Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 19, 2024, 05:15:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772785
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 290
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 230
Total: 230

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2641 times)

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Hi
« on: May 24, 2017, 12:49:12 am »
Hi everyone

Gosh! it's been a while since I was on here last, I see so many new names, but it's great to see some of the "Good guys" still here supporting the newer members.

I have been trying to get my CD4's above 70 and my V/L to U/D but it's being bloody stubborn, I'm only sitting at 800, and that has it's good and bad points, good because it is very low but bad because we can't do a Geno type until it's over a 1000, and it's refusing to move.

I'm on Kivexa and Bactrium, so my regime is an easy one and I have no side effects, but if this one fails I have only one more to fall back on, we have just got it into NZ, so i'm keeping that one in reserve I don't want to use my last option if I can help it, I have forgotten the name of the bloody thing, it starts with a D..my nickname for it is Dolly..any ideas?, my brain has gone dead..:)

Anyway, so good to see some old name still here, keep up the great work you guys.

Hugs
Jan
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline em

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 02:44:25 am »
Is it dolutegravir that is what they give me

My ID doc said it is newer and what they give to new patients ? I guess my ID doc was trying to say it works and works well?

sorry not up on so much as in being motivated to find out everything there is to know about HIV anymore

It makes me a bit light headed with a slight head ache that plenty of water alleviates

so it is fall were you are ? spring just started here.  more like a week of spring then directly into summer

Offline harleymc

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 05:50:11 am »
Kia Ora Annie, Cooee from the other side of the ditch.

Good to see you are still kicking about.

Hugs from Sydney

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 04:54:48 pm »
Hi there

Em..yes thank you! I just couldn't' remember the name, my doc said it was a new drug here in NZ and those on it were doing well.

I'm going to stick with Kivexa until I can get a Geno type done, so Dolutegravir will be my last line of defense so I'm keeping it until I really need it.  :)

Yes it's Autumn here and heading rapidly into winter, hence my mid winter holiday to Hawaii and Palm Springs in July/August.

I hope you are keeping well.

Hey Harley, Kia Ora, good to hear from you, yep still alive and kicking around this wee island across the ditch, but I do miss that big place to the left of me.   ;)

Hope you are doing OK and living the good life.

Hugs
Jan

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2017, 09:36:04 am »
Hi Back atcha Jan  :)

Hope you enjoy your holiday adventures, sure you will see the boys in Palm Springs...Give them a big hug from me  ;D

Hugs, Wade
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
 HIV Transmission and Risks
 You can read more about Testing here:
 HIV Testing
 You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
 HIV TasP
 You can read more about HIV prevention here:
 HIV prevention
 You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
 PEP and PrEP

Offline em

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2017, 11:34:29 am »
I have been taking Dolutegravir for a few years now If I recall correctly . my tcells cd4  have been around eight hundred and have been undetectable. My ID doc said everything looks good I did not ask for exact numbers just asked if there was any major changes I should be aware of. The ID doc said it was about the same

even though there are other things threatening my health I feel good and hope to continue doing the same for many years to come. Just trying to say if they think it will help prop up and help your numbers it might be worth thinking about. keeping you healthy and out and about for many years to come is important cause having bad numbers is not worth waiting through. at least that is my feeling on it. I hope you feel well even if your numbers are not the best at this time.

all the best to you

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2017, 07:14:03 pm »
Hi Em

Yes I am feeling good, I have no complaints in that department, keeping busy with conferences and local speaking engagements help keep my mind of other things.

Good to hear you are keeping relatively well.

Hugs
Jan

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2017, 07:16:09 pm »
Hi Wade

Good to hear from you, I will be staying with Jeff, and catching up with Mark, Creighton and a few of the other boys from the old crew are coming to PS as well...almost a mini AMG.. ;D

Hugs to you
Jan

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.