads to a contented age that you and Bob live your days in.
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline wolfter

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2014, 08:45:07 am »
Sending positive thoughts your way buddy.  I've been concerned about you and am glad to hear you're addressing the issues.

give me a holler if you need to chat

hugs
greg
Being honest is not wronging others, continuing the dishonesty is.

Offline denb45

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2014, 07:24:37 pm »
Sending positive thoughts your way buddy.  I've been concerned about you and am glad to hear you're addressing the issues.

give me a holler if you need to chat

hugs
greg

I'll send you a PM, when things settle down a bit, and when I get my head-on-right  :-X

HUGS

DEN

Offline aztecan

• 36 years positive, 64 years a pain in the butt
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2014, 09:56:54 pm »
Hey Dennis,

It is good to hear from you. I am glad you have found some of the services you needed and you are moving forward.
I will keep you in my thoughts and send lots of supportive energy your way.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Offline denb45

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2014, 10:04:00 am »
Hey Mark,  :-*  HUGS & Thanks

"It's so nice to be insane, cause no-one ask you to explain"

Angie Baby- Helen Reddy cc 1974

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQKyGt_I5L4

HUGS

DEN

Offline bear60

« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2014, 04:30:24 pm »
I just checked in and want to say hi.  You are doing what you need to do, so thats good.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline deibster

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2014, 04:49:29 pm »
Dennis,
I'm glad you've found a support group and pray that you are happier, or happy with some progress. I'm in a poz support group. Even though I'm the only one with a spouse and children, it still helps.
I'll message you my phone number. Please feel free to call or message me anytime. I am forever grateful for the support you shared about my kidney issues. Please take care of yourself.
Big bear hugs, Deiby
Poz since Dec 1992. Meds since 1995. Disability since 2005. Constantly fighting the Lipodystrophy 'beer gut.'

Prezista/Norvir, Epzicom, Cytomel, Prevacid, Coumadin, pravastatin, Fenofibrate, Remeron, Zoloft, Concerta, Flomax, Allegra180, Nasacort, Centrum, Flax Oil, Fish Oil

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.