Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 18, 2024, 10:42:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 772781
  • Total Topics: 66296
  • Online Today: 328
  • Online Ever: 5484
  • (June 18, 2021, 11:15:29 pm)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 226
Total: 227

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Do I Have HIV?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: "HOPE DIES LAST"  (Read 68937 times)

Offline Tonny2

"HOPE DIES LAST"
« on: January 13, 2017, 04:01:31 pm »

OJO        HELLO EVERYONE...I'M NOT SURE IF THE TITTLE OF THIS THREAD MAKES SENSE.

IN AUGUST 2006, AT MY ID DOCTR'S OFFICE, I WAS TOLD THAT THERE WASN'T ANYMORE THE DOCTOR CAN'T DO FOR ME, WE HAVE TRIED EVERY MED AVAILABLE (RESISTANCE), SO I WENT HOME TO WAIT FOR AN OI TO KILL ME...OCTOBERS SAME YEAR, DOCTOR CALLED ME TO OFFERED ME A TREATMENT, NOT APROVED BY THE FDA YET, FOR PEOPLE WITH MY SAME RESISTANCE SITUATION...I STARTED THIS NEW TREATMENT IN JANUARY 2007 (PREZISTA/NORVIR AND INTELENCE), I EVEN GOT THEM FOR FREE FOR ONE YEAR....THREE MONTHS AFTER STARTED THE TREATMENT, MY CD4 WENT FROM 36 TO 360, AND FOR THE FIRST TIME SINCE MY DIAGNOSIS IN NOVEMBER 94, I GOT UNDETECTABLE, WOOHOO!!!. THE DOCTOR ADDED ISENTRESS TO MY TREATMENT THAT SAME MONTH,, MARCH...TEN YEARS LATER, SAME TREATMENT,  I WENT T SEE THE ID DOCTOR AND DRACULA LAST TUESDAY, I GOT MY RESULTS TODAY; CD4=649, CD4%-29 AND STILL UNDETECTABLE....SINCE MARCH 2016, MY CD4 HAVE BEEN ABOVE 600, FOR A GUY WHO STARTED THIS JOURNEY IN NOVEMBER 1994, WITH AN INITIAL CD4=20, I GUESS, I CAN'T COMPLAINT ABOUT MY NEW CD4 RESULTS...JUST WANTED TO SHARE WITH ALL OF YOU NEWLY AND NOT THAT NEW DIAGNOSTED MEMBER, V.I.P. AND OTHERS, THAT, WHEN YOU TAKE YOUR MEDICATIONS AS YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DO, A GOOD ATTITUDE, BEING POSITIVE (NO PUN INTENDED), WE ALL CAN BE LIVING A HAPPY AND NORMAL LIFE, WE JUST HAVE TO KEEP LOOKING FORWARD, BECAUSE HIV IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE WITHOUT FIGHTING IT (TAKING OUR MEDS), WE CAN'T TURN BACK TIME, IT IS WHAT IT IS...BEST OF LUCK...HUGS                OJO

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
Re: "HOPE DIES LAST"
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 04:21:00 pm »
THANKS FOR YOUR UPLIFITNG MESSAGE OF HOPE.  I WISH YOU MANY MORE YEARS OF GOOD HEALTH AND HIGH CD4'S!

I HOPE ALL NEWBIES READ YOUR MESSAGE AND TAKE IT TO HEART.  YOU ARE A GREAT EXAMPLE FOR EVERYONE WHO VISITS THESE FORUMS!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:37:28 pm by Ptrk3 »
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Offline TheNormalLife

• Rules have changed; giving up is never an option
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 07:31:57 pm »
TONNY2:

AMAZING NUMBERS! CONGRATULATIONS. ITS ALWAYS A BIT NERVE WRECKING WAITING FOR THE RESULTS EVERY SIX MONTHS.

RAY
09/14 Conversion
12/14 Diagnosed
12/14 CD4-6; VL-4245 (wrong CD4 test)
01/15 CD4-530 (pheeew)
01/15 CD4-755
03/15 CD4-545; VL-14401
04/15 CD4-623; VL-4531
04/15 Truvada/Efavirenz
07/15 CD4-595; VL-UD
08/15 CD4-763; VL-UD
11/15 CD4-581; VL-UD
03/16 CD4-523; VL-UD
07/16 CD4-655; VL-UD
09/16 CD4-820; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-544; VL-UD
03/17 CD4-669; VL-UD

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:44:51 pm »

ojo         hi,THANKS FOR REPLYING ptrk, AND I APPRECIATE YOUR KING WORDS...I'M SHARING MY STORY, AS OTHERS DO, TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT, EVEN FOR A GUY LIKE ME, WHO WAS DIAGNOSTED WHEN GETTING AN HIV/AIDS DIAGNOSIS WAS STILL A DEATH SENTENCE, AS A MATTER OF FACT, I WAS TOLD I WOULD LIVE TWO MORE YEARS. I WAS DIAGNOSED IN NOVEMBER 94, STARTED TREATMENT IN JANUARY 95...MY CD4 =20 WHEN DIAGNOSED...FROM 95 TO 2000, I LIVED WITH AIDS DUE TO TREATMENT FAILURE, SO, I GOT LOTS OF OIS: THREE EPISODES OF PCP, MAC, MOLLUSCOUS, CMV RETINITIS, WHICH LEFT ME LEGALLY BLIND...SOMETIME IN 2000, I  STARTED A NEW TREATMENT THAT FINALLY WORKED FOR ME (KALETRA, AGENERASE, SUSTIVA), MY CD4 WENT UP TO 351, SO, MY CMV RETINITIS AND MOLLUSCOUS INFECTIONS STOPPED, UNFORTUNALLY, THE DAMAGE WAS ALREADY DONE TO MY VISION. ANYWAY, THIS TREATMENT WORKED FOR FIVE YEARS, THREE DIFFERENT EPISODES OF PANCREATITIS, SO, I WAS SWIRCHED TO REYATAZ, NORVIR, LEXIVA, THID WAS IN AUGUST 2005, THEN, BACK TO AIDS, RESISTANCE,...AND, AS I MENTIONED ON MY POST, HOPE DIES LAST, I'M STILL HERE, WHIT THESE NUMBERS THAT I NEVER THOUGHT I COULD EVER GET, NOT EVEN MY DOCTOR THOUGHT IT...SO, IF THIS HAPPENED TO ME, THE NEWLY DIAGNOSED AND OTHERS CAN HOPE FOR THE SAME, EVEN BETTER NUMBERS BECAUSE MEDS ARE GREAT NOW, EVEN JUST ONE PILL A DAY DOES THR TRICK, WE JUST HAVE TO HEAVE DISCIPLINE IN TAKING OUR MED/S AS PRESCRIBED AND THINK POSITIVELY, A GOOD ATTITUDE HELPS, AT LEAST, IT HAS HELPED ME ALL THESE 22 YEARS LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS...AGAIN, THANKS PATRICK FOR YOUR ENCOURAGING REPLY...HUGS

@THENORMALLIFE...AMIGO, GRACIAS, I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU, SINCE THE FIRST DAY ON THESE FORUMS, I JUST TESTED, LIVING WITH HIV AND VIVIR WITH HIV, YOU WERE ALWAYS VERY POSITIVE ABOUT BEING POSITIVE (NO PUN INTENDED), GIVING OTHER MEMBERS A KIND WORD OF SUPPORT EVENTHOUGH YOU WERE GOING THROUGH YOUR OWN ADJUSTMENTS AFTER GETTING A DIAGNOSIS...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, I ADMIRE YOU...AND YES, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN ABOUT THE FEELINGS WHEN YOU ARE WAITING FOR THE BLOOD WORK RESULTS, EVEN, IT HAPPENES TO ME, AFTER DEALING WITH THIS FOR THE LAST 22 YEARS...NOW, I HOPE, I CAN BECOME A VIP OF THIS CLUB ONE OF THESE DAYS, BECAUSE I TAKE FOUR PILLS  TWICE A DAY, IT SEEMS IMPOSIBLE DUE TO ALLERGIES TO TENOFOVIR AND ABACAVIR...AGAIN MY FRIEND, THANKS FOR REPLYING...TQM...HUGS         OJO

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 09:54:46 am »
TONNY,

MANY THANKS FOR THE UPLIFTING NEWS.
I FEEL TEARS FLOWING IN MY EYES IMAGINING HOW YOU FELT BEING TOLD THERE WAS NOTHING TO DO BUT WAIT TO DIE.   THANK YOU FOR BEING THERE.
Japanese National.
Language:  Japanese and English

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2017, 07:28:05 pm »

ojo      HELLO MY DEAR FRIEND DANIEL; THANKS FOR REPLYING. THANKFULLY FOR LOTS OF PEOPLE INFECTED WITH HIV, NOWADAYS, YOU GUYS  DON'T HAVE TO GO THROUGH WHAT SOME OF US LTSs HAVE TO GO THROUGH...YOU ARE A FIGHTER, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK...HUGS...ARIGATO                                                ojo

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 12:13:03 am »
TONNY,

YOU ARE A  GOOD KIND PERSON .
I ALWAYS WISH YOU THE BEST.

WE HAVE HAD COLD WEATHER IN TOKYO .
MUCHO FRIO .
Japanese National.

Offline tryingtostay

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2017, 09:27:20 pm »
THAT IS GREAT TO HEAR, TONY!  HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY :)

Offline MrThankful

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 08:57:36 am »
Awesome, awesome, awesome stuff! It's amazing what can happen when you don't give up...and how quickly medicine has been able to turn the tables on this nasty virus!

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 02:22:51 pm »

OJO       HELLO @TRYINGTOSTAY...THANKS FOR REPLYING...HUGS ON YOUR WAY

@MRTHANKFUL, YOU ARE RIGHT, MEDS HAVE MADE THE DIFFERENCE, ALL WE NEED TO FIGHT THIS VIRUS IS A GOOD ATTITUDE AND NEVER GIVE UP, DON'T LET THE VIRUS CONTROL YOUR LIFE, THE MEDS WILL CONTROL IT, SO YOU CONTROL YOUR LIFE, IT IS WHAT IT IS, LIFE GOES ON...THANKS FOR REPLYING...HUGS              OJO

Offline veryscary

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2017, 05:28:27 am »
Hello Tonny2 ,
I'm clinging to your words as a life west........
just been diagnosed 7 days ago and started treatment right away but my initial CD4 is 120 and VL is about 26000 , which means I am to be diagnosed with AIDS not just latent HIV+ .
I am soooo scared for my life  and especially for those dependent of me , I have a long term girlfriend who is negative ( thank God we used condoms for a contraception) and now don't know what to do next...... Do i have a chance for a  longer that 20 y life ?! My girlfriend want's to have children with me which may be doable but very risky .......... I am just soooo scared........sometimes I think it's better to just disappear.......no more pain......

Offline Jim Allen

• Administrator
  • Threads: @jim16309
    • Social Media: Threads
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2017, 05:37:47 am »
@ Veryscared.

Look I setup a thread of your own and merged the other posts you had into that thread. Its in the "I just tested positive" section, try to keep you own fear in that thread so people can help you. I also sent you a PM on this and hope you are okay.

This is so members can help each other (you) better and in other peoples threads we can focus on the OP.

Jim

https://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=65719
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 06:22:45 am by JimDublin »
HIV 101 - Everything you need to know
HIV 101
Read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
Read about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
HIV TasP
You can read about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
Read about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

My Instagram
Threads

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 08:31:51 pm »

OJO      HELLO EVERYONE...SOMETIMES I CAN USE A BIG HUG               OJO

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 08:37:21 pm »
TONNY2:  MANY PEOPLE ON THESE FORUMS SEND BIG HUGS YOUR WAY EVERY DAY!  DON'T EVER FORGET THAT! :) :D ;D
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 08:41:13 pm »
THE SAME TO YOU .
Japanese National.

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2017, 09:12:52 pm »
Hi Tony

So glad you are still here to encourage the guys on the forums adn to show them that giving up is not really an option.

I have just recently been told I have become resistance my last line of defense, I have no more meds in NZ to fall back on, but like you I'm not about to give up, we just haven't found a way round things yet, but we will.

Thanks again for the inspiration you are giving the guys here.

I haven't been on the forums for a while now but it's good to come back and see the encouragement you are giving to the members.

I have one request and please don't be offended, but it's really hard reading a post when it's written in capitals, especially if it's a long post, it's also considered shouting...just saying. :D

Hugs
Jan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline OneTampa

• "Butterflies are free."
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2017, 09:47:27 pm »
To Tonny, Daniel, Trying, Very, Jim, Ptrk, Normal and Many Other Board Members I Feel Compelled To Paraphrase a Current Inspirational Movie Title:

"We Here Are Hidden Figures But Visible Enough To Inspire Many Many Others." ;)

The Strength, Compassion, Caring, Loyalty, Awareness, Sharing and Life Journeys That Define Us Continue To Serve and Touch Many.

Even As A  Long Term Survivor Now In My 33rd Year HIV+ And Told At The Outset That I Had Only 2 Years To Live, I Still Find Encouragement From Everyone Here.

Wishing Everyone The Very Best,

OT

:) ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 09:50:24 pm by OneTampa »
"He is my oldest child. The shy and retiring one over there with the Haitian headdress serving pescaíto frito."

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2017, 02:04:10 pm »

OJO      HELLO AGAIN

@PTRK3  AND #DANIELTAKASHI, THANKS FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND YOUR HUGS

@ONETAMPA. YOUR STORY IS SIMILAR TO MINE, I WAS ALSO TOLD HAD TWO MORE YEARS TO LIVE AFTER MY DX IN 1994, IT'S BEEN 22 YEARS AND I'M STILL HERE..I, ALSO GET ENCOURAGMENT READING THE NEW MEMBERS AND SEEING THEM SHARING EXPERIENCES AND SUPPORTING EACH OTHERS...THSNKD FOR REPLYING...NICE PIC

@anniebc  please, do not worry, i don't get offended, on the contrary, i thank you for pointing this out...it's ironic, that's why i posted the need for a hug, mu vision is getting worse, and i get frustrated trying to reply to some posts even while writing with capital letters, that's why i use capital letters, the moderator haven't yelled at me, i think they understand. jimdublin told me how to increase the size of the fonts, but i'm a dumb guy, i still can't get it...anyway

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, i was in the same situation in the summer of 2006, my doc sent me home to wait for an oi to kill me, i even got a living will asking to do not be resucitated, but as you said,do not give up, i'm sure you will find something to help you keep fighting...i was offered a treatment in october of 2006, "salvage treatment", (prezista/norvir, intelence, i started taking it on january 2007, three months later, my cd4 went from 34 to 360 and for the first time since my dx, i was UNDETECTABLE, the doctor added one more medication that march, isentress, i've been on the same treatment since then, ten years, and my cd4 now is 649 and still UD. hsve you tried this combo?, it is prescribed for people like you and me with hisory of resistance, i hope you can get it or you are not resistance to it...i will be thinking of you, sending you good vibes...please keep us posted...lots of hugs on your way...hang in there, by the way, what's your cd4?                                            ojo

ps i apologized in advanced for any mistyping, remember, i'm legally blind

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2017, 10:07:58 pm »

HI, TONNY

YOU ARE VERY SPECIAL TO US.
ALWAYS NICE TO US ALL .
THANK YOU.

NEVER WORRY ABOUT MISTYPING.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 10:11:57 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2017, 05:49:01 am »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 05:52:52 am by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2017, 10:36:45 am »

OJO      HELLO DANIEL, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY...I ALREADY HAD A PROBLEM FOR MISTYPING, SOMEONE WAS DISGUTED WITH MY ERROR, I ALREADY APOLOGIZED FOR IT AND I THINK A CLEARED THE PROBLEM   ;)

I'M VERY PROUD OF YOU FOR HELPING AND SUPPORTING THE "NEWBBIES", BY SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES DURING THE DARKEST DAYS OF OUR LIVES WHEN TOLD, "YOU ARE POZ", I DO REMEMBER YOUR FIRST POST, AGAIN, PROUD OF YOU MY JAPANESE AMIGO.

THANKS FOR THE PICTURES, BEAUTIFUL, I DON'T THINK WE HAVE IT IN MEXICO
                                                                                                                    OJO

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2017, 05:23:19 pm »
HI TONNY

, (prezista/norvir, intelence, i started taking it on january 2007

I WAS ON THIS COMBO LAST YEAR AND HAD A REALLY BAD SIDE EFFECT AFTER ABOUT 3 MONTHS, MY FACE AND THROAT STARTED TO SWELL UP RATHER BADLY AND I HAD TROUBLE BREATHING SO HAD TO COME OFF IT, WE THINK IT MAY HAVE BEEN THE NORVIR BUT COULDN'T DO A GENOTYPE TEST  TO VERIFY THAT AT THE TIME BECAUSE  MY NUMBERS WERE IMPROVING AND I WAS UD.

WE ARE STILL WORKING ON A SOLUTION TO MY RESISTANCE.

TAKE CARE AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

HUGS
JAN
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2017, 06:21:39 pm »
HI, TONNY,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR NICE WORDS.

WE APPRECIATE YOUR COMMENTS AND POSTINGS, ALWAYS .

DON'T  WORRY ABOUT MISTYPING OR CAPS.
Japanese National.

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2017, 03:04:41 pm »

OJO      HELLO AGAIN

@anniebc, THANKS FOR YOUR REPLU. I WILL BE THINKING OF YOU. BEST OF LUCK

@DANUELTAKASHI...THANKS. I LOVE YOU                                                      OJO

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2017, 09:58:58 pm »
TONNY,

THANK YOU ALWAYS.

YOU ARE GREAT TRYING TO REACH OUT TO MANY IN SPITE OF YOUR EYE PROBLEM.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 10:04:42 pm by DANIELtakashi »
Japanese National.

Offline abrokenman

« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2017, 01:42:55 pm »
Tonny2  :)

Glad to hear of your new #'s and that you are doing well! Keep positive attitude and fighting.
You put One foot in front of the other

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2017, 08:36:06 pm »
Tonny2  :)

Glad to hear of your new #'s and that you are doing well! Keep positive attitude and fighting.

OJO       HELLO @ABROKENMAN, THANKS FOR REPLYING...I KNOW THAT IT IS DIFICULT WHEN GETTING AN HIV DIAGNOSIS, BUT TRUST ME, IT WILL GET BETTER, ALL OF US HAAVE OUR OWN HISTORIES, SOME BAD, OTHERS NOT THAT BAD, BUT, I THINK, IF WE LIVE IN THE PAST, OUR PRESENT AND FUTURE WILL BE JUST AS BAD AS OUR PAST. TURN THE PAGE, ENJOY THIS NEW OPPORTUNITY OF LIVE, YOU STILL HAVE LOTS TO DO AHEAD, JUST ONE PILL A DAY AND ENJOY LIFE. LIFE IS STILL BEAUTIFULEVEN WHEN LIVING WITH HIV, TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO HAS BEEN LIVING WITH HIV FOR 22 YEARS AND LEGALLY BLIND SINCE 2000, DUE TO CMV RETINITIS. I DO ENJOY LIFE, YOU CAN DO IT TOO, YOU JUST HAVE TO SET YOUR MIND TO DO IT...HUGS                                                                                                     OJO

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2017, 08:43:13 pm »
HI, TONNY,
GREETINGS FROM JAPAN .
Japanese National.

Offline Greg01

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2017, 11:05:59 pm »
Hi Tonny  :)

Thank you for sharing your very uplifting experience! 

Best,

Greg
01/09/2017 - Reactive HIV Antibody test
01/18/2017 - Diagnosed HIV Positive
02/14/2017 - CD4 373, VL 80,690
03/09/2017 - Started Triumeq

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2017, 02:10:54 pm »

OJO          HELLO
@DANIELTAKASHI...THANKS MY FRIEND

@GREG01, THANKS AND WELCOME TO THE CLUB

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2017, 08:50:49 pm »
 :(    hello everyone....Last Monday, I was feeling so sick that I had to go to the ER, dx, dihidrated and pneumonia, gibing augmentin 750mg twice a day...feeling like crap. I can use a hug and some positive energy...cybeer hugs to all                          ojo

Offline awakening

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2017, 10:05:20 pm »
Wishing you a quick recovery Tonny. Stay strong, spring is in the air!
~~~~
[month/date/year]
3/1/16: Tested neg (Oral swab)
6/17/16: Diagnosed poz (finger prick), confirmed w/Multispot assay
6/17/16: VL 22,900, CD4 - 524 cells/uL (30%)
7/2/16: Started Triumeq (DTG+ABC+3TC)
8/1/16: VL 30
10/4/16: VL <20, CD4 - 630 (31%)
1/4/17: VL 90
2/7/17: Undetected
4/17/17: Undetected, CD4 - 695 (33%)
7/20/17: VL 75
8/21/17: VL <20
11/27/17: VL<20
3/26/18: VL<20, CD4 - 701 (36%)
5/14/18: Switch to Juluca (DTG+RPV)
6/11/18: VL<20
7/25/18: Undetected, CD4 - 632 (38%)
1/22/19: VL<20

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 11:00:35 pm »
My thoughts are with you, Tonny2, and I truly hope you feel much better soon!
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline vrsan

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2017, 04:51:09 am »
HELLO TONY, I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER ALREADY TODAY, AND WILL FEEL EVEN BETTER TOMORROW! HUGS

Offline paintedroom

• Dx`d July 2016
« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2017, 06:15:16 am »
LIKEWISE TONNY,BIG LOVE GOING OUT TO YOU FROM IRELAND.
WE HAVEN`T EXCHANGED MESSAGES IN A WHILE BUT I REMEMBER YOU VERY WELL  AS BEING SO HELPFUL TO ME IN THOSE FIRST FEW SCARED TO THE BONE WEEKS.
I REALLY HOPE TODAY FINDS YOU FEELING A LITTLE BETTER.YOUR MESSAGES ARE IMPORTANT - I`M SOMETIMES IN DANGER OF TAKING THINGS FOR GRANTED..SOMETIMES I NEED TO UNDERSTAND HOW LUCKY I AM JUST TO BE ALIVE.

AGAIN,BIG HUG FROM IRELAND XO
Dx`d mid July 2016
8/8/2016 - CD4 50     VL 50,000
5/9/2016 -  CD4 150
13/9/2016  VL  undetectable.
March `17 - CD4 193   VL undetectable.
March  `18 CD4 214    VL undetectable
March 2019 CD4 325  VL UD
Genvoya - Changed to Biktarvy feb 2021

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2017, 08:06:54 am »
TONNY,

PLEASE GET WELL SOON.
YOU ARE SPECIAL TO ME.
Japanese National.

Offline Wade

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2017, 08:36:30 am »
TONY, I AM SO SORRY TO READ THIS
GET WELL SOON DEAR FRIEND.
I KNOW YOU WILL, WE'RE TO TOUGH TO BE SICK !

BIG HUGS SENT YOUR WAY, WADE
HIV 101 - Basics
 HIV 101
 HIV Testing
 HIV TasP
 HIV prevention
 PEP and PrEP

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 07:59:18 pm »

ojo       Hello everyone...Thanks for your kind words, I think, I'm back, still coughing, but feeling better.

I think that when I went to the ER lsdt week, I caaught the flu, because last friday I was feeling sicker, last monday I went to see my GP, tested me for influenza, and it was positive...my pneumonia is gone, one more day of antibiotics, for the flu. it was too late to get tamiflu, already 72 hours have passed since symtomps appeared, so I had to deal with it. As I said, feeling better...THANKS AGAIN for all of you who took the time in replying...cyber hugs                                                                         ojo

Offline BubbaPat

• Bubba hugs!
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 10:00:07 pm »
Howdy sunshine!!!
Sorry to read that you've been busy with not feeling well.
I'll send you warm wishes, big smiles, rays of Texas of sunbeams and big bubba hugs!!
You get better!!!

Bubba hugs!
Patrick
Bubba hugs!

Offline klauss

• Keep the fight going...
« Reply #39 on: April 06, 2017, 04:12:30 pm »
HEY TONNY,

I'M VERY GLAD TO HEAR THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER ,PLEASE TAKE CARE  :)

DX: 05.12.2016

12.12.2016 CD4 347,CD8 1032,VL= will now soon
07.01.2017 Start meds
Emtriva+Tenofovir+Tivicay (first two make Truvada,but not available yet in my country)
18.05.2017  VL -UD
18.102017 cd4 633   cd8 907 Vl

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 09:15:46 pm »

OJO        HELLO

@BUBBAPAT, YOU ALWAYS MAKE MY DAY WITH YOUR MESSAGES, THANKS FOR REPLYING...YES, I'M DOING WELL NOW...I WAS IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOOD LAST JANUARY, NO BUBBA HUG  ;(...I HOPE I CAN MEET YOU ON MY NEXT TRIP TO TEXAS

@KLAUSS, THANKS MY FRIEND FOR REPLYING...I GUESS A BEAT THE PNEUMONIA AND THE FLU, BUT, THEY ALMOST GOT ME, I WAS OUT FOR A WHOLE WEEK FEELING SO SICK, THANKFULLY, I'M DOING BETTER...CYBER HUGS FOR BOTH OF YOU      OJO

Offline DANIELtakashi

« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2017, 09:46:21 pm »
TONNY,

GLAD THAT YOU ARE FEELING BETTER .

YOUR FRIEND IN ASIA.
Japanese National.

Offline RossH

• Life goes on!
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2017, 02:33:56 am »
Tonny
Good to hear your positive news!  I've been HIV+ a year this May. Starting to adjust but  don't know if oneever does.  Life changes so drastically with this diagnosis. I find it isolating. Hope you have lots of support and  no resistance again with the new treatment. 
HUGS TO YOU TONNY
Ross
5/16/16    VL  62800. CD4 882 34%
Triumeq started 6/15/16
7/13/16.   VL 52. CD4 718 40%
10/28/16  VL UD CD4 1478 43%
3/1/17       VL UD CD4 930 41%

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2017, 04:34:30 pm »

OJO        HELLO AGAIN

@DANIELTAKASHI, MY Fvorite japanese friend. Thanks for your message, you make me feel well

@rossh. Thanks for replying...I know it is difficult to adjust but it's  doable if we want to keep living a happier life...I have had my bad days, especially, when I started to lose my vision, I wanted to throw the towel, losing my independence, not being ablr to drive anymore made me isolate myself, but  I have a mother who depends on me, and family who wants me around, and I guess, they are worthy to keep fighting for...Hang in there and I really hope you learn how to live with the virus, your med will take control of it, so youu can take back control of your life, because life is to short to be wasting it in something that we can not change...ENJOY LIFE, your partner, your family, friends, etc, etc....cyber hugs on your way fellow ohioan, we might be neighbors                                                                                                    ojo

Offline RossH

• Life goes on!
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2017, 11:14:32 pm »
Hey Tonny
Hell if you got through all that I'll work on being more positive. I'm in the Dayton area. Is that near you?

Hugs
Ross
5/16/16    VL  62800. CD4 882 34%
Triumeq started 6/15/16
7/13/16.   VL 52. CD4 718 40%
10/28/16  VL UD CD4 1478 43%
3/1/17       VL UD CD4 930 41%

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2017, 09:13:42 pm »
Hey Tonny
Hell if you got through all that I'll work on being more positive. I'm in the Dayton area. Is that near you?

Hugs
Ross

OJO        HELLO AGAIN ROSSH...THAT'S THE ATTITUDE, I HOPE YOU WAKE UP EVERY MORNING AND THANK LIFE FOR ANOTHER DAY, AND HOPEFULLY, YOU WILL LIVE THAT DAY AS IF WERE THE LAST DAY OF YOUR LIFE, THAT'S THE WAY I DO EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE, I LIVE IT AT THE FULLEST.

I LIVE BETWWEN CLEVELAND, OH. AND PITTSBURGH, PA...I GUESS WE ARE A BIT APART...PLEASE KEEP US POSTED, WISHING YOU THE BEST...CYBER HUGS ON YOUR WAY                                                     OJO

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2017, 03:48:35 pm »

ojo        Hello everyone.

Last Tuesday, I went to see my ID doctor and "Dracula", and I just got my latest blood work results, according to "Dracula"...cd4=556; cd4%=28 and still UD...as I mentioned
previously, I've been taking the same treatment for ten years and it is still kicking ass. I'm still sorprised with this kind of numbers, it's been a year and a half with cd4 over 500, previous results over 600, for nine years my "soldiers" were 300-400. I started this treatment in January 2007 as a "salvage treatment", because of resistance, my cd4 then was 36 and I was told in the summer of 2006 that there was nothing else the doctor could help me with...yes, hope dies last, while there is hope, there is life...cyber hugs for everybody                                                                                        ojo

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2017, 04:28:02 pm »
Congratulations on your numbers!  Your persistence and positive attitude is an inspiration to us all.  Best wishes to you for continued health and happiness.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Offline Tonny2

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »

ojo        Hello Patrick, thanks for your reply and kind words...as days go by, it's becoming more difficult for me to participate on these forums, my vision is getting worse....I guess losing my vison, most of it, has been the worse thing that has happened to me, even worse than knowing about my diagnosis. I still rememver with sadness when I started noticing the lost of my peripherial vision while the treatment I was using to treat CMV wasn't working  ;(...The worse part is, no being able to drive since rhe year 2000, I have lost my independence, this situation has made me isolate muself from all my friends...They would call me, when I just lost my vision, and I didn't want to go out, they keep calling to take me out, I would say no thanks, so, the phone stopped ringging...I guess life goes on, I still have my family and good friends, long distance friends, I guess, I can't complain...anyway, eenough venting...again, thanks for taking the time on replying, I know you are a busy moderator, I really appreciate it...cyber hug                                                                            ojo

Offline Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: May 25, 2017, 11:32:39 pm »
GOD BLESS YOU, KIND SIR, AND MUCH LOVE AND MANY HUGS COMING MY WAY TO YOU.   :)
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
HIV Testing
HIV TasP
HIV prevention
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2024 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.